Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

superb amazing!! toned gem mintstate pilgrim!!

the lustre is blazing which the photo doesnot capture and the monster rainbow toning is not clearly seen

but it is a blast coin with the rainbow toned rims on the obverse completely encirciling the rims with monster blazing lustre and the reverse is darker.

this is really rare for a pilgrim as usually the coins are totally dipped blast white or brownish/yellowish and sometimes greenish toning

there are NO clash marks in the upper masts on the reverse as usually seen and the nose on the obverse doesnot have the die gouges!!

this coin is in an eastern collection
and is not being solicited for sale as are none of the other coins that i have ever posted on here contrary to rumor.........lol

i mean as unbelieveable as it sounds there are people on here that really like coins and do not try to sell overpriced stuff way overpriced stuff in holders to others and then refure to buy it back or make a market in it even at 10 to 40 cents on the dollar for what their buyers originally paid!!

i mean cant someone on here just post a coin that appeals to them and share it with others and all the nuances of the particiular coin so that others might maybe learn something or at the very least make them think? without some thinking you are just trying to make a buck........lol i guess not!

not every post on here is about hype, trying to make money, the bottom line..........lol

maybe lots are but that does not mean all are.....lol i mean nothing wrong with hypeing selling your stuff!!

i can certainly see why many great coin people have left these boards never to return!

dont you just love rumors! and i have seen this coin in person and the above is my opinion on the coin!

sincerely michael

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for posting this coin Michael,

It has very beautiful toning! I think that the luster is evident in spite of the scan. Plus the coin looks super clean!

I'm glad that you post without the bottom line involved. Keep 'em comming.

Old Cameo
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    thanks old cameo.......... mike!!!!!!!!!! you are a good egg and i see from you that there are great coin people out there!
    thanks for the always sincere, great comments
    and especially so your intergrity on the forums and in your pm's to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sincerely michael
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    How much are you selling it for? image

My real question is what grade is it a 67?
  • Options
    GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
    A gorgeous coin Michael with blast luster and colorful peripheral toning....
    If I can't buy it can I rent it for a while? image
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    I think I saw this coin at an auction recently. Or at least one that was remarkably similar. Really pretty. The Pilgrim has always been one of my favorite commems.
  • Options
    That's some beautiful obv. target toning (term?). It looks like the lower part is red or blue. For my tastes, the toning is PERFECT. I really like it. Thanks for the post, and, in case you didn't hear it before, keep them coming! image
    "Buy the coin, not the holder"

Proof Dime Registry Set
  • Options
    TrimeTrime Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭
    Another great coin from Sir Michael. The luster on this coin shows remarkably well on my screen. This is about as pretty as I have seen this coin get!
    Thanks again.
    Trime
  • Options

<< <i>i mean cant someone on here just post a coin that appeals to them and share it with others and all the nuances of the particiular coin so that others might maybe learn something or at the very least make them think? without some thinking you are just trying to make a buck....... >>

I have always thought that when you share a coin with us Michael, it comes from the purest motivation. You share the excitment you feel, you educate, and you provide the opportunity to see coins a lot of people would never get a chance to see. I thank you for that, and always look forward to your posts.

<< <i>i can certainly see why many great coin people have left these boards never to return! >>

This bothers me deeply. But, I know that you are right. I will leave you with a quote that I used to keep taped to my typewriter long ago: "All good things in this world stand on the razor's edge of danger, and must be fought for."
    Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    hi there placid.......lol this coin resides in a 65 holder

thanks gemini!!!!!!!!!! masta hanky this coin was not in the auction you saw recently and thanks for your great comment!!!!!!!!!!! SEE BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL COMMENTS

goyankeez this is target toning also known as bullseye tonigg you are absolutely right

thanks for the great comment trime!

clankeye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really apprecaited your thoughts and you put it very well!!!!!!!! in fact superb and i totally agree with you i am happy you said waHT YOU did i learned something today that if i might have known it i could not have put it into words like you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks!!

THIS COIN IS REALLY A 67 COIN OR AT WORST CASE SCENRIO A LOCK 66 LAND IF IN A 66 HOLDER A 66.99!!!!!!!!!!!IT WAS BOUGHT RAW OUT OF A FANTASTIC COLLECTION OF TONED COMMEMS BY A MAJOR DEALER IN COMMEMS LIKE 6? YEARS AGO PUT TOGETHER BY A DOCTOR

FOR CLOSE TO 1700.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE DEALER SUBMITTED THIS COIN TO PCGS OVER THE NEXT TWO YEAR PERIOD ABOUT 9 TIMES FOR A 66/67 GRADE WHICH MIND YOU IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT KEPT COMING BACK AS A 65!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO I GUESS HERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!! STILL IN A 65 HOLDER

THIS COIN IS WORTH SUBSTANCIALLY MORE OUT OF THE HOLDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sincerely michael

• Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    Clankeye,

Don't kid yourself by saying "I have always thought that when you share a coin with us Michael, it comes from the purest motivation. You share the excitment you feel, you educate, and you provide the opportunity to see coins a lot of people would never get a chance to see. I thank you for that, and always look forward to your posts."

He's been selling those coins to me for about 100X sheet and is purely $ driven!image
    edited: Just kidding
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Personally, I'm happy to see the coins. Especially the really eye-popping ones. If the person is promoting them a bit, who cares -- it's a great coin! If the person is sharing out of the coolness of coins, even better! Either way, if it's a cool coin it is a cool coin!
  • Options
    thansk guys and mark..........lol you guys are the best

sincerely michAEL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file