Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I've never received this eBay Bucks offer before

I got an eBay Bucks offer today that is for 6% off no minimum purchase.

But it also has a 6% eBay Bucks for SELLING (up to $100)
The selling offer is you have to list by 9/9 and sell by 9/19

So I listed a bunch of coins with 10 day auctions that will end a week from Sunday.

If I sell $1,666 I'll get the $100 maximum eBay Bucks for selling.

I only got it on my seller account and not on my buying account.

I hope they continue to do this.

Comments

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got smoe eBay ....reward....money!

Bot a toy garbage truck.

Got another $125 or so coming in October.

Probly get another old toy.
  • Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TopographicOceans
    I got an eBay Bucks offer today that is for 6% off no minimum purchase.

But it also has a 6% eBay Bucks for SELLING (up to $100)
    The selling offer is you have to list by 9/9 and sell by 9/19

So I listed a bunch of coins with 10 day auctions that will end a week from Sunday.

If I sell $1,666 I'll get the $100 maximum eBay Bucks for selling.

I only got it on my seller account and not on my buying account.

I hope they continue to do this.

I believe it's a max of $100 per item, but you can get $500 in ebay bucks per quarter
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I foresee bad news with ebay bucks. I was informed it will not be allowed to use on coins anymore. I got a $50 coupon code recently, and it SAYS I cannot use it on BULLION or giftcards, but it would not work on ANY coin and currency category. I called, and they said ebay bucks is going that way too. I spend a LOT, so get max ebay bucks. I have no idea what to spend it on if not coins.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering what the DIFFERENCE is for ebay when it comes to coins (selling/buying).

I mean, in that same vein, what is it that had them make the bullion decisions to NOT get ebay bucks as well? Is it because it is a handful of big sellers (Apmex, etc) that they give big discounts to, so everyone else is screwed out?

They make money from the sellers of coins, and that is part of the bits that become ebay bucks (all the % they reap from sales), so why restrict it? It has to be something that they have shown where they make less vig from coins sold than other things, right?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: jwitten

Guys, I foresee bad news with ebay bucks. I was informed it will not be allowed to use on coins anymore. I got a $50 coupon code recently, and it SAYS I cannot use it on BULLION or giftcards, but it would not work on ANY coin and currency category. I called, and they said ebay bucks is going that way too. I spend a LOT, so get max ebay bucks. I have no idea what to spend it on if not coins.

Look for coins listed in error or intentionally as a second category in "Collectables" as I've used those coupon codes for such in the past with no issues.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually bought a buy it now just to use my coupon, then discovered it would not work. I explained it to the seller, so he canceled the sale, relisted under a new category, and I re-purchased. Not all sellers will be that nice though.
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    I called eBay to confirm and the $100 is the maximum eBay Bucks you can earn by selling (so it caps out at $1,666 in sales)

I also asked about redeeming eBay Bucks for coins, bullion, and currency.

He said it is already in effect and the ones issued in October won't be able to be used in those categories.

I asked why and he said it was from "miss use". He couldn't really explain what that meant (he said at his pay grade he was just told to say the change was made due to miss use by some buyers, and doesn't know any more)

It was probably just an economic decision. A store seller is only paying 4.8% in fees (6% plus 20% discount) so bonus bucks that are giving away 6%-8% is costing eBay money.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file