Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Lets compile a list of the BEST ebay sellers. PLEASE read and participate.

PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭
Throw the names of folks you trust, and have PERSONALLY had good experience with in this post. Note what type of coin they tend to specialize in. (Early dollars, buff nickels, toners, proof sets, etc) and what kind of stuff you have purchased from them, and what kind of experience you had. Also, if you know it, post the average cost of coins you know them to sell frequently.

We'll keep the post alive for a week or so - and then I'll compile all the names into an organzied fashion by what they sell, and if it makes sense, by price range.

I'll repost with the table on the forum, and make an excel sheet available to anyone that wants it.

I think its a good idea - and it can be my forum good deed for the week.

NOTE: Do NOT add your own name. Let someone else add you.

NOTE TWO: IF you wish to second someones opinion, please note that in your post, I'll keep track of those too.

Edited to add note three: Just in case it wasn't obvious, you dont have to only name board members who sell on Ebay. I want board member opinions of ANYONE who sells coins on ebay.

Comments

• Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Me - me pick me!
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Me - me pick me! >>

I 2nd that!

Me - me pick me!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    I'll start.

I'm going to say MBcoins should be on the list. I bought a gorgeous 25 peace dollar pastel toned from him. He seems to sell mid level certified stuff - a bit of everything, but my favorite part about him was how accurate his images were!

(this is a good example of the kind of post)
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darin-5... BigD5 over here
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    Definitly Darin5 image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonelover

and

JDimmick

both come to mind almost immediately when they have material for sale ... I have had pleasant experiences with both, and both are good standing board members here

I also think Jeremy should be on there, although I can't remember his eBay name and haven't had the pleasure ... yet

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    Don't listen to them, pick me! I just started selling, and it's a closely held secret that I'm already the best!

I'm not sure it will be such a good deed to anyone who gets left out, since so many on here sell. By default, you'll likely get the most voluminous. Your definition of best may not be someone else's. This is reminiscent of your "my fav forumites" list.
    JMO.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295

<< <i>Don't listen to them, pick me! I just started selling, and it's a closely held secret that I'm already the best!

I'm not sure it will be such a good deed to anyone who gets left out, since so many on here sell. By default, you'll likely get the most voluminous. Your definition of best may not be someone else's. This is reminiscent of your "my fav forumites" list.
    JMO. >>

• Options

<< <i>Don't listen to them, pick me! I just started selling, and it's a closely held secret that I'm already the best!

JMO. >>

Not really. That was a statement of my own opinion. This is a compilation of the board as a whole's experiences on the minefield we all call ebay. If we can make one somewhat comprehensive list of good clean, honest ebay sellers, I think it can do almost everyone some good. As for people getting left out - I'm not asking for a list of just board members that sell on ebay, but board member opinions of ANYONE that sells coins on ebay. If any board member gets left out, could be someone just forgot them (mistakes happen) or maybe they didnt belong on the list anyway. Could be any number of reasons. But the people that are stand out good ebay sellers, SHOULD make it on to our list. It's no different than a bunch of people telling of their good experiences with Pinnacle, or ANR, or anyone else. It's supposed to be an informative tool that I thought people might find useful and/or want to participate in - not a "lets make sure no one gets offended or their feelings hurt" list. If you don't want to add, don't.
  • Options
    Duane of Duvalgold for Saints or anything gold.All his coins have good eye appeal and are very true to the grade I bought quite a few in NGC holders and all crossed to PCGS.Very fair dealer.
    GTS
  • Options
    morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    There was a guy on YAHOO auctions years ago who I have also seen on Ebay. he goes by Ronknappronald. The capitalization in or spelling of his name might not be perfect. In any event, I always got very conservatively graded Morgans on time and as described (but a bit better). I have not seen him i a while, but if I did, I would Ebay cyberstalk him so I would always know what/when he had for sale.
    I collect circulated U.S. silver
  • Options
    Erscoin. No one on Ebay, is better than this gentleman. Mostly Dollars.

VeryPQ. Stuppler is a good choice for better Dollars.

Manofcoins. Very high end Wash Quarters.

• Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    BigD5
    Tonlover
    Greattoning
  • Options
    Purple73Purple73 Posts: 2,016
    TUMUSS-----Specializes in weird/funny sigline pictures and a few coins.
    slrw---- this lady deals in Morgan dollars and ocassionally has a "lots" of coins.
    Madmarty------Um, we know what he collects,sells
    Ogem(Darktone)
    New Seller: ReallySkippy: His name is Phil. I've bought from him twice. Good shipping cost and excellent communication. He deals Paper money, coins and some odds and ends items.

PURPLE!

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget my personal hero!

Russ-Compucheap
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    BigD5
    Tonlover
    Greattoning
    TUMUSS
    Outletcoins (yahoo) who is also ladsales on Ebay
    Mardmarty
    Compucheap (Russ)
    VeryPQ

.....I know there are others out there as well!!!
  • Options
    busco69busco69 Posts: 815 ✭✭
    numismagician Nice guy also a reg on the ebay coin board.
    ''Coin collecting is the only hobby where you can spend all your money and still have some left''
  • Options
    How do you look up coins for sale by the people listed? I tried clicking on the box at the left by picking "Items from seller" and putting in some of the names but they all came back with no listings and that can't be right.
    Live like you were dying.
    -------------------------------
    Bridget
    ----------
    (My beautiful children!!)
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Everyone listed thus far, plus:

carlwohlforth
    colorfulcoins
    gmarguli
    jamesandlam
    manofcoins
    mnmcoin
    onlyroosies
    peacockcoins
    wayneherndon
  • Options
    I've looked at mnmcoin's auctions, but never actually bought anything from him before. Though I do hear his pics are accurate. Plus he's from my hometown.

Does anyone know if his pictures really are accurate?
  • Options
    HeywoodHeywood Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭
    Russ
    Carl
    Cam (When he was active)
    Lucy- (Also on BST)

A witty saying proves nothing- Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor

does the truth become error because nobody will see it. -Mohandas K. Gandhi (1869-1948)
  • Options
    DJCDJC Posts: 787

<< <i>Darin-5... BigD5 over here >>

Another vote for Darin-5!
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭

<< <i>I've looked at mnmcoin's auctions, but never actually bought anything from him before. Though I do hear his pics are accurate. Plus he's from my hometown.

Does anyone know if his pictures really are accurate? >>

yes

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file