Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Person #5 on Phone with E-Bay !!

Morning,

So I'm on the phone now for about 40 minutes, been transfered 5 times now. As usual it is about listing duplicate violations. Got this E-Mail last night ;

Dear thedutymon

Your account has been temporarily restricted because of a recent policy violation. You won't be able to list new items for three days. You're also not allowed to register a new account during this time.

Please be assured that your account has *not* been suspended. At this time, you still have full account access. You can continue to:
- Send email
- Obtain shipping addresses
- Leave Feedback
- Perform other administrative tasks

Your account will no longer be restricted after three days.

However, please be aware that any additional violations of this policy could result in the suspension of your account. Once eBay suspends an account, the member no longer has any account access. In addition, all active listings are canceled, and members who placed bids on those listings are notified.

If you have any further questions, please review the notice that was previously sent to you about this restriction.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

Second E-Mail:

Dear thedutymon (neilandcami@q.com),

We recently removed a number of your listings because they violated the Duplicate items policy. The items listed below are just a sample of those that were removed. To see the full list, please go to My eBay, click the Activity tab, and then click the Unsold link under the Sell heading.

200691292518 - 1930's Exhibit Supply Very Risque Girly Card Blue Tint Hi Grade #3
200642345466 - Rare 1960 L M Becker Elephant Jokes Card # 40 Pristine #0036
140494113791 - 1963 Rosan Terror Monster Purple Card # 109 PSA NM-MT 8 #0057
200691292629 - 1930's Exhibit Supply Very Risque Girly Card Blue Tint Hi Grade #4
200558321880 - 1963 Rosan Terror Monster Purple Card # 101 PSA NM-MT 8 #0051
200558328481 - 1963 Rosan Terror Monster Purple Card # 129 PSA NM-MT 8 #0064

Needless to say, none of the listings are Duplicates and they can't even be consistent in their punishmnet, it those were in violation, then dozens of others from the same sets are as well.

Unfortunately, we had to remove these listings because they were duplicates of the following active listings on your eBay account:

Please use the following information to ensure you are following this policy:

When they removed a bunch of listings 3-4 weeks ago I spent hours adding Inventory numbers per their instructions. Today I am being told even with Inventory numbers if there are more than three items from the same set then they will be viewed as duplicate listings and removed.

God Please Grant me the ability to reach through the phone and strangle someone....PLEASE.................

Neil

Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    brutal, are you talking to the US call center?
  • Options
    ebay customer service sucks.
  • Options
    onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭

<< <i>ebay customer service sucks. >>

+1
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    I'm not saying this makes sense but this is what Ebay is seeing.

Your titles, pictures, and listings can be confusing to an Ebay person who doesn't understand what you're selling.
    You're using the same picture for multiple listings and the titles in many cases are not that different and somewhat confusing. Maybe even more confusing now with trying to make them look unique to Ebay by adding inventory numbers.

You run 9 Elephant Joke listings from the same picture and all have set of 50 in the title. The inventory number isn't convincing them the card is unique especially when picture is used for 8 other listings and all have set of 50 in title. You take the time to put the name of the card in the description and it should go in the title to make the listing unique.

Was.
    Rare 1960 L M Becker Elephant Jokes Card # 41 Pristine #0037 Set of 50
    Change to the following and us a unique picture showing only that card.
    1960 L M Becker Elephant Jokes #41 Who Started Elephant Jokes NM-MT

The same on your Rosan, running 4 listings from each picture.
    1963 Rosan Terror Monster Purple Card # 100 PSA NM-MT 8 #0050 Set 66
    Change to the following and use unique picture.
    1963 Rosan Terror Monster Purple #100 Goliath and Dragon PSA NM-MT 8

On your Exhibit Girly cards you need to scrap selling singles if you can't differentiate them any better. Blond Standing, Seated, Facing Left, etc. Consider lotting them into 4 different if you can't figure out how to checklist them to make them unique. Again, one unique picture per listing.
    1930's Exhibit Supply Very Risque Girly Card Blue Tint Hi Grade #1
    1930's Exhibit Supply Very Risque Girly Card Blue Tint Hi Grade #2
    1930's Exhibit Supply Very Risque Girly Card Blue Tint Hi Grade #3
    1930's Exhibit Supply Very Risque Girly Card Blue Tint Hi Grade #4

• Options
    Morning,

All good points kbcards, right now I understand what the problem is, my frustration is with the moving of the Goal line every time I talk to them and the fact that you can look up 1985 Topps Basball Card or whatever and find hundreds of Sellers selling 10's of thousands of singles with no differentiation except the Card number! But mine are in violation, I mean they can't even get thier own Policy straight, I talked to 5 different people today and was given different answers and solutions from each. If you can't even define what the issue is, how the FrICK am I supposed to supply the solution.

I can do everything you suggest and two weeks from now it will be a different group of 10, 20, 30 listings with different issues, violating their Dup Policy, only next time they tell me I'm gone!

Neil

Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Are you using the same picture for each listing?
  • Options

<< <i>Are you using the same picture for each listing? >>

4 Cards per scan for PSA Graded with "Buying Only the Card in title" in description of Card + Number in Title + Card Number & Name in description, same with some Raw, have figured out cannot use same multi card scan for raw, but as stated, historically with E-Bay's solutions come more rules. I was told three different reasons why my items were pulled, by 5 different A$$clowns this morning.

Neil
  • Options
    I am pretty sure they are getting pulled because you are using the same picture. I once had the same card but different conditions listed and mistakenly used one scan instead of different scans. They pulled it. I think they have some kind of software that checks for identical photos.
  • Options

<< <i>I am pretty sure they are getting pulled because you are using the same picture. I once had the same card but different conditions listed and mistakenly used one scan instead of different scans. They pulled it. I think they have some kind of software that checks for identical photos. >>

Morning,

Sounds logical, but then why aren't 4SC and the thousands of others who use the same scan of 4 graded cards for 4 different listings, getting theirs pulled?

Neil
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474

<< <i>

<< <i>I am pretty sure they are getting pulled because you are using the same picture. I once had the same card but different conditions listed and mistakenly used one scan instead of different scans. They pulled it. I think they have some kind of software that checks for identical photos. >>

Morning,

Sounds logical, but then why aren't 4SC and the thousands of others who use the same scan of 4 graded cards for 4 different listings, getting theirs pulled?

Neil >>

do you use a hosting service for pictures and insert a link into your auctions? or do you use ebay picture services?
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options

<< <i>

Morning,

Neil >>

I'm not sure. For me, I've always made a separate scan for each item I list. Takes a little longer but it cuts down on any possible confusion and I think buyers like it better.
  • Options

Because they're selling cards that are easier to identify as unique based on the title. An Exhibit baseball card might have a different year, different name, and pose. This is all identified in the title and there's no issue with the listing being the same. If you use the same picture for these 4 listings, you're going to have a problem. There's not enough there for Ebay to "easily" see them as different.
    1930's Exhibit Supply Very Risque Girly Card Blue Tint Hi Grade #1
    1930's Exhibit Supply Very Risque Girly Card Blue Tint Hi Grade #2
    1930's Exhibit Supply Very Risque Girly Card Blue Tint Hi Grade #3
    1930's Exhibit Supply Very Risque Girly Card Blue Tint Hi Grade #4
  • Options
    they removed 3,000 of my items once for dupe listing...all were proofs and differed , cyan , magenta, etc, but we had the same title so they took them down...

its an uphill fight, a computer takes them down...I gave them 25K in month fees and it doesn't make much of a difference...
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    Afternoon,

Just went through and ended about 400 of my listings that could somehow be construed by E-Bay as Dup listings (Using their criteria and kbcards input) until I can get around to fixing them. Thats about 20+% of my inventory and will take hours to change all of them with new scans ect. A drop in the bucket to somebody like Rick, but a real crimp in my Business. And will cost me an extra $20 bucks to Re-List them once I fix them.

Just more nickel and dime'n like they do best. Have 250 ending tomorrow night that I used one of my Fixed price Good til Cancelled Listings and they changed the duration to 7 days and I didn't catch it when I listed them last week, so I get to pay another $12.50 to relist them tomorrow night.

What a wonderful way to do Business!!!!!!!!

Neil
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Afternoon,

Just went through and ended about 400 of my listings that could somehow be construed by E-Bay as Dup listings (Using their criteria and kbcards input) until I can get around to fixing them. Thats about 20+% of my inventory and will take hours to change all of them with new scans ect. A drop in the bucket to somebody like Rick, but a real crimp in my Business. And will cost me an extra $20 bucks to Re-List them once I fix them.

Just more nickel and dime'n like they do best. Have 250 ending tomorrow night that I used one of my Fixed price Good til Cancelled Listings and they changed the duration to 7 days and I didn't catch it when I listed them last week, so I get to pay another $12.50 to relist them tomorrow night.

What a wonderful way to do Business!!!!!!!!

Neil >>

I thought you were quitting Ebay and moving to bidstart?
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I hope he doesn't, these threads are entertaining...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    He should consider a Twitter account.
  • Options
    If bidstart were an Ebay listing it would fail to get an opening bid.
  • Options

<< <i>

I thought you were quitting Ebay and moving to bidstart? >>

Did some research and actually think I'm going to give ecrater and ebid a try first, but won't close my E-Bay Store (Unless they do it for me) until I'm up and running.

But thanks for your concern Boo, always nice to hear from you........Not !!!

Have a Great Day, always a pleasure when you bring your condensending or negative reply's to a thread !

Thanks

Neil
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Did some research and actually think I'm going to give ecrater and ebid a try first, but won't close my E-Bay Store (Unless they do it for me) until I'm up and running.

Have a Great Day, always a pleasure when you bring your condensending or negative reply's to a thread !

Thanks

Neil >>

What are you talking about? You have another thread where you said you were done with Ebay. I was just wondering if I had misread the title.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thanks

Neil >>

What are you talking about? You have another thread where you said you were done with Ebay. I was just wondering if I had misread the title. >>

Well the last few of times you replied to something I put in a thread it wasn't in a positive way, so if this time was meant the way you claim, then I stand corrected. My apology!

Neil
  • Options
    It's not just customer service that sucks....Ebay period sucks, at least when it comes to sportscards.
  • Options
    I'm starting to get the slightest hint of a feeling that maybe selling on EBay just isn't for you.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options

<< <i>He should consider a Twitter account. >>

I really am sorry for your EBay troubles, it does really stink. That's why I stopped selling there, not worth the hassle.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"