Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Uncluttered design: No Stars seated coins. Here's mine, please add yours.

The No Stars seated dimes and half dimes are my favorite seated designs. Do they have the least amount of letters of any US design? I don't know.

This half dime was recently purchased from Oreville who got it from Lord Marcovan. Thanks guys, I like it very much!

Comments

• Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's mine, EX: NGC MS 62, now PCGS AU 58:

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always admired that uncluttered obv.
    Great pick-up CarlWohlforth and what a beauty MFH.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭
    1837 H10c No Stars MS-66

1837 10c No Stars Sm Date MS-64

A small town back east
    My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    great looking coins with one of my favorite obv designs!

no stars! (worn off ;-) )

imageimage
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely looking Ladies, gents!!! image
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    gee, I wonder where you could buy sell or trade for these 2 inexpensive examples image

• Options
    MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I love the early No Stars Gobrecht design, and am in awe over the examples provided by Joe O'Connor and others on this thread, I must admit that I am equally breathless over the amazing photograph provided by LoveMyLiberty of the planes flying over the Statue of Liberty. I would be hard pressed to say which one impressed me the most.

The proof example of the 1837 Large Date No Stars V1 half dime provided by Joe O'Connor is simply stunning. Thanks for sharing that. Not something you see every day.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The planes with Statue of Liberty is indeed an amazing shot. I have two NS obverse coins, but one is not of the half-dime or dime denomination.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Thanks for posting everybody! You all usually come up with some really cool coins. I just love that proof half dime of Joe O'Conners, but I've always been a sucker for proof type. Thanks for posting that dollar TomB. The obverse is really uncluttered though there are a few stars on the reverse image I might have wanted that holed half dime for my holey hat - except I already have one. image It is neat that almost anybody can buy a circulated example of such an old and interesting coin but very few can buy a super high grade proof.
  • Options
    stev32kstev32k Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭
    I've owned this one for many years (maybe 20?) and it's one of my favorite designs.

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard drive?
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are my three coins:

imageimage

imageimage

It has been my experience that the No Stars dime is much harder to find in VF or better than the half dime.

imageimage
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1838-O H10c, MS66 (PCGS)

image >>

An 1838-O half dime in that condition. image

Now that's impressive! image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    fishteethfishteeth Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file