Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

My autographed Wrestling All Stars 90 of 108 so far, added Jimmy Valiant

I began collecting some of the HOF'ers from this set for my signed rookie card collection, but decided that the whole set was small enough that I'd try to tackle it. Many of the wrestlers died a lot younger then the average person, so it's kind of a hard set to collect. There are 36 cards in 1982 Series A, and I have 33 0f the 36 autographed so far. I still need Mil Mascaras (just missed an opportunity a couple months ago), Dick the Bruiser, and Dick Murdoch. I always tease Rob (the WrestlingCardKing) that he needs to put his pics up of his, so I'm "walking the walk" and putting up mine. It's a great, little set, chock full of Hall of Famers and superstars.

Andre the Giant
Hulk Hogan (signed in Green Bay a couple weeks ago)
Mil Mascaras (still need, missed an opportunity a couple months ago)
Ted DiBiase
The Junkyard Dog
Dusty Rhodes
Jack Brisco
Harley Race
Dory Funk Jr.
Terry Funk
Nick Bockwinkel
Bob Backlund
Bruno Sammartino
Pedro Morales
Don Muraco
Bill Dundee
Steve Olsonoski
Tommy Rich
Angelo Mosca
Bruiser Brody
The Fabolous Moolah
Wahoo McDaniel
Billy Robinson
Ivan Koloff
Tony Atlas
Pat Patterson
Ric Flair
Ivan Putski
Dick Murdoch (still need this one)
The Crusher
Ken Patera (just noticed the hair, I need to rescan, but I promise, it's from the head on my neck image )
Ernie Ladd
Dick the Bruiser (still need this one)
Jerry Lawler
Cowboy Bill Watts
The Destroyer

Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow you are blowing my mind.

This is awesome!!!

One day soon people will understand how tuff this is.

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Mike,

Thanks for the pics. I enjoyed watching wrestling when I was younger. Some of those cards brought back good memories. Back in the late 70s Ivan Putski was AMAZING!

POLISH POWER!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, now I am going to have to put up mine....you shamed me!!! :-)
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
    Put them up Rob!

We can't have too many Wrestling All Stars cards on here!
    Those are practically mine, I counted 22 of the Navarro's collection coming from me over several months plus the raw Ric Flair. That was a lot of fun to see the scans of those old cards. It will be good to show the autographs that I chose to keep! Great collection.

Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
    Someone had to own them first!

The Hogan signing in CA got post poned until June 22nd so it will be a while until I get my first signed card of the Wrestling All Stars.

Oh No, I have a Hogan there and did not know of the postponement.
    He was out there promoting some new video game and I guess his back hurt. I would rather him sign them when he is more interested. I have 9 cards out there in a group sub. I am really looking forward to getting them back in PSA DNA holders. I plan to give an 85 Topps to both of my brothers for a Christmas present and then keep the rest for me.

• thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Yep, Rob has been enabling my addiction the last few months and slowly draining my pocketbook along the way, LOL

<< <i> until I get my first signed card of the Wrestling All Stars. >>

it's like eating potato chips, you can't stop at just one
    I'm also working on Series B. Not nearly as far progress as Series A, but I'm getting there. I have 17 of the 36 autographed so far.

Rick Martel
    Tony Garea (still need this one)

Bob Roop
    Greg Gagne
    Jim Brunzell
    Jay Strongbow
    Kerry Von Erich (PSA/DNA authenticated)
    SD Jones (still need this one)

Brad Rheingans

Killer Kahn (still need this one)

Ricky Steamboat
    Paul Orndorff
    Tito Santana
    Sergeant Slaughter (still need this one)

Vern Gagne (still need this one0

Bobby Heenan (still need this one)

Jerry Blackwell (still need this one)

Les Thornton (still need this one)

Adrian Adonis (still need this one)

Jesse Ventura (still need this one)

Buck Zum Hofe
    Jimmy Valiant (still need this one)

Steve Keirn
    Ray Stevens (still need this one)

The iron Sheik
    Mr. Wrestling II (still need this one)

Col. Buck Robley (still need this one)

Bobby Duncum (still need this one)

Mike George (still need this one)

Dino Bravo (still need this one)

Baron Von Raschke
    Bobo Brazil (still need this one)

Greg Valentine
    Joyce Grable
    Sweet Brown Sugar
    Dutch Mantell
    You have two of the grand daddy's with the Andre and the Kerry Von Erich!!!

Those two are awesome!!!

The Kerry Von Erich card will be the most expensive card in the second set one day.

I counted 11 of the 16 that are similar to me...(passing through my hands)...great stuff.

My Jim Brunzell autos seem a bit different than yours......
    Here's 1983 Series A. I have 23 of the 36 so far.

Superstar Billy Graham
    Tiger Mask
    Sheik El Kaissey
    Sgt. Jacque Goulet
    Curt Hennig
    Tully Blanchard
    Jimmy Snuka
    Gino Hernandez
    Lou Thesz
    Hacksay Jim Duggan
    Mr. Olympia (still need this one)
    Iron Mark Sharpe
    Jimmy Hart
    Spike Huber (still need this one)
    Steve Regal
    Buddy Rogers (still need this one)
    Jules Strongbow (still need this one)
    Salvatore Bellomo
    Bob Sweetan (still need this one)
    Scott Casey
    The Grappler (still need this one)
    Big John Studd
    Buddy Rose (still need this one)
    Rocky Johnson
    Jake Roberts
    The Super Destroyer (still need this one)
    Antonio Inoki (still need this one)
    Dick Slater
    Ken Lucas (still need this one)
    Ricky Morton
    Fred Blassie
    Lou Albano
    The Grand Wizard (still need this one)
    Candi Divine
    Austin Idol (still need this one)
    Matt Borne
    Keep them coming Mike!!!

Got to love that Fredie Blassie!!! That has got to be a real tough one!

<< <i>Keep them coming Mike!!!

Got to love that Fredie Blassie!!! That has got to be a real tough one! >>

Hopefully Rob will throw his pics up now. Would be cool to see some of the ones I'm missing.

Just listed one of my Hulk Hogan 1982 Wrestling All Stars signed rookie cards over on ebay if anyone is interested. I don't need 3, LOL. Off of ebay, I'd be willing to entertain trades/partial trades for other HOF signed rookie cards in any field.

My Hulk Hogan PSA/DNA autographed rookie card

Mike
    Great stuff to list all the scans to your signed wrestling all star cards......I think I counted 15 on the 1983 set that are familiar to me. It has been really fun for me to look at your cards that you have got elsewhere and the ones that once were in my hands.....love it. I'll help you in any way that I can.
    Good luck with the Hulk auction...someone will want it I am sure...........there are very few of them out there.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

<< <i>Good luck with the Hulk auction...someone will want it I am sure...........there are very few of them out there. >>

Yep, it didn't last long, I sold two of my Hogans. Now I only have one left and it's staying with my set.

Mike
    I like the price of this sale.

Both sides win. My hunch that a really high grade example will sell for big cash was proven true.

Nice work Mike!!! You are the king at trading around a positon!!!

<< <i>I like the price of this sale.

Both sides win. My hunch that a really high grade example will sell for big cash was proven true.

Nice work Mike!!! You are the king at trading around a positon!!! >>

I need to get a couple more. I've received another message after the two sales offering even more $$$. If I was a gambler, I'd sell my last one, but then my luck Hulk would die before I got another one image
    Mike hopefully you kept the one that had great appeal with just some printing issues.

Keep your last one you can't replace it cheap.

<< <i>Mike hopefully you kept the one that had great appeal with just some printing issues.

Keep your last one you can't replace it cheap. >>

Yeah, I kept the nicest one for me.

Do not sell this one.

You can not replace this easy. Trust me.

Awesome! I have a spare after the signing....
    There will not be many spares in this strong of condition.

This is a very nice example of the Hulk Hogan.

There will be some nice cards that get signed in this coming auction but either way the price is going to be much higher for a real strong example signed on Ebay.

Keep this for your personal collection. You will regret selling this one I think.

<< <i>There will not be many spares in this strong of condition.

This is a very nice example of the Hulk Hogan.

There will be some nice cards that get signed in this coming auction but either way the price is going to be much higher for a real strong example signed on Ebay.

Keep this for your personal collection. You will regret selling this one I think. >>

Yeah, this one's a keeper for me. I haven't seen too many with the type of eye appeal it has. It's a pretty (if you can call a card "pretty") card with decent centering, and a great sig that doesn't go through his face.

Mike
    Best part of getting multiples is that you get to choose which one you want to keep.....I agree, this one is worth stashing in the collection and making money off something else.
    Mike don't sell this one, you will regret it.

Remember you started your collection for you and this will eat you alive if you can't replace this easily which you can't.

Just got these in so added 4 more scans. All 4 were sent to PSA/DNA and got slabbed except for Tiger Mask. It got a voucher as they don't have exemplars for him. He's extremely tough and lives in Japan. It's authentic, but they won't slab it yet. Ernie Ladd is another deceased wrestler, so glad to knock that one off my list.

Added another WWE Hall of Famer. Also known for being the father of "The Rock".

1983 Wrestling All Stars Series A Rocky Johnson PSA/DNA

Pretty kewl additions Mike ... had no idea Rocky Johnson was his dad.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Added another member of the WWE Hall of Fame. This was signed a couple weeks ago at a minor league baseball game. Got the unsigned card from Rob (wrestlingcardking) and one of my friends from SCN got it signed for me. Card and sig have tremendous eye appeal, but card has a couple bends (not creases per se) when held at an angle. The mailing trip from Wisconsin to Waxahachie was not kind, LOL.

74 down, 34 more to go. In about two weeks I should have 6 more that will be signed at the NWA Legends show coming up.

1982 Wrestling All Stars Series B Sergeant Slaughter

Added a couple more that put me over the 2/3rds mark.

1982 Series B Brad Rheingans

1983 Series A Salvatore Bellomo

Very nice work Mike!!!

Love the Slaughter!!
    Got some pretty good poppage about half an hour ago on my Hogan and Kerry Von Erich.

18684424 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS SERIES A 2 HULK HOGAN PSA/DNA CERTIFIED
    18684425 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS-SERIES B 7 KERRY VON ERICH PSA/DNA CERTIFIED

Mike
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Well done Mike image
    That is awesome....congrats!
    Rob sold me another one of his rejects image That makes 77 in my thread (I actually have about 85 of them signed now I think, just haven't had time to make scans, maybe I'll get around to it this weekend. This character has led a pretty entertaining life so far.

1982 Series B Jesse "The Body" Ventura PSA/DNA

What can I say? I'm a bit picky......
    Who won the really nice looking Ventura that was up recently and ended early?

That was a good looking card.
    :-)
    Picked this one up from one of my friends. Conrad Efraim (SD Jones) passed away in 2008, so happy to knock off another one of the deceased ones. Way too many of these guys are dead already for only being a 1982 issue.

1982 SD Special Delivery Jones PSA/DNA

There won't be many if any more of those Mike. Nice pick up!

<< <i>There won't be many if any more of those Mike. Nice pick up! >>

Thanks David. I haven't cross referenced Rob's set yet, but between the two of us, we've got to be getting pretty close to having a complete set if they were combined. I know he's got several that I need and I know I've got several that he needs.

I've heard that the Grand Wizard died before the set was released so that one's going to be a little tough. Might have to try Coach's Corner Auctions for that one, or find an ACE authenticated example, LOL.

Mike
  • Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iron Mike Sharpe!!! Holy cow I haven't heard that name in 30 years!
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
    Think I have an extra Auto from Iron Mike Sharpe if you like that guy.... there are a lot of great names in these sets. They are a fun set to collect and pretty much rival 1986 Fleer Basketball with less supply....less demand overall but definitely picking up some steam and selling as good as traditional sports cards.
    Between the two of us we have 98 of the 108. I have a buddy that has one if I can work out a trade for him....that would put our combined total at 99. Hmm....