Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I need your or PCGS' help

BodinBodin Posts: 998 ✭✭✭
Maybe I'm just tired from my wife's sleepless nights, but I would love to have a PCGS UNC Details sticker from 2015 to put on my soon-to-be baby's onesie. It'd be a fun photo.
Anybody have one? He is due in the next week or so.
Thank you!

.....yeah, I'm tired

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats...tired has not really begun yet!
  • Options
    BustCudsBustCuds Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Congrats, life is over as you knew it image
  • Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an 1881 S (Morgan) Unc Details Machine Damage insert from a crack out. How's that?
    If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Barber Dime variety unc details.
  • Options

<< <i>I have an 1881 S (Morgan) Unc Details Machine Damage insert from a crack out. How's that? >>

Thank you, but as Lincoln(my son's name) will be born in 2015, I wanted to try to acquire a 2015 UNC details tab
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool about your baby and I miss those days, but am also quite happy our time is being spent planning weddings rather than changing diapers.

It is going to be a tall order getting a details label with a 2015 coin date on it. How many 2015 coins are sent in first of all, and then in such bad shape they get details graded. Am I understanding your request right?

Cheers!
  • Options

<< <i>Cool about your baby and I miss those days, but am also quite happy our time is being spent planning weddings rather than changing diapers.

It is going to be a tall order getting a details label with a 2015 coin date on it. How many 2015 coins are sent in first of all, and then in such bad shape they get details graded. Am I understanding your request right?

Cheers! >>

Yes, and that is why I also asked for PCGS to maybe help......even though that would be something they won't do.
    Just thought I'd try.
  • Options
    scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bodin, if you have a bit of time left, why not make one yourself? Yeah it'll cost $30 bucks or so, but it'd be pretty funny. Just scrub up a 2015 coin (lincoln of course) and send it in for grading. No need for the registered mail. Or maybe someone can let you piggyback on a submission...
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have some other Lincolns you could use the current qtr special and it would be almost free.
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats and like others have said, put a nice scratch across a new Lincoln or something.

I have my first due in a few weeks too and at 44 yrs old I think I'm in for it.
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have my first due in a few weeks too and at 44 yrs old I think I'm in for it. >>

Look on the bright side. When he/she gets out of college, you will be darn close to full retirement age, and trust me, you will need it! (Of course you will also be broke so maybe this is not as good as I thought.)
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could just design a onesie online yourself. I made one for my sister-in-law when her first baby was born. I don't recall the website but Im sure you could google it easily.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on your impending addition to the family.... I like the idea of submitting a coin for the label, then you could always paste the picture of the baby (cut to fit) over the coin in the holder...would make a great keepsake... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd shoot a quick PM or email to one of the PCGS reps on the board (Like authors of the two stickied threads at the top) and see if you can get some help...or do some cut and pasting from some online images and make your own self-printed onesie. That'd be cool. 2015 Lincoln MS70 First Strike image

Edit: Or if born a few days premature..."Early Release".
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    you could take a 2015 lincoln and scratch some detail in so it will be a...
    "unc details...tooled"
    if ya want your kid referred to as being "tooled" image
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not perfect...but not terrible either. image

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! image

Now don't be so tough on yourself as many times you see Details Graded parents who somehow made a MS70 child...

Then again there might have been a mix-up & they took home the wrong baby?

imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should spend the extra $18 for a First Strike™ label. You'll have until a month after delivery.
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You should spend the extra $18 for a First Strike™ label. You'll have until a month after delivery. >>

Best post of the day. image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    You could always submit a 2015 1c with a scratch on it.
    Paul
  • Options
    You could submit a 2015 1c with a scratch on it.
    Paul
  • Options
    You could submit a 2015 1c with a scratch on it.
    Paul
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,484 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have an 1881 S (Morgan) Unc Details Machine Damage insert from a crack out. How's that? >>

Thank you, but as Lincoln(my son's name) will be born in 2015, I wanted to try to acquire a 2015 UNC details tab >>

Charlie, go to the bank, get a 2015 Lincoln cent or two, take a chunk out of the rim or slightly tap a nain into Lincolns cheek, then subm9it it asking for Uncirculated Details grading.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,484 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Congrats and like others have said, put a nice scratch across a new Lincoln or something.

I have my first due in a few weeks too and at 44 yrs old I think I'm in for it. >>

UGH! A scratch??
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file