Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question for experienced ebay sellers...

Quick, and I think simple, question for ebay sellers. I'm new to selling and I'm sure this situation is common.

I have a guy that won 13 of my auctions (cheap raw stuff around $250 total). He has not paid in 7 days and is not responding to messages. If I file a non-payment claim with ebay, is this gonna piss him off and risk him giving me negative feedback? Should I just offer second chance offers to underbidder? Do I just re-list it? I don't really care if he buys the stuff or not, I'm just trying to get rid of it and most importantly avoid negative feedback as I try to build a reputation. FYI, the guy has feedback around 150, all positive.

jbox

Comments

• Options
    File the claim for each item.

If he has not responded to your messages, he will respond to the open claims. Some people don't feel oblogated to respond to messages any, they will to these. Payment is usually received within 24 hours.

Dave
  • Options
    I'd send him a message first asking when he plans on paying. I always include the line,"Please get in touch with me within the next 2 days or I will be forced to open an upaid item case." Sometime buyers simply forget to pay for auctions they have won. Also check his feedback to see if he's purchased and left feedback for items after the sale date of the one's he purchased from you. That should give you a better idea if he's simply not going to pay or if there is another reason for non-payment.
  • Options
    I buy lots of stuff on eBay. A negative from a non-paying buyer never, ever bothers me. Don't worry about the neg. When I see multiple negatives spread out over several months, I avoid bidding as these are the true scammers. They will do many, many good deals and then scam someone and that's their profit. For your immediate problem, it sounds like the guy got buyers remorse. I would tend to re-list at some point. The less I deal with eBay staffers, the happier I am.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say file the claim. I have had a few times where no response to emails, invoices but the claim gets their attention and the funds hit your PayPal almost imediately.

• Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I say file the claim. I have had a few times where no response to emails, invoices but the claim gets their attention and the funds hit your PayPal almost imediately. >>

Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    If he does not pay but gives you negative feedback you can fight the feedback and it will be removed once he cannot prove he has paid.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    the funny thing is, he doesn't respond to your messages...

but once you file the claim he will respond...

so, I say file the claim asap...

good luck...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most take the vacation week at the end of August but some do it the week of Labor Day. And who knows if he is on vacation or not...but in any event, here's what I would do...send a "second invoice" to him on Monday, and it he doesn't pay by Friday or next Monday, then yes, file the non paying bidder thing. With 150 feedback, especially if it is recent, I'd say the chances are still fairly good that he will pay.
  • Options
    jboxjbox Posts: 408 ✭✭
    Filed claim = instapay!!!

Thanks again guys!

jbox
  • Options
    Filed claim = instapay!!!

LOL, it usually works that way. A lot of time, they're just lazy.
    BTW Jason, make sure you send the stuff out with delivery confirmation.
    This guy sounds goofy and you don't want any problems.

Also, if it's $250 or more, you MUST send it with signature confirmation per Paypal's
    policy/rule regardless if it shows delivered. Otherwise he'll file a claim and you will lose.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully you combined all those wins into one invoice.

Glad to hear it was resolved.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    jboxjbox Posts: 408 ✭✭

<< <i>Filed claim = instapay!!!

LOL, it usually works that way. A lot of time, they're just lazy.
    BTW Jason, make sure you send the stuff out with delivery confirmation.
    This guy sounds goofy and you don't want any problems.

Also, if it's $250 or more, you MUST send it with signature confirmation per Paypal's
    policy/rule regardless if it shows delivered. Otherwise he'll file a claim and you will lose. >>

Thanks Bryan, I did not know that!