Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Come by and See Shoeless-Joejackson aka Kevin Burge at the National

Kevin Burge, aka Shoelessjoejackson, aka Pristine Sports Collectibles will be displaying at booth 2241 at this years National in Cleveland. Stop by and tell the Edward Norton look a like hello and let him know how you feel about his excellent EBAY service over the years.

Comments

• Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    Be sure to bring your Whack-A-Mole hammers.
    imageRIP
  • Options
    csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    Im sure he will be seeing a lot of his "favorite customers"

He should hire a security squad of his own
  • Options
    If there is going to be a beatdown, please let me know ahead of time so I can fly up for the day with a camera crew.
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If there is going to be a beatdown, please let me know ahead of time so I can fly up for the day with a camera crew. >>

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options

<< <i>If there is going to be a beatdown, please let me know ahead of time so I can fly up for the day with a camera crew. >>

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Stop by and tell the Edward Norton look a like hello and let him know how you feel about his excellent EBAY service over the years.

That would be one hell of a long line.

If I was going to the Nat'l, I would stop by and make a scene at his booth
    and make sure people are listening.
  • Options

<< <i>Stop by and tell the Edward Norton look a like hello and let him know how you feel about his excellent EBAY service over the years.

That would be one hell of a long line.

If I was going to the Nat'l, I would stop by and make a scene at his booth
    and make sure people are listening. >>

You need to have copies of your problems and get someone to pass them out at Nationalimage
  • Options
    Thats a good idea! Im sure a google search would produce a ton of problems people have had with him.

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

All lies...if there is going to be a beat down, give Bill at least 36 hours notice so he can fill a UHaul with a camera crew and DRIVE up for the day. Bill doesn't fly.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options

Maybe include Gary in the beatdownimage
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    yes, get those cameras ready for Burge and Uncle Fester then post them on YouTube! I bet you could get some interesting footage if you stood by their tables for a couple of hours!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>yes, get those cameras ready for Burge and Uncle Fester then post them on YouTube! I bet you could get some interesting footage if you stood by their tables for a couple of hours! >>

Here's some footage from the last National Gary attended. Apparently he was attacked by an old friend because he never returned his "Big Dog" t-shirt.

link
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
    KNOW WAT I'N SAYIN'....
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    Did you ever notice when someone says, "You know what I'm saying?" a lot, you usually don't know what they are saying?
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did you ever notice when someone says, "You know what I'm saying?" alot, you usually don't know what they are saying? >>

////////////////////////////

I only notice that I do not care what they are saying.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Can someone fill me in on SJJ?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options

<< <i>Can someone fill me in on SJJ? >>

toolhaus
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

toolhaus >>

Good gravy
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    Nice feedback LOL
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    I wonder if his phony buyback card making buddies will be there as well.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    Maybe you can watch them sign the buybacks
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there another shoeless joe that used to sell cards on ebay?
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Is there another shoeless joe that used to sell cards on ebay? >>

//////////////////////

Likely many dozens of variations of the name:

Just a few

Exact match:
    shoeless-joejackson ( 14570) 10 years 11 months NC,United States

Close match:
    shoeless_joejackson ( 0 ) 5 years 3 months France

shoeless-joe ( 180) 10 years 11 months Ontario,Canada
    Close matches:
    shoeless.joe1 ( 2 ) 3 months MN,United States
    shoelessjoe1 ( 897) 10 years 7 months MA,United States
    shoelessjoe4 ( 165) 10 years 5 months NC,United States
    shoelessjoe5 ( 277) 9 years 11 months Queensland,Australia
    shoelessjoes ( 697) 10 years 8 months NC,United States
    shoelssjoe ( 1045) 10 years 6 months FL,United States Seller's items
    shoelussjoe ( 521) 9 years 10 months IN,United States
    shoelesssjoe ( 0 ) 10 months ID,United States
    shoeless_jo ( 7 ) 8 years 1 month TX,United States
    shoeless_joel ( 33) 8 years 8 months GA,United States
    shoeless_joo ( 12) 2 years 9 months CA,United States
    shoelessjo7 ( 10) 4 years 9 months UT,United States
    shoelessjoej ( 55) 9 years 8 months GA,United States
    shoeless_joe ( 4 ) 8 years 5 months CA,United States
    Close matches:
    shoeless.joe1 ( 2 ) 3 months MN,United States
    shoelessjoe1 ( 897) 10 years 7 months MA,United States
    shoelessjoe4 ( 165) 10 years 5 months NC,United States
    shoelessjoe5 ( 277) 9 years 11 months Queensland,Australia
    shoelessjoes ( 697) 10 years 8 months NC,United States
    shoelssjoe ( 1045) 10 years 6 months FL,United States Seller's items
    shoeless-joe ( 180) 10 years 11 months Ontario,Canada
    shoeless_jo ( 7 ) 8 years 1 month TX,United States
    shoeless_joel ( 33) 8 years 8 months GA,United States
    shoeless_joo ( 12) 2 years 9 months CA,United States
    shoelesssjoe ( 0 ) 10 months ID,United States
    shoeless_joe74 ( 1 ) 8 months Australia
    shoeless_tom ( 40) 5 years 4 months United Kingdom
    shoelessjo7 ( 10) 4 years 9 months UT,United States

• Options
    That's not even close to all of his negatives. Toolhaus seems to be having a problem pulling them all.

<< <i>

<< <i>

toolhaus >>

Good gravy >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options

<< <i>That's not even close to all of his negatives. Toolhaus seems to be having a problem pulling them all.

toolhaus >>

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Yup.

goofbay shows many more. It takes a minute to fully load.

goofbay

toolhaus has returned lots of incomplete records lately.
  • Options
    how is this terd still on ebay...oh thats right, he's making them money
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I heard that a Lexus is going to get stolen out of the parking lot. Maybe putting pics of your car on myspace was not the best idea ever.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Is there any chance that the autos are in fact real BUT with this twist......they number the card themselves, make the holograms, and the COA card with the hologram...cuz even if the Jeter is real, you can probably buy a legit signed rookie for about 600, maybe less...but these stupid buybacks bring back 3-4x more. I just wonder....
  • Options

<< <i>Is there any chance that the autos are in fact real BUT with this twist......they number the card themselves, make the holograms, and the COA card with the hologram...cuz even if the Jeter is real, you can probably buy a legit signed rookie for about 600, maybe less...but these stupid buybacks bring back 3-4x more. I just wonder.... >>

no,

the autos are 100% fake. no chance of being real!
    Buying or trading for these signed Jeter rc's:
    1992 GCL, 93 Stadium Club, 93 Greensboro,, 93 South Atlantic League, 93 Topps Marlins & Rockies,, 94 Classic Tampa, 94 Procards Tampa, 94 Florida State League & 95 Columbus Clippers.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Is there any chance that the autos are in fact real BUT with this twist......they number the card themselves, make the holograms, and the COA card with the hologram...cuz even if the Jeter is real, you can probably buy a legit signed rookie for about 600, maybe less...but these stupid buybacks bring back 3-4x more. I just wonder.... >>

no,

the autos are 100% fake. no chance of being real! >>

I understand that auto's may be 100% fake, but in all of these threads here and across the street, No one has shown rock solid proof they are fake. Felix-Jones claims he is going to buy the card because it is real.

• Options
    ping,

if you cant look at the auto's in ? & come to the realazation that there 100% fake then how is anyone ever going to convince you?? the card doesnt even look like a 5th grader signed it. also how was there two # 2/5???

also i was a autograph authenticator. i know what i'm talkng about. also felix jones was kevin burge.
    1992 GCL, 93 Stadium Club, 93 Greensboro,, 93 South Atlantic League, 93 Topps Marlins & Rockies,, 94 Classic Tampa, 94 Procards Tampa, 94 Florida State League & 95 Columbus Clippers.

• Options
    From across the street:

the jeter in your other post in the sgc slab is numbered 4/5.

the jeter linked in the first post of this thread is numbered 2/5

the jeter linked in the middle of this page is numbered 3/5
  • Options
    explain to me how on all 3 cards there # in diff spots on one of them. how come the holgram on the card is in diff spots. i dont even know why i'm doing this because it is SO OBVIOUS that these cards sre fake that its really a waste of time. i dont know ping if you can see clearly but if you cant tell there fake then i have nothing else to say.

its clear to me you dont have the ability to compare sigs. like i said before you dont have to be a authenticator, a auto expert, just someone with 2 good eyes.

the cards are fake. i still cant believe you cant see it???????

• Options
    I'm blind in one eye and can't see out of the otherimage
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

<< <i>ping,

if you cant look at the auto's in ? & come to the realazation that there 100% fake then how is anyone ever going to convince you?? the card doesnt even look like a 5th grader signed it. also how was there two # 2/5???

also i was a autograph authenticator. i know what i'm talkng about. also felix jones was kevin burge. >>

I said it before both here and across the street...Show us proof that this auto is fake. lay out a real auto and fake side by side and state exactly why you feel that these are fakes. If you cannot do that then just SHUT IT.

You come on both boards chirping about them being fake and we are supposed to take your word because "you were an autheticator"? sorry..that dog dont hunt. Give us factual proof or go away. Your act is getting old.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    whats wrong with the auto??? the whole auto.

the D the E the R the E the K the J the E the T the E the R.

Everything is wrong with the auto.

please show me how the autos that are 100% fake but you say are in ?? even look like this?

psa/dna jeter

• Options
    Hey MinorLeagueSource, you should chill out a bit.

The use of the multiple question marks only accentuates your seemingly hyper, rude "tone".

It is possible to have a decent conversation here without all of that.
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159

<< <i>also i was a autograph authenticator. i know what i'm talkng about. also felix jones was kevin burge. >>

Aren't you also a private investigator specializing in sports cards and memorabilia?
  • Options
    MinorLeagueCards is right. The buybacks are so obviously fake that you are better off explaining what actually looks correct on the auto than what looks off.

edit: in an attempt to point out what is correct, I'm hard pressed to find anything. the letters comprising the name look more like mountains than loops. The D is the wrong shape and too narrow. the k and the J isn't one fluid motion. The J starts in the middle of a letter, on the same line, almost cutting off whatever letter it wants to pretend to be. The intersection of the T and the J are all wrong, it's not fluid. alot of pen lift. the ER in jeter is wrong.

To try to go more detailed than that is impossible, because it doesn't even resemble a legit jeter autograph.
  • Options
    bbcemporiumbbcemporium Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey MinorLeagueSource, you should chill out a bit.

The use of the multiple question marks only accentuates your seemingly hyper, rude "tone".

It is possible to have a decent conversation here without all of that. >>

Agreed, if your credentials are legit, may we could learn something from you. But so far, all you are doing is making claims w/ little evidence and ridiculing people who question your claims.
    Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Just an off the wall comment...I think I remember reading on Kevin Burge's myspace profile once that he was a big Felix Jones fan...and, having read his writing before, it's of a similar style to the guy across the street.

edited to add: and I too think they are bogus...these aren't new to the hobby by any means.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    another thing is evident from these sellers which makes me believe 100% that they are all shoeless joe's cards or def friends of his. that they are all selling the red ink football autos. i thought these cards were suppose to be limited. they have all of them what a coincidence. what sare the chances they are real?

• Options
    Those cards are as fake as MinorLeagueSource's authentication company background.
  • Options
    I might be wrong, but I think MinorLeagueSource was formerly known as itsinthegrade here on the boards.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options

<< <i>I might be wrong, but I think MinorLeagueSource was formerly known as itsinthegrade here on the boards. >>

If that's the case, he was also gradeddream who was banned.
  • Options
    Wonder if he has anymore "News that will rock the hobby to its very core". That turns out to be nothing.
  • Options
    "...it doesn't even resemble a legit jeter autograph."

///////////////////////////

I must agree. NOT even close to the PSA/DNA ones that I have owned/seen.

The Felix post seems likely to have been made by KB or his crew.

I have ZERO clue who MinorLeagueSource is. He may or may not
    be an "expert."

BUT, I would be REALLY shocked if PSA/DNA were to authenticate
    the subject sigs.

• Options

<< <i>I might be wrong, but I think MinorLeagueSource was formerly known as itsinthegrade here on the boards. >>

He's itsinthegrade across the street.

I asked across the street why people had different ID's from over here to there, I think they have something to hide.image