Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1982 Wrestling All Stars PSA/DNA Hulk Hogan ending in less then 2 hours...

1982 Wrestling All Stars Hulk Hogan PSA/DNA

I am anxious to see where this bad boy closes at!!!

Good luck Rick!

Comments

• daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1982 Wrestling All Stars Hulk Hogan PSA/DNA

I am anxious to see where this bad boy closes at!!!

Good luck Rick! >>

Me too! image
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    I bet it passes $900...
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cracked out all of my BGS slabs and got them signed in the American Icon signing. I got three BGS 9's and and 8.5 signed.

Hogan creased one of them and you can barely see it and the others came out great.

I thought it would be sweet to have an example signed with razor sharp corners.

• Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Cool card!
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff

• << <i>I cracked out all of my BGS slabs and got them signed in the American Icon signing. I got three BGS 9's and and 8.5 signed.

Hogan creased one of them and you can barely see it and the others came out great.

I thought it would be sweet to have an example signed with razor sharp corners. >>

what kind prices does Hogan get at signings these days. Sucks one got creased, is Hulk known to do the bend the card stuff.. Any pics, did you get them done in blue.

Need to get a cert Hogan auto one of these days. Hope he is in Leaf Legends of Pro wrestling set. I would think he will be. Leaf has got him to sign in Ali stuff.

Here is a scan of one of them.

It was a tough deal. It took over four months. Hogan postponed the signing several times due to back problems. He claims he is not doing anymore signings. With pro wrestlers never say never.

I went in with a dealer friend of mine and we got a small discount of $69 and then spent the fees to get them in PSA holders.

He did the signing through American Icon autographs out of CA.

In total I got 9 cards signed. I kept 7 and gave two away as Christmas presents. I kept the 4 Wrestling All Stars, a 1985 Topps #1 and each of his O-Pee-Chee version cards.

It was a bit of a disappointment about the card being damaged but you have to work really hard to see it. It presents very well.

I think longer term the signed Wrestling All Stars card is going to be a great card to own.
    Five minutes to go.

I was thinking $700 plus. Let's see what happens!

$587. Still a very strong price.

• No snipers at the end. With such a high profile card I kinda figured there would have been at least one. Still a great price.

Not only does mine have better centering, it has four razor sharp corners. I have three others like I said and they are up on the wall. One day I may take them down and scan them too.

This card was a PSA 6 signed. A nice card but not a blazer.

The Andre raw card is heating up on EBAY now. Should be interesting to see how that does tomorrow night.

• kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    I was hoping to get that Hogan for $500 but guess that's not possible anymore. The one that went for $407 I think had a crease in it and i asked and this one does not. I have 2 already(one has creases, both PSA graded) but I always want more of this great card signed.
    You can never have to many 1982 Wrestling All Stars Hulk Hogan cards.
  • Not sure does psa/dna have pop report on signed Hogan.
    Wonder if Andre signed many of these.
    The only one's that show up in the pop reports are the Red Flips.

Mike Navarro has one signed that was JSA authenticted and I have seen one raw one on EBAY that the guy who sold Navarro his said was fake.

I highly doubt there are many Andre's as a large percentage of the signed copies are from recent signings.

There are no single 1982 Hogan's on ebay right now! 1st time in a very long time.
  • I want to buy more!

What did that 9 end at?
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    I picked this one up a couple weeks ago, not sure if I was going to get it or not because the picture looked funny but it came and it looks nm-mt so I sent it in to be graded and I hope it does get an 8 image

Hogan
    Mike the Hogan BGS 9 went for $810. That is the highest price for one of those in a while but not as high as they were going for in July of 2010 before any BGS 9.5's existed.

Adicted to EBAY it looks as if you were the first to see that card and snagged it. Did you make any scans of the card where you can see the corners before sending it in? That is a great price regardless. Good luck!

<< <i>Mike the Hogan BGS 9 went for $810. That is the highest price for one of those in a while but not as high as they were going for in July of 2010 before any BGS 9.5's existed.

Adicted to EBAY it looks as if you were the first to see that card and snagged it. Did you make any scans of the card where you can see the corners before sending it in? That is a great price regardless. Good luck! >>

Yep I have a scan, I will upload it when I get home from work around 11pm image
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Wonder if Andre signed many of these. >>

Here's mine:

Buying US Presidential autographs
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [IM

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I love the Andre signature that includes "The Giant"....the Andre only autographs are just too plain for me.........
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

<< <i>http://www.ebay.com/itm/DICK-THE-BRUISER-WILLIAM-AFFLIS-SIGNED-AUTO-1982-WRESTLING-ALL-STARS-CARD-/230772873467?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35bb2298fb#ht_500wt_715

Did Bruiser sign his real name most of time???? Has to be a rare one.

Yeah those sticker auctions are funny. >>

Alen has two of those. I bought one for my signed set. It's fairly hard to find that card signed

Mike
    When did you pick up one of those???
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Yeah, I would think bruiser auto would be a tough one in this set.
    Cool he did sign his real full name.

Does Hogan ever sign his real name? would be cool to get one done with it. Probably have to pay inscription plus regular fee for him to do it if he ever does some more signings.

<< <i>When did you pick up one of those??? >>

Just this past weekend
  • was just looking around on signingshotline.com and Hogan is doing a signing in NJ is appears...
    · Athlete:Hulk Hogan
    · Promoter:Hickey Sports
    · Signing Location:The Forked River House (Forked River, NJ)
    · Promoter's Email Address:Hickeydoor55@yahoo.com
    · Promoter's Phone Number: (609) 693-2310
    · Promoter's Mailing Address: 121 South Main St Forked Rivet, NJ 08731
    · For FedEx or UPS use: 121 South Main St Forked Rivet, NJ 08731
    · Your Merchandise Due By:4/23/2012
    · Your Merchandise Returned By: 4/28/2012
    · Payment Types Accepted: Visa/MC, AMEX, Discover
    · Shipping Fees: Contact promoter for shipping fees
    · Mail Order Pricing
    Promoter's item prices include item and autograph. Customer's item prices are for the autograph alone.
    Item Price DeLuxe Savings Notes Buy Now!
    Customer's: All Items $99.00 Not Applicable Contact Promoter
    Inscription $20.00 Not Applicable Contact Promoter
    I won the Dick the Bruiser on ebay.....had to get one up on Navarro...
    Nice job King!

Way to step it up!

I should say to remain even with Bruiser autos...and in total number....he (navarro) has some huge rare autos...I guess I have quality cards with many of my sigs....gotta keep it going. This was easily financed with some wrestling all star sales......
    The card prices have definitively been strong so nice way to use your early buys to advance your collection.

The market has changed quite a bit.
    Congrats Rob. Glad you got that one. I counted today and I think between us we have 100 of the 108

I wonder if there is anyone that has us beat. I'm sure there is someone out there, probably a couple people that have more then us autographed
    I think we are about as close as one can get....with having 100 of the 108 between us........we should be able to pick up a Jules Strongbow.

<< <i>

The corners collapsed under the pressure of The Giant's gaze for his hands could be as gentle as his good nature ...

AWESOME auto ... I wish I had it ... expelled a genuine "woooooowwwww" when I saw it here. >>

BBG I've never seen such epic poetic prose about my Andre as that!!

Thanks image

Mike
  • Who are the missing eight? And why are they tough?
    NEED
    1982 Jerry Blackwell (1995), Les Thornton, Ray Stevens (1996)
    1983: Jules Strongbow, Bob Sweetan, Buddy Rose (2009), Antonio Inoki, Grand Wizard (1983)
    The Grand Wizard

The Grand Wizard Ernie Roth died in October of 1983 so there may not be any of these signed. I have been told that he did not like to sign and was a tough autograph to make things even more difficult.

• << <i>NEED
    1982 Jerry Blackwell (1995), Les Thornton, Ray Stevens (1996)
    1983: Jules Strongbow, Bob Sweetan, Buddy Rose (2009), Antonio Inoki, Grand Wizard (1983) >>

of these guys who you have left. Have you even seen any signed cards come up for sale of them or know people who have them locked away in their vaults. Suppose living guys can get done. Has Inoki done any US signings.

Has anyone ever done a Grand Wizard cut auto. He was on that cool auction Navarro posted with a bunch tough sigs on it. Had Blackwell as well.

If that auction was cheaper I would have loved to have done cut autos of Blackwell and The Grand Wizard.

I have never seen a Sweetan and heard he is in very poor health.

I am sure there are a few Inokis floating around.

Haven't heard much at all with Thornton.

I have heard of a Ray Stevens with a first name only on it.

I have seen a Jules Strongbow and he may be at a signing soon.

There are some Buddy Rose autos around.
  • Nice breakdown. Wonder if a big autograph company will bring in Inoki. Sure American Icon has tried. they have had good luck bringing in some big name wrestlers.
  • I know this set has a lot of hardcore collectors collecting it and Hogan has quite a few auto variations to it. Surprised at how much they still sell for. Dpeck or anyone else work on this set ? Hogan signed most with just HH I believe
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWE-TNA-WCW-NWO-1998-1999-HULK-HOGAN-AUTOGRAPH-C-ALL-OTHER-AUTOS-GREAT-CARDS-/200743566991?pt=US_Wrestling_Trading_Cards&hash=item2ebd3fbe8f#ht_500wt_924
    That price does not surprise me. The seller is legit and is really interested in BGS graded Wrestling All Stars.

These auto cards have been steadily moving up for a while. I am not interested in modern wrestling cards but these are the cards to own for those that are.

They are very rare and set collectors want them. This was a huge run in the business in WCW and Hulk Hogan led the way. This is a great card for sure!

Personally I think the best signed Hogan card is the 1982 Wrestling All Stars.