Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

USMC Proof.... Ooooooooooooohhhhhh Raaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
The lint isn't on the coin...

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
"Senorita HepKitty"
"I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter

Comments

• Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345
    Semper Fiimage
  • Options
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    And remind me why we need to honor them on the 230th anniversary, I would think 200th or 250th would make more sense, but then the clowns in Congress know what they are doing, just think the dollar coins with the presidents on that the collectors told them resoundingly we dont want.
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those proofs are awesome!!

Doesn't matter what anniversary it is for the Marines--- a fitting tribute regardless!!

These will be very popular coins; I think the proof coins will be more in demand than the uncs.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    Could be because we are at war and the general public views of that are waning.

Nice coin and show be a popular one in the future.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options

<< <i>And remind me why we need to honor them on the 230th anniversary, I would think 200th or 250th would make more sense, but then the clowns in Congress know what they are doing >>

423,000 sold between 7/20/05 and 8/4/05--fifteen days--I'd say the "clowns" in Congress might just know what they're doing after all image
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭
    Beauty of a Proof, My Bopper!

TorinoCobra71

• Options

<< <i>And remind me why we need to honor them on the 230th anniversary, I would think 200th or 250th would make more sense, but then the clowns in Congress know what they are doing, just think the dollar coins with the presidents on that the collectors told them resoundingly we dont want. >>

How about you go an sh#t in somebody else's thread....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And remind me why we need to honor them on the 230th anniversary...

Because we were 30 years late in honoring their 200th anniversary. I hope they forgive us.

Great coin, I cannot wait to receive mine.
  • Options
    XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭
    Ooooooooooooohhhhhh Raaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

1975-1979, E-4, 0351
    3rdMarDiv 9thMarines

• Options
    What a superb coin. The mirrors are so strong, a fitting tribute to the theme behind the coin. I especially like the "In GOD We Trust" so prominently displayed. Nice find. imagematteproof
    Remember Lots Wife
  • Options
    F117ASRF117ASR Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭
    mmmmm...........Frosty...........
    Beware of the flying monkeys!
    Aerospace Structures Engineer
  • Options
    I love it, especiallt that Eagle, Globe and Anchor!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>And remind me why we need to honor them on the 230th anniversary, I would think 200th or 250th would make more sense, but then the clowns in Congress know what they are doing, just think the dollar coins with the presidents on that the collectors told them resoundingly we dont want. >>

How about you go an sh#t in somebody else's thread.... >>

Grumpy and feisty all in one young lady? I like that.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, have these all sold out yet?? I keep expecting it about any time......!!
    ----- kj
  • Options
    I hope mine look as nice as yours. Great coin! What would you grade it?
    Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
  • Options
    Mine was scratched,had to send it backimage
  • Options
    mcmximcmxi Posts: 890
    I want a gold one to match my dress blues...
    If I was half as smart as I am dumb Iwould be a genious
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be one awesome looking design in proof gold.
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Got mine yesterday...stunning!
  • Options
    A nice coin to honor one of our many groups of heroes. These ladies and gentlemen have made and are making great sacrifices for us. An ex-employee, still a friend, is a 30 year veteran. I plan to give one of my coins (supposed to be shipped tomorrow) to him and I plan to send one to an unknown Marine serving in Iraq. Just food for thought for those of you who bought more than one coin.
  • Options
    AgflyerAgflyer Posts: 947 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to send both a proof and an unc to my brother-in-law who is a Marine. I think he'll be thrilled.
    I've had great transactions with people like: drwstr123, CCC2010, AlanLastufka, Type2, Justlooking, zas107, StrikeOutXXX, 10point, 66Tbird, and many more!
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    ooooooooooooooooohh laaaaaaaaaaaa laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too agree that it was great to put IN GOD WE TRUST right in the middle of the mirrors for all to proudly see.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    OK Luce, what's YOUR photographic trick on how to get a black field and white device?!
    USPI minimalist design collage
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set
  • Options
    Thats a nice one Lucy......Its Macho!!
    Collecting cleaned, scratched, scraped, AT and ugly POS coins for over 2 years now!
  • Options

<< <i>OK Luce, what's YOUR photographic trick on how to get a black field and white device?! >>

absolutely nothing..

The coin was shot in a natural sunlit room....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    I may have to get a few proofs bfore the price goes up
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And remind me why we need to honor them on the 230th anniversary, I would think 200th or 250th would make more sense, but then the clowns in Congress know what they are doing, just think the dollar coins with the presidents on that the collectors told them resoundingly we dont want.

How about you go an sh#t in somebody else's thread.....

well, i guess there's nothing that can beat an inappropriate response to a tactless reply. this place just never changes.

since Lucille mistakenly believes this to be her thread, i'll give another answer which might be a bit more amicable.........................the reasoning for issuing the coin now could be tied to our current involvement in Iraq and it could have to do with paying tribute to those who sacrificed in WWII since that generation is passing into memory. also, it's important to remember that at the 200th Anniversary of the Corps, there was no Commemorative program at the U.S. Mint. it may have been logical to do something at 50 years, but they were too obsessed with other things back then.
  • Options

<< <i>And remind me why we need to honor them on the 230th anniversary, I would think 200th or 250th would make more sense, but then the clowns in Congress know what they are doing, just think the dollar coins with the presidents on that the collectors told them resoundingly we dont want.

How about you go an sh#t in somebody else's thread.....

well, i guess there's nothing that can beat an inappropriate response to a tactless reply. this place just never changes.

since Lucille mistakenly believes this to be her thread, i'll give another answer which might be a bit more amicable.........................the reasoning for issuing the coin now could be tied to our current involvement in Iraq and it could have to do with paying tribute to those who sacrificed in WWII since that generation is passing into memory. also, it's important to remember that at the 200th Anniversary of the Corps, there was no Commemorative program at the U.S. Mint. it may have been logical to do something at 50 years, but they were too obsessed with other things back then. >>

Yeah too bad we are all not like you.
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I too agree that it was great to put IN GOD WE TRUST right in the middle of the mirrors for all to proudly see. >>

Over 90% of the people believe in a higher being, so what's the dif??
  • Options
    Yeah too bad we are all not like you.

no, Lucille, it's a good thing we're not all like you. have a nice day and enjoy your coins.
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah too bad we are all not like you.

no, Lucille, it's a good thing we're not all like you. have a nice day and enjoy your coins. >>

A world full of people like Lucille, that is kinda scary....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    wannabe and keets.... what's your problem?

take your negativity elsewhere.
    know what you don't know.

hi, i'm tom.

i do not doctor coins like some who post in here.

• Options

<< <i>wannabe and keets.... what's your problem?

take your negativity elsewhere. >>

I shouldn't have lashed out the way I did... That post came when I was highly highly emotional with the death of my dear sweet Frank.

I have felt many many emotions with this, and have found myself crying, filled with anger, and yet at times very joyful and thankful...

It hasn't been easy.....

Wannabe's post simply came at the wrong time for me......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    hey 13PacesEast

please read my first post and point out the negativity to me. i seem to have missed it. i'll be waiting for your dissertation.
  • Options

<< <i>I want a gold one to match my dress blues... >>

at least the gold would'nt get milk spots like these may.. Sure hope they dont. Beautiful coin!!!!
    Great photo Lucy
  • Options
    there's a ball bouncing and you clearly aren't following it.

"this place never changes" and...
    "since Lucille mistakenly believes this to be her thread, i'll give another answer which might be a bit more amicable" and ...
    "no, Lucille, it's a good thing we're not all like you. have a nice day and enjoy your coins. "

seems pretty negative to me.

Just becaue you have 4 million posts don't come in here and act like you are better than everybody and talk down to people.
    Your attitudes are clearly childish and not needed here.
    Wannabe came in and dumped on what was a feel good thread. What was the point?

So i ask again.... what's your problem?

hi, i'm tom.

• Options
    open your PM function and we'll talk about it.
  • Options
    Everybody play nice !
  • Options
    PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭
    I think this is an outstanding commemorative in proof. The West Point one was a little "busy" for my tastes, but the Marine dollar is right on. That flag raising was one of the 20th Century's greatest photos and an awesome memorial. I remember hearing that several of those Marines that raised the flag were killed within a short time after the raising. Great way to honor all that served.

Joe
    The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image
  • Options

<< <i>I think this is an outstanding commemorative in proof. The West Point one was a little "busy" for my tastes, but the Marine dollar is right on. That flag raising was one of the 20th Century's greatest photos and an awesome memorial. I remember hearing that several of those Marines that raised the flag were killed within a short time after the raising. Great way to honor all that served.

Joe >>

I have several of the stamp and coin sets and I very much want to image the mint state version of this coin, but I don't want to open the sealed sets...

I am anxiously awaiting the mint state coins...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    no. if it's that important... let everyone hear.

otherwise.... game, set , match.

I got my 2 proof last week. Mine has lint on the coin!!! They are going back.

Spots and all those are some darn nice looking coins. My UNC has a "grease" spot/blob on the R in Liberty.

Not sure about keeping it yet.... decisions decisions

Still waiting on the Coin and Stamp Set and the Legacy.

I hope they are better than the ones going back.

hi, i'm tom.

• Options
    Wonder how long before the merchandising arm of one of the grading companines kicks in and we have the "Official" R Lee Emery Mail Call slabs ...
    1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
    Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole
  • Options

<< <i>no, Lucille, it's a good thing we're not all like you. >>

The world can only handle one Lucy.

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    no, Lucille, it's a good thing we're not all like you. have a nice day and enjoy your coins.

Keets, as my Drill Instructor so aptly put it while expressing his concern for my well-being after a particularly grueling day on the parade deck, the obstacle course and in the "pit;" as he leaned over my prostrate frame and gently said, "EAT CHIT AND DIE, MAGGOT!"

P.S. Do you still sell the slab cleaner?

Cartwheel

• Options
    you should really open your PM function, it's a good way to avoid petty squabbles/misunderstandings within a thread which can happen due to the nature of the NetBeast. me and the bopster have already PM'd and patched things as evidenced by her sincere reply(Smooch!). since you're new around here i'll forgive you, but it might help for you to enable that private message function and also the profile icon so others can see who you are.

"this place never changes" and...
    an extended period of time spent here will explain this comment nicely.
    "since Lucille mistakenly believes this to be her thread, i'll give another answer which might be a bit more amicable" and ...
    Lucille seems to have explained things better than i can.
    "no, Lucille, it's a good thing we're not all like you. have a nice day and enjoy your coins. "
    you'll please excuse me for responding in kind.

you need to understand that some of us know each other and oftentimes make comments in a fashion which is understood, especially those with experience interacting with the PM function and countless thread replies. at other times, things get garbled as seems to be the case here. if it suits your purpose to believe you have "won" something here, i guess that's OK. my advice, if you care to hear it, is to be a bit more laid back as a newbie, it's a period we each go through. coming on board and displaying agression probably won't endear you to some members.

you may care about that, maybe not, but i think it's worth considering.

al h.
  • Options
    what does "newbie" have to do with the price of milk in Japan?
    You think this is the only forum i've ever read or posted on?

I don't "need to understand" anything. If you are having to PM to patch up your differences.... well where there is smoke there is fire. I stand by my last post directed at you.
    With "friends" like you who needs enemies?

Nothing got garbled. Wannabe was being an arse. Lucy called him on it.
    You started being as arse. You got called on it.

I don't need to PM anything to anyone. I said it here.
    I don't need to be laidback about anything. You got called to the mat for being a jerk and you didn't like it.
    Get over it.

And do you really think i care what ANYONE on a forum thinks about me? I come on here to read and learn.
    Put me on ignore if you don't wanna hear it. I won't put you on ignore. I like hearing it.

Don't come on hear and act holier than thou. It might not endear you to some of the members.

you may care about that, maybe not, but i think it's worth considering.

hi, i'm tom.

• Options

<< <i>what does "newbie" have to do with the price of milk in Japan?
    You think this is the only forum i've ever read or posted on?

I don't "need to understand" anything. If you are having to PM to patch up your differences.... well where there is smoke there is fire. I stand by my last post directed at you.
    With "friends" like you who needs enemies?

Nothing got garbled. Wannabe was being an arse. Lucy called him on it.
    You started being as arse. You got called on it.

I don't need to PM anything to anyone. I said it here.
    I don't need to be laidback about anything. You got called to the mat for being a jerk and you didn't like it.
    Get over it.

And do you really think i care what ANYONE on a forum thinks about me? I come on here to read and learn.
    Put me on ignore if you don't wanna hear it. I won't put you on ignore. I like hearing it.

Don't come on hear and act holier than thou. It might not endear you to some of the members.

you may care about that, maybe not, but i think it's worth considering. >>

I needed a happy thread for myself in the worst way after franks passing... And when the Marine coin came it did make me happy.
    I did take wannabe's post as very negative and I lashed out... Under normal circumstances I would have ignored this type of remark, as I have many times in the past... It truely came at a terrible time for me. Everbody here is free to post their opinions and give their input, but I do wish wannabe would have not made that remark, because I didnt need it, rather, he should have let me be happy with my crappy ol Mint issued Marine coin....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file