Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Hockey Guys, just picked up these game used Goalie Gloves (Martin Jones)

Just picked a set of Goalie Gloves worn by Martin Jones of the Stanley Cup winning LA Kings and Manchester Monarchs. It seems that he wore this set in his Kings debut, as well as many many games for the Monarchs.

Sorry that the last pic is so big, but it does show some of the early dark marks that match to this set, especially on the blocker.

Comments

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pickup, those will be great for beer league.

Kidding aside, I know several people who have bought various game-used equipment, especially sticks, for the purpose of beer league play instead of keeping as memorabilia as quite often you can end up getting some top of the line equipment for less than you'd pay for lower quality stuff at the sporting goods store.

• Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭
    Never been a goalie, and don't want to be, but I know exactly what you are saying. I've bought Pro quality used stuff for a fraction of what new retail stuff would go for. Gloves for $25, helmets under $50, and of course stick bargains are always out there if you can get them without shipping costs.
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never wanted to consider playing in goal either, but I definitely agree about the stick bargains for sure. You can save hundreds on the top stuff and get them for comparable price to what you'd otherwise pay for a borderline mid-level stick from MC Sports.
  • Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭
    Cool stuff.

In my early days of dek in philly, I used a Rick St. Croix stick for awhile that I got my freshman year the last year the Flyers practiced at the Class of '23 rink.

Warning: adult themes and language

where momma hides the peanut butter
  • Options
    Just curious if it's possible to get the pics a bit bigger? I'm having a hard time seeing them image