Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official 2009 Heritage High Number Thread

Just confirmed by Clay at topps. Could it be any worse content-wise than 09 heritage?

Would love a Yaz auto.

Kevin

Comments

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Yaz is signing Upper Deck stuff this year - hope it's not exclusive.

I'll probably buy a pack of these when they come out

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    man if Yaz has the health to sign 4 UD, there is no reason topps couldn't get him to sign heritage. Dang that would be nice.

Kevin
  • Options
    I want a McCovey.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Kevin-

Did you ask Clay if they are also adding an additional 100 Heritage Chromes/Refractors/Black Refractors in the regular Topps Chrome issue this year as well?
  • Options
    do you have a release date? I just checked with ALL of my distributors and NONE have heard any of this!
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Options

<< <i>Kevin-

Did you ask Clay if they are also adding an additional 100 Heritage Chromes/Refractors/Black Refractors in the regular Topps Chrome issue this year as well? >>

I did not, but we can assume they won't do that, based upon a few things:

1) Heritage already released with all the big name chromes.
    2) hasn't topps chrome already hit?

I think they learned their less with trying to piggy back the heritage name with the stupid topps chrome set.

Kevin
  • Options
    Tell Clay he should consult with us before proceeding!

Craig in Texas
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Have we heard when the update will be out?
  • Options
    New here but looking for help need a 2001 topps "red inked" auto of Vina???

LMK I have 2001 heritage cards to trade. thanks bob m
  • Options
    This has to be better than the 09 regular issue.With all the autos the could have had the really skimped out.I thought 08 High Numbers was pretty loaded.You 3-4 autos and 3-4 black refractors per case.I hope it stays like that but my gut tells me otherwise.On the other 2009 Topps 206 looks to be a hit with the exception of the sticker autos on a retro product.
    Mike
  • Options
    2009 Topps Heritage High Number Series

Product Details:

8 cards per pack, 24 packs per box, 12 boxes per case

Parallels – Chrome, Refractor, and Black Refractor

All autographs signed on-card (no stickers!)

1 autograph or relic per Hobby box!

Release Date: Week of November 16th, 2009

• Options
    The picture in the promo material, where they are supposed to get you excited about the product, has a picture of a Dick Burwell autograph.....that is all I need to
    know about this product.

Kevin
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭
    Do you have a link to the promo information? Are they mixing them with the regular topps update issue?
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The picture in the promo material, where they are supposed to get you excited about the product, has a picture of a Dick Burwell autograph.....that is all I need to
    know about this product.

Kevin >>

It least there not giving us the old bait and switch by showing us a McCovey auto. It is what it is.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

<< <i>The picture in the promo material, where they are supposed to get you excited about the product, has a picture of a Dick Burwell autograph.....that is all I need to
    know about this product.

Kevin >>

LOL...Kev...I was thinking the same thing! I didn't want to burst everyone's bubble by posting that crap promo auto before we even saw a checklist. I'm sure it will be filled with all of the star/semi-stars that are still living that were not included in the regular Topps Heritage issue...(yeah right).

John
  • Options
    No way topps can put out another bad heritage product, they aren't that stupid.

Kevin
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭

<< <i>Yaz is signing Upper Deck stuff this year - hope it's not exclusive.

I'll probably buy a pack of these when they come out >>

UD offered more Marlboro's and beer.image

EDIT: 500th post. Woot!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Yaz is signing Upper Deck stuff this year - hope it's not exclusive.

I'll probably buy a pack of these when they come out >>

UD offered more Marlboro's and beer.image

EDIT: 500th post. Woot! >>

Cool what did I win?
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No way topps can put out another bad heritage product, they aren't that stupid.

Kevin >>

Yes, they can be that stupid. For more information, see invisible man autographs image
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    I guess time will tell.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>No way topps can put out another bad heritage product, they aren't that stupid.

Kevin >>

Yes, they can be that stupid. For more information, see invisible man autographs image >>

You mean the invisible man autos that are gettin 250+ on ebay?

Kevin
  • Options
    psu92psu92 Posts: 283
    Kevin,

Do you know if Topps is going to mix the Heritage high numbers with the regular Topps high numbers (like what they did last year)?
  • Options
    yes, same set up as last year, you get 2 of the topps regular high number in each pack, now I don't know if those cards will already be released in a previous
    product like they were last year. If they arn't then that will add a slight bit of value to as topps base set guys will be looking for those cards.

Kevin
  • Options
    alma1960alma1960 Posts: 151 ✭✭
    Yes, according to the product sheet I saw, Topps update will be included at 2 per pack just like last year. Here's the Auto list I saw:

AUTOGRAPH CARDS
    Real One
    ROA-DB Dick Burwell
    ROA-IN Irv Noren
    ROA-BJ Bob Johnson
    ROA-AD Alvin Dark
    ROA-BWI Bobby Wine
    ROA-KG Kevin Gregg
    ROA-GB Gordon Beckham
    ROA-CK Clayton Kershaw
    ROA-CP Cliff Pennington
    ROA-GBL Gregor Blanco
    ROA-RI Raul Ibanez
    ROA-GC Gio Gonzalez
    ROA-AB Antonio Bastairdo
    ROA-MB Milton Bradley
    ROA-EV Eugenio Velez
    ROA-VM Vin Mazzaro

Doesn't look real strong. Was last's final auto list better than the promo info? I feel obligated to continue with the set, but I hate getting all those Update cards. Is there a licensing problem and this is Topps way to get around it?
    Collect HOF on card autographs -PSA graded

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

Topps Heritage Blue Autos (2016-2022)
  • Options
    I can't believe it ---- Kevin thanks so much ---just one week ago almost to minute---- I ask for help in finding a 2001 red inked Vina auto ----- today, just this morning I was able to make a trade for Vina --------- i can't thank all of u heritage guys and gals enough..... now I would like to ask for/or challenge someone to locate one or better yet both of the redemption card for the 2001 THA of Mathews or Doby......I had a Doby back in 2001 mailed it into Topps and well sure you all know the rest of the story ..... Anyhow luv to see one of those again...again I have some ' 01 trading material for anyone with either of "those needles in the haystack"
  • Options
    44 I just sent you a PM
  • Options
    pathetic auto checklist, but at least there will be guy booking more than commons. The Beckham and Ibanez will be hot cards. Still not worth chasing
    the long odds.

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Kevin >>

Yes, they can be that stupid. For more information, see invisible man autographs image >>

Kevin >>

Just because it sells for a lot of money doesn't mean it isn't a really stupid card.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Kevin >>

Kevin >>

Just because it sells for a lot of money doesn't mean it isn't a really stupid card. >>

There are many stupid cards, but ones that sell for 250+ suddenly seem a little smarter when found in products that I open.
  • Options
    Man the Autos are going to stink!
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, according to the product sheet I saw, Topps update will be included at 2 per pack just like last year. Here's the Auto list I saw:

AUTOGRAPH CARDS
    Real One
    ROA-DB Dick Burwell
    ROA-IN Irv Noren
    ROA-BJ Bob Johnson
    ROA-AD Alvin Dark
    ROA-BWI Bobby Wine
    ROA-KG Kevin Gregg
    ROA-GB Gordon Beckham
    ROA-CK Clayton Kershaw
    ROA-CP Cliff Pennington
    ROA-GBL Gregor Blanco
    ROA-RI Raul Ibanez
    ROA-GC Gio Gonzalez
    ROA-AB Antonio Bastairdo
    ROA-MB Milton Bradley
    ROA-EV Eugenio Velez
    ROA-VM Vin Mazzaro

Doesn't look real strong. Was last's final auto list better than the promo info? I feel obligated to continue with the set, but I hate getting all those Update cards. Is there a licensing problem and this is Topps way to get around it? >>

I think there is a method to Topps' madness of including 2 regular Update cards per pack for the following reason: Topps knows that there are a lot of rabid Heritage collectors that will buy the Update Heritage just because it is Heritage. By including regular cards in the Heritage packs, they are hoping to draw Heritage collectors to get into the regular Topps Update because they already have so many regular Update cards and they may be compelled to complete the regular Update set. Further, maybe by forcing Heritage collectors to be exposed to basic Topps, they are trying to lure them in to collecting the basic Topps as well. Just a thought.
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    If anybody wants this:

2009 Topps Heritage Clubhouse Collection Relics Dual Expand Card
    Nbr Card Description Total
    Qty Low
    Price
    PM Pujols Bat/S, Albert 1 $100.00

It's over on Sportlots.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    Topps' website finally shows Heritage update, with a release date of November 9.
  • Options

<< <i>Topps' website finally shows Heritage update, with a release date of November 9. >>

So add two weeks to that and thats probably when you'll be able to get it....
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    I see me spending money. Topps T206 and High Number Heritage will keep me busy in Oct/Nov.
  • Options
    I will more than likely purchase a package of these sports cards
  • Options
    (Zep33) Mike do you think you will bust a couple of packs? image
  • Options
    I just don't get it.....

It seems to me that the Heritage train is losing steam instead of gaining steam. The autos are PATHETIC! Why can't Topps get us what we have been asking for? I can't stand these gimmick cards they have been inserting lately. Just what I want -- a card of some dang butterfly or a piece of turtle shell.

BRING BACK THE GOOD OLD DAYS!!

I have been such a fan of Heritage. Maybe they are saving their money for next year. I am going to give them one more year -- their tenth anniversary product better be loaded!

Give us a decent chance at a hall of famer's autograph. That is all I ask.

Craig in Texas
  • Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    Did the 2009 heritage baseball product contain any neat little subsets similar to the Target T205 15-card set last year? I didn't do anything with 2009 heritage, but I did buy some of the Target blaster boxes last year and really liked those little T-205's. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Nick
  • Options
    Does anyone have any NEW information on the 2009 Topps Heritage high numbers? I am really bummed out because this is the first time I have not really anticipated a Heritage release. After looking at the checklists and lack of quality autos, I no longer look forward to busting a case. Maybe there will be a few surprises but if one of the surprises is an upside down picture of Jay Bruce or something similar then this may very well be the end of the Heritage road for me. What do you guys think?

MY WANT LIST AND TRADE LIST

Craig in Texas
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭
    Any update on the release date...isn't it any day now?
  • Options
    oh no
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Blowout says Nov 18th release.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    My local dealer said his distributor told him it would be the 16th.
  • Options
    It looks like it is being delayed a week according to Blowout and other sources. No big deal to me as the sell sheets do not have me excited or looking forward to ripping packs as they have in year's past. Maybe there will be a nice surprise but I doubt it. Maybe they are gearing up for next year's 10th anniversary???? One can only hope!!!!!

Craig in Texas
  • Options
    is heritage high number live yet or has it been delayed? thanks for the input.
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    I'm not real excited about this set either, but what the heck. I'm in for a case and a half.
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The release date has been pushed back to the 25th of November.
  • Options
    Maybe they are holding it back to put something decent in -- like Yaz autos! image

Craig in Texas