Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1959 Jefferson Nickel Black Beauty ErrorCoin - "We got a burnt nickel!"

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    Are you kidding me?

Oh my... I hope they can't sleep at night.

That's just sad...

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goldbully, you could have warned that you need to wear knee high boots and a have a $#!+ shovel handy before you view this! image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options

<< <i>Goldbully, you could have warned that you need to wear knee high boots and a shovel handy before you view this! image >>

I'm into luring my fellow forum members into this sanctuary of pompous coin pumpers!!! image
  • Options
    I'm not watching it but listening... boy these guys can talk the talk! image
  • Options

<< <i>I'm not watching it but listening... boy these guys can talk the talk! image >>

And walk the walk.........image
  • Options
    Actually might do better consigning a collection to the Home Shopping Network... then some auction houses imageimage
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    "RIPE"

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Kinda like watching the "Mutt & Jeff" show!

They both talk to the audience like they are stupid and then turn around and say the stupidest things I;ve ever heard!

"The mint would want these back!"

"These nickels are burnt..............."

"This is the ONLY year for this error.............."

It would be nice if they knew what they were talking about but then they wouldn;t be able to sucker the compulsive shoppers, the elderly or the get rich quick folks into paying ridiculous sums for the crap they sell!

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    CertifiedGoldCoinsCertifiedGoldCoins Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭
    Those two yahoos could sell tickets for something like this.......

Good deals with: goldman86 mkman123 Wingsrule wondercoin segoja Tccuga OKCC LindeDad and others.

my early American coins & currency: -- http://yankeedoodlecoins.com/
  • Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What i want to know is how can a coin be "burnt" and "brilliant uncirculated" at the same time?

$250 is way too much for this coin they should be calling Black Doodoo...

That settles it,i'm on my way to the store to buy up all the Cheetos i can find.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    What's wrong? It is just an opinion....Respectfully, John Curlis
  • Options

<< <i>Kinda like watching the "Mutt & Jeff" show!

They both talk to the audience like they are stupid and then turn around and say the stupidest things I;ve ever heard!

"The mint would want these back!"

"These nickels are burnt..............."

"This is the ONLY year for this error.............."

It would be nice if they knew what they were talking about but then they wouldn;t be able to sucker the compulsive shoppers, the elderly or the get rich quick folks into paying ridiculous sums for the crap they sell!

image >>

• Options

<< <i>BB Error Video

image >>

It's Friday night, and worth one more view!!!!! image
  • Options
    They make cool nose rings! image

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, did ANACS actually certify something like these?

I remember finding some nickels in the school's trash burning barrell in about 1962, and the ones I found were much darker.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image I have 5 or 6 rolls of these lying around somewhere--I didn't know they were worth $250 each that's 10k a roll--Anyone want to put me into early retirement?image. Lot of mis-information there. They were actually produced in both 1958 and 1959. Maybe i can sell those guys some @ $100 each and they can then resell them for $250. GEESH

edited to add---> about two years ago i sold an original roll of these on ebay and got about $8.00 for it. Maybe these two guys bought it.
  • Options
    TrustNo1TrustNo1 Posts: 1,359
    If that coin isnt worth more than $5, they should be sent to Gitmo for a week or so
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the "original" Blackie Jeff was a 1955 Philadephia minted coin. I have seen these before, and
    are much darker than the one shown in the video. I think I have one somewhere in my stash. Anyone
    remember anything about this, or is my memory making this up as we go? image Shag
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "one of the most desirable US coin errors!" "Eminently, eminently collectible!"

And he only has 140 left! image
  • Options
    ANACS should be embarrassed.
    "College men from LSU- went in dumb, come out dumb too..."
    -Randy Newmanimage
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ANACS should be embarrassed. >>

True, they SHOULD be, but this is just par for the course for what they've become. They've sold their reputation for flashy TV money. The proof is right there on the screen.

It fascinates me to hear the guys talk about how rare the coin is and then mention the hundreds they've sold.

This was entertaining to watch, but I feel unclean now. Time for a shower- hopefully the dirt will come off.
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could not listen to the whole thing... was getting nauseous... what tripe... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    CertifiedGoldCoinsCertifiedGoldCoins Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭
    So those black things are collectable now? I haven't done roll-swapping for 25 years, but in the early 80's I used to save dates that I thought might be worth something later, '40's, S-Mints, '55, 58, even 59. I spent the black ones, thought they were defective. In fact, I still think they are.
    Good deals with: goldman86 mkman123 Wingsrule wondercoin segoja Tccuga OKCC LindeDad and others.

my early American coins & currency: -- http://yankeedoodlecoins.com/
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Just wait for one of the people who bought one to try and sell it to a coin dealer.

Wait until the dealer calls them a:

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ANACS should be embarrassed. >>

I would think not since they did grade the coins. What BS Banner that HSN sells them under has nothing to do with ANACS.

I know that if I were a major grader and was approached by a large outfit to grade a bunch of coins, I certainly would not turn away the business!

Personally, I have no problem with ANACS and who they choose to do business.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file