Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Barber Dime Set, just started my registry

Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
Been a long time collector and though I should do this for myself. Was a bit confusing how to use the Registry at first but got the hang of it. Once I have everything I own uploaded/slabbed I should be in 6th place. My set is NOT MS coins instead all XF45-AU55, so removing any of the top sets is out of the question for me. I just wanted the challenge and enjoy this series in this grade range.

Me being new the registry any tips to make life easier?

Comments

• Options
    LucanusLucanus Posts: 424 ✭✭✭
    Jinx, congrats on your new barber dime registry set. Enjoy the pursuit of set building using your own desired qualities for your set. Don't get caught up in label collecting. Seek out the finest, most original coins within your grade range, and take your time.
    Would love to see photos of your set.

Doug
  • Options
    Well I have the first lot of coins listed, another 20 or so on their way to PCGS in the next month. Ill have to make a trip the bank and write down some more numbers.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jinx86,

What Lucanus said is spot on, don't worry about the sets above yours, just collect what you like and what you are comfortable with financial wise and you will have fun. Just completing a Barber set in any grade is an undertaking and very rewarding when finished.

Good luck!

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Labelman87Labelman87 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Jinx, Just enjoy what you collect and trust your eyes and not the plastic when you acquire new material. Also, I am sure you will find a wealth of information from many on these forums.

Best wishes!
    Craig

• Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

Jinx,

I was hoping you'd start a Registry set for your Dimes.
    It's a slow process getting started, but you'll soon have
    a handle on it.

As mentioned, collect the look you like - regardless of
    what the holder says. Of course, there are bonus points
    if the coin has a Hayes pedigree...image
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great candidate for the Everyman Set (no higher than AU58).

Looking forward to seeing it!
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    Haha, thanks Mike, a few of the coins are from you, not too many though. You might want to look into improving your inventory.....bwahaha.

I think it will be a fun undertaking as I have most all the coins in the grades I want but raw. I have 30 coins going to PCGS as we speak, most are for this set or for resale. Gonna sell a bunch of coins to come up with a chunk of dough to refinance my house, it'll be fun to only make a $300 mortgage payment.
  • Options
    mortgage in the way of coins! YUUUUUK!
  • Options
    EastonCollectionEastonCollection Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slow and easy - consistency wins championships and builds first class collections........
    Easton Collection
  • Options
    Well I may decide to split my set. An AU set and a MS set, not fully sure yet. Kind of getting bored with coins again. Hard to enjoy collecting and working as a dealer.
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    Upgrade what you can and just enjoy the coins you have. Never worry about what someone else has. All my coins are AU and below, mostly below but I love all of them.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a link to this set? image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    Here is my set Barber Dimes, Ive imaged some more and will be adding more over the weekend. Haven't picked up any new coins and got bump to the #10 slot.