Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Twister Fund giveaway! (Prize pics in post #1, fundraiser total in post #3, giveaway winners in post

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, everybody.

Regarding the Twister Fund and its associated prize giveaways, I will be posting the totals collected and drawing the prizes soon. I apologize for the long absence.

I was in the process of compiling the list tonight when the PayPal site went down, possibly for maintenance or whatever- that happens in the wee hours sometimes, I suppose.

Anyway, I will get back to that ASAP and get this thing wrapped up. As agreed with Mike Long, aka "Rabbitracks", the first $250 we collected will be earmarked for tornado-affected residents of Muscatine County, Iowa, with the remainder going to the national Red Cross. I really should have already handled the $250 donation for Muscatine County already, but I must admit I haven't. Many of you might've noticed I have been absent from the forums for the better part of two weeks. Rest assured that all funds are still in my PayPal account and will be sent along to their proper destinations soon, and I will post the results of the fundraiser as soon as I have that information.

In the meantime, here is a glance at the four prizes we have to be drawn from, for those who made donations.

The drawing will be made as soon as I can access my PayPal account again and retrieve the list of contributors.

The first place drawing winner will get first choice of the prizes, the second place winner gets second choice, the third place winner gets third choice, and the fourth place winner gets whatever's left.

Prize A: a small holey gold coin from my Holey Gold Hat.

Prize B: a PCGS MS66 RB 1909-VDB cent from Mike/"rabbitracks".

Prize C: a PCGS MS Full Steps 1950-D nickel from Mike/"rabbitracks".
(Mike didn't say what grade it was but it is PCGS and Mint State and has the FS designation).

Prize D: a toned PCGS MS65 1951 dime from Mike/"rabbitracks".

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    OK, here are our contributors, identified here by their initials as they appeared on the PayPal payments. That's 23 contributors, and the gross amounts contributed are posted below. (I'll forward those amounts on to the charities rather than the net amounts- my contribution, aside from the gold coin, will be to absorb the PayPal fees.)

Jun. 9, 2007 JM $10.00 USD
    Jun. 9, 2007 MC $5.00 USD
    Jun. 9, 2007 PG $20.00 USD
    Jun. 8, 2007 RG $10.00 USD
    Jun. 8, 2007 WC $10.00 USD
    Jun. 4, 2007 AM $3.50 USD
    Jun. 4, 2007 DW $5.00 USD
    Jun. 3, 2007 SB $10.00 USD
    Jun. 3, 2007 GL $20.00 USD
    Jun. 2, 2007 KA $10.00 USD
    Jun. 2, 2007 CW $10.00 USD
    Jun. 2, 2007 JA $10.00 USD
    Jun. 2, 2007 TR $5.00 USD
    Jun. 2, 2007 BS $25.00 USD
    Jun. 2, 2007 KR $11.00 USD
    Jun. 2, 2007 GB $10.00 USD
    Jun. 2, 2007 P.R.W.S. (JG) $10.00 USD
    Jun. 2, 2007 ML $25.00 USD
    Jun. 2, 2007 C.C. (CW) $10.00 USD
    Jun. 2, 2007 RL $20.00 USD
    Jun. 2, 2007 MK $25.00 USD
    Jun. 2, 2007 DS $50.00 USD
    Jun. 2, 2007 JP $20.00 USD

That is a total of $334.50, $250.00 of which is earmarked for Muscatine Co., Iowa twister relief, as mentioned above.

Now, let's draw some numbers out of those 23 contributors, and see who our winners are... stay tuned...

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ...OK, and now our drawing winners! image

First choice of the four prizes goes to jobiwan115!

Second choice of the four prizes goes to Stooge!

Third choice of the four prizes goes to pursuitofliberty!

Whatever's left goes to sbeverly!

I will PM the winners now and see who picks what. Winners, you may post your choices here if you like. Rabbitracks will be shipping the PCGS coins and I will be shipping the little holey goldie. Once we have determined what prize goes to whom, y'all can PM your mailing addresses to us.

• Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    I will be proud to accept the little holey goldie. Thank you so much for donating it, Rob. And for heading up this effort to help those affected by the twisters.
    Exclusively collecting Capped Bust Halves in VF to AU, especially rarity 3 and up.
    Joe G.
    Great BST purchases completed with commoncents123, p8nt, blu62vette and Stuart. Great coin swaps completed with rah1959, eyoung429 and Zug. Top-notch consignment experience with Russ.
  • Options
    Jobiwan chose the holey gold coin.

That means Stooge gets to choose next.

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the wonderful givaway, as I was not expecting to win. Thankyou very much!

I will choose the 1909 Lincoln Cent as I don't even own a single cent, so this might be the start to something great who knows.

Thanks, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, thank you very much! I was not expecting anything either, however the nickel would be a wonderful keepsake.

I certainly do apreciate all your effort Rob - you and Mike for the prize donations - and everyone who donated! image

I'm glad we made a little difference image

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options

<< <i>I will choose the 1909 Lincoln Cent as I don't even own a single cent, so this might be the start to something great who knows. >>

Wow. He didn't have a single cent to his name. image

• Options
    Well, the prizes were chosen in the order they were listed.

Prize A (the gold holey) was chosen by jobiwan115.

Prize B (the 1909-VDB Lincoln) was chosen by Stooge.

Prize C (the 1950-D nickel) was chosen by pursuitofliberty.

This means that Prize D (the toned 1951 dime) goes to sbeverly.

Prizewinners B, C, and D, please PM your mailing addresses to rabbitracks for shipping. (Actually, I think I already passed Stooge's address along to him).

I will be shipping Prize A to jobiwan.

Thanks, everybody!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file