Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What's the next card you're going to buy?

I just barely lost a beautiful PSA 8 1960 Willie Mays All-Star and now I seem to be on a mission to find another. Unless something surprising comes along, that will be the next card I buy.

What's the next card you're going to buy?

Comments

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    I have a lot of interests, but am budgeting for a rather large submission of '69 and '80 topps to psa.

Julen
    ______
    Collecting:
    1980 Topps: Over 4,000 cards from vending and wax boxes awaiting a giant bonfire
    1969 Topps: Master # 1 1
    1987 Kraft Dinners Home Plate Heroes
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

Me too Julen. I have about 150 cards that I want to send in for the 60-71 special.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I would like to get a nice PSA 8 or 9 1975 Rose, centered. This card appears to be fairly hard to find a nicely centered one. If not this then I would like to get a 75 PSA 9 Munson.

Stingray
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    1968 Topps Tony Perez PSA 9

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    In about 5 minutes, I am going to purchase the one PSA 9 Gale Sayers RC on EBAY for the bin price... the person selling it sniped it from me two weeks ago for just over $1800 if I remember correctly, and now I'm willing to pay $429 above that (still below current SMR) for the nearly perfectly centered specimen...

If you don't believe me, just watch the item over the next few minutes, it will be gone by 1 PM...

(still feeling giddy about the $13K I made in the market today, ticker symbol GIGA, 6000 shares... should run tomorrow too;&gtimage
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    RlpublicninMass, you'd better have $1.1 million in your pockets, because my $1 million snipe is already set on that puppy!
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    The Sayers rookie is just a great looking card. Well done!
  • Options

Hey TimeMachine...

Where was that tip this morning? You think it will keep running off that $2M contract?
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    hey zef... I have owned shares under $4 since its last retracement after the BA contract anncmnt last quarter... and if you want the skinny, there are some smart folks on the YHOO message boards. I think it is going much MUCH higher my friend...

Sayers RC going...
  • Options
    going...
  • Options
    gone.

• Options

Nice buy, and tip! I'm in.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    My pleasure... in a nutshell, GIGA is a turnaround story, low float defense-play, now profitable... they are officially a takeover target by a larger defense firm.

GL
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    My next big card hopefully will be a 1961 Mays All-Star PSA 8...if I can find one.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking for a 63F PSA 8 Willie Mays - nicely centered for at or below SMR.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    TheCARDKidTheCARDKid Posts: 1,496
    Nice play on GIGA.

I'm waiting to see what's in the Mastro auction next month.
  • Options
    Thanks.

I just got my SMR and I can tell you that there is a '79 OPC Gretzky RC PSA 10 up for sale... I think it may sell for over $50K... there is also a '48 Leaf J. Robinson RC in PSA 9 (looks perfect, white borders, near perfect centering) that should go for well over $100K imo...

BTW, still not too late to buy GIGA just above $6 where it settled down today...
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully a nice Sports Kings or US Carmel Bobby Jones at the National next week!
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    Hopefully no one got burnt on GIGA?

Stingray
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I have set snipes for 25 items in the past 3 days, I haven't one any. In fact one 2 or 3 "fired" the rest I got smoked early-on on. This soemtimes is a mixed blessing, I wasn't tempted to pay too much for the card, but I really wanted the card!
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    It looks like my next card was a nice 1957 Ernie Banks PSA 7.
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I was wrong. I didn't get a 1960 All-Star, but I picked up this really nice looking 59 last night. Hope it looks as nice in person as it does in the scan.

• Options
    note to self....

Ignore someone hyping a stock such as GIGA on a sports card message board....7/20 close wasn't too pretty...
  • Options
    Agreed, hopefully no one here got burned on his bragging on making $13K (good for him), but he could have cost someone a good chunk of change.

Stingray
  • Options
    uhhhhh... take another look @ GIGA today... better yet, get back to me next week after earnings.

Always do your own research when buying stocks for goodness sake...image
  • Options
    I would not recommend following any stock advice/tips coming from a person that invests in Tiger Woods cards.
  • Options
    Yeah, Tiger has only won like 10 majors before the age of 30... he'll only win about 15 more LMAO.

Easy does it kuntryboy, you are far, far out of your element here buddy.

• Options

<< <i>Easy does it kuntryboy, you are far, far out of your element here buddy. >>

Am I? image
  • Options
    I am going to have to give a resounding "YES".

you sound merely jealous to me, which is understandable...
    1996 Tiger Woods SIFK PSA 10 ------- safely put away in my collection for posterity...
    1966 Philadelphia Gale Sayers RC PSA 9------- paid for and on the way... (thanks again Bret T.)
    8,000 shares of GIGA bought @ $3.75~3.90 ------- RTQ = $7.03... you do the math buddy...

LMAO
  • Options
    Nice Mayes Ajw, sure looks better then a 5. I will have to show everyone my newest card when it gets here in say....a month? Something like that! I'm sure everyone will like it image.
    Ryan
  • Options
    Oh, sorry kuntryboy, my RTQ has since changed... GIGA now $7.27... sorry you don't know jack about trading or investing...

lmao

(hope you actually bot some zef...;&gtimage
  • Options

<< <i>you sound merely jealous to me, which is understandable... >>

I guess every message board has an Adam J. Moraine.
  • Options
    Whoever that is...

Oh yeah, updated RTQ on GIGA ----- $7.37... but what's $800 more dollars when you're already up $14,000 for the day right?

ROTFLMAO
  • Options
    Strike that.

GIGA RTQ (high of the day) = $7.57... but what's $1,600 more dollars, right?
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Still looking for an eye-appealing low grade '51 Sawchuk RC. ...... Hopefully it will be my next card. image
  • Options

<< <i>Strike that.

GIGA RTQ (high of the day) = $7.57... but what's $1,600 more dollars, right? >>

"ROFL OMG PWNT I R 1337 TRADZOR" image

PS. Brag much on an online forum? LOL
    Ryan
  • Options
    Was it Phil Jackson who said "He who crows the loudest eventually eats the most crow...............?"
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Hopefully a 1970 Dad's Cookies Gordie Howe PSA 9.
  • Options
    Uhhhhh, I was called out by kuntryboy. Obviously my updates and comments were for him... looks like me and zef did OK today though...lol.

Sorry you did not read this thread a few days ago, it sucks to be sitting on the sidelines while others make money, I have been there.

Also, it ain't crowing if you are right, buddy... I'll let you fencesitters know when GIGA hits $10 though...

(rant over)
  • Options
    You brought it up 4 times within about 15 posts. I don't know what you call that, but I know what I call it image. Not trying to argue though, GL with your stocks and cards!
    Ryan
  • Options
    Agreed. A bit extensive, but I for one like to RUB IT IN. You'll notice I have few posts for as long as I've been a member... when something ignites me, that's how I react.

AHQ $7.70... just for laughs... awright, enuff already lol.

• Options
  • Options
    I will be buying that issue knuckles, and as for the clip ----- LMAO--- thanks, haven't laughed that hard all day... holy crap, I hope she's OK.
  • Options
    I can't see how that guy didn't see her.. I think he just ran her over to teach her a lesson not to walk on the track especially walking on it not paying attention. Kind of pr!cky. Or.. maybe he was running with his eyes closed. At any rate the dudes face with the orange shirt on says it all. image

<< <i>I will be buying that issue knuckles, >>

I'm really interested to see how they'll present it, the graphics used etc.. and if they edited/changed/removed things that I wrote. I hope it doesn't come across as lame.. Hope you like it.. image I've told my local card shop to hold 5 copies for me and to phone me when they're in. image
  • Options

<< <i>$7.70... just for laughs... awright, enuff already lol.

image >>

GIGA $6.62 now. If my math is correct, TimeMachine has lost $8,640.00 since Thursday.
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    can't see how that guy didn't see her.. I think he just ran her over to teach her a lesson not to walk on the track especially walking on it not paying attention. Kind of pr!cky. Or.. maybe he was running with his eyes closed. At any rate the dudes face with the orange shirt on says it all.

Those track guys are taught to keep there head down at the start of the run and uncoil as the accelerate. It looks like from the clip he was just bringing his head up when they connected. Amazing clip though and a testament to the power those guys generate and example of the formula we all learned in physics Force = Mass x Acceleration.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    keep tryin' buddy... my $ ave. is just over $4... you don't make a dime or lose a dime umtil you sell of course, Wall Street 101.

Close of $6.64, BUT, $7 AHQ chump. Guess you don't know what a "long" is huh? Monday?---$8-10 as shortsellers scurry to cover their positions (maybe you understand this, maybe you don't), and $11-15+ after earnings on tuesday-friday... you really sound like a jealous scamp, sorry you don't have two nickels to rub together buddy.

I was willing to let this thread die until $10 became a reality, but if you really want to keep looking foolish and stupid, by all means, keep commenting on a helpful stock tip I gave out last week, where anyone that bought below $6 is a happy camper right now.

• Options
    TimeMachine

I didn't expect you to show up on this thread today. I figured you'd be busy slitting your wrists after losing $8,640.00.
  • Options
    one more time "friend"...

You don't lose a penny or make a penny until you sell. Stocks don't go straight up OR straight down. I'm up about 24 large since my purchase, so I'm hardly slitting my wrists lol, but I am waiting to secure profits at higher levels and play with the "house's" money sometime in the near future...

I am done wasting my time with a rube like yourself, but suffice it to say I'll be buying that PSA 8 '51 Bowman Mantle RC on Ebay with the "house's" $$$$ when the auction ends as my next card purchase... but I guess it isn't wise to invest in Mantle cards either, right?

Stay on the sidelines where you belong Littleboy...