Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Score!!! Update with pics! ****Updated with Crossover Grade****

19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
UPDATE Number 2

I didn't bother cracking it out but simply sent it in as a crossover. Came back an MS64!

Tonights Auction on EBay:

Score!!

UPDATE

The coin arrived yesterday and it is indeed a Type 2 Variety and a nice Talon Head to boot!

The grade is a MS62, possibly a 63.

Very Good Luster and a couple of hits with some planchet chatter in the left upper fields on the obverse and left lower fileds on the reverse.

imageimage

Needless to say I'm very pleased and will send this in with my next submission.
Provided of course, when I get it cracked out, the edges are good!

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Comments

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I'm clueless about Ikes and distrustful as possible of this "grading service", please explain what I'm missing here.

Rare variety?
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    Type 2?

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it's missing the I in liberty and A Type2. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to rip a third-world self-slabbing seller. You should leave positive feedback, "Glad to have cherrypicked your a$$!"
  • Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SGS65???? prolly an AU55. Hope it is a good variety--Ike's are not my specialty. Bob
  • Options
    IMO its a Type 2! All the markers are there.

Even if it turns out to be an AU55, which I seriously doubt, it'll be worth a lot more than $51!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Yep, It sure looks like a type 2. It looks like it would grade MS-62 or MS-63.image
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    no interest in Ikes - just wanted another plug for Ron Paul...
    My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry
  • Options
    Just goes to show you not all people know what they are selling. You know what this means. As a fellow Ike lover I will be checking out every 1972 slabbed coin on Ebay thanks 19Lyds
    RACC
    I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent!! image

I love it when the crap eBay sellers, especially the self-slabbers, get cherrypicked!! image
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly, Russ, on this forum, also cherry picked from this guy and received a high-grade Kennedy half dollar.
    Tom

• Options
    His Roosie dimes, though, all use the same picture for the reverse (and he's labelled his picture as a 2007 reverse). image
    "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore"

My Registry Sets
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice job, 19Lyds.............

***The Ike series is still not widely appreciated, particularly among dealers. Cherry-picking opportunities abound for the sharp-eyed enthusiast, and possibly finding a Type 2 for just a few bucks is one such opportunity.***

Ikes
  • Options
    >>I love it when the crap eBay sellers, especially the self-slabbers, get cherrypicked!! <<

Nothing would make me happier than to see this guy ABONCOM get "cherry-picked" all day.

In fact..... I'd make a bowl of popcorn and watch the fun.

WTB: Barber Quarters XF

• Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>His Roosie dimes, though, all use the same picture for the reverse (and he's labelled his picture as a 2007 reverse). image >>

Yes, hope you get the pictured coin. Still worth the try. --Jerry
  • Options

<< <i>His Roosie dimes, though, all use the same picture for the reverse (and he's labelled his picture as a 2007 reverse). image >>

I've heard also that the coin pictured is not the coin which was received which I considered. But the auction states that the coin pictured is the coin that will be received and if it turns out otherwise, I'll just return it.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If I remember correctly, Russ, on this forum, also cherry picked from this guy and received a high-grade Kennedy half dollar. >>

BINed as part of a three coin 1965-1967 set for $36 shipped.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Did you get it yet Russ?

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did you get it yet Russ? >>

Got it quite some time ago. Cracked out, sent to PCGS, graded MS67DCAM, sold for $700.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Nice rip Lee! I bet it's a 63!
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    AU55
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>no interest in Ikes - just wanted another plug for Ron Paul... >>

People that feel the need to toss in politics, no matter what, are pretty pathetic!

Lee....nice score!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>AU55 >>

Based on What??

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Looks nice and frosty, I'll bet it's gonna show above average luster when you get it.
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    You should email this thread to Abon after you receive the coin. image Nice cherry! image
    aka Dan
  • Options
    Updated with pics!

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool...I'm still trying to cherrypick one of those. Nice score!
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice score Lee.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Lee... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Crossover update in the first post.

The name is LEE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file