Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Classics #15: 1925 Lexington Concord

Comments

• Options
    jmj3esqjmj3esq Posts: 5,421
    Thanks, again, Lee. You could not have picked a better time to post this one. Here is my patriotic example:

PCGS MS64 (Thinking about resubmiting on hopes of a MS65):

• Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    Another outstanding thread Lee, as always!image
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great job image, cant wait till 26 and the Oregon Thread !!!!!!
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Another great history lessen Lee.image

The Lexington is one of my top ten favorites.

• Options
    Perfect coin for the 4th of July and one of my favorites, got this from my Dad back in the 70's.
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    DESERTRODENT, your Lexington looks very nice and that is one of the best preserved boxes I have seen. Congrats.
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162

<< <i>DESERTRODENT, your Lexington looks very nice and that is one of the best preserved boxes I have seen. Congrats. >>

I agree with that. Actually, the box is probably worth more than the coinimage
  • Options
    Thanks for the nice feedback it is one of my favorite coins
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A low-budget, July 2005 re-enactment on the Lexington Battle Green.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Wow, that is a beautiful coin! It is easily the nicest example of a Lexington Concord that I have ever seen.
  • Options
    CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another great post, thanks Lee...this is a tough coin to find with any color at all except mottled brown. THis coin is NGC65, previously PCGS65, purchased from TomB a few years ago..it has a beautiful light green tint to it from being stored in the wooden box of issue; I have seen a number of uniformly green Lexingtons like this one.

Two postcards from the celebration in 1925

Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    17751775 Posts: 75 ✭✭✭
    Nice job of info/ and pics; have lived in Lexington for 56 years; technically it should be called "Concord-Lexington" because it is the Concord Minuteman on the obverse and the Lexington Belfry on the reverse ;BUT; Lexington came first! so it is much more appropriate to call it Lexington-Concord. Have bought and sold thousands of them in the last 35 years in the coin business; have 70 plus certified ms-65 or better. It is still one of the hardest individually issued commems to get in 65 or better; but one of the most common in circ thru 62.
  • Options
    Here is a side comment for new collectors: the first coin is a gold MS64 PCGS from one of their "tough" grading periods; the second is a green label MS65 that is lackluster and not particularly memorable. One case where the old green label coin should not command a premium.

Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    This MS65 has a layer of original ''skin", is very lustrous, and came from Mike Printz, who told me he has boxes of coins like this under his desk and just doesnt feel like selling them image

Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file