Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official 2011 Topps Heritage MINOR LEAGUE post.

I guess we now know where the good chromes went. Whats up with the wooden stripe?

Heritage Take 2

Comments

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    is that a sticker autograph on a "Heritage" card?

Topps, I fart in your general direction.
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

<< <i>is that a sticker autograph on a "Heritage" card?

Topps, I fart in your general direction. >>

OMG, that is disgusting! Did they think the wooden part would confuse us and we wouldn't notice the sticker?
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    They are now officially going to milk Bryce Harper in every way possible. They just invented a new Heritage product just to get him on a Heritage card hoping for some quasi Heritage/Prospector union of collectors.

This is a new low for Topps IMO, just awful. Its just an excuse to put some crap out there with a tiny chance at a Harper auto.

We all know that by the time Sterling is out they will just put one Harper per case just like Stras.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    this is awesome!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    I don't know what to think about this.I like the idea but I think the execution will be botched.Are you Heritage diehards going to build/collect this set?
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Does it say the good chromes are in there? or are they in topps chrome? or is it not known either way yet? I just assumed the heritage chromes were in topps chrome.
  • Options
    psu92psu92 Posts: 283
    I would rather see the High Numbers come back.
  • Options
    I actually kind of like the idea, but that damn sticker auto better just be a mock up.
  • Options

<< <i>Does it say the good chromes are in there? or are they in topps chrome? or is it not known either way yet? I just assumed the heritage chromes were in topps chrome. >>

The good Chromes are in Topps Chrome.
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for 2011 Bowman Chrome Heritage Minor League in December.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    where did the prospect on that card come from???? he looks like he should be pitching in pony league somewhere....about 15 years old!!
  • Options
    Not a fan of this at all. Ugh
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    You can't blame them, the only chance they had to actually move a minor league product was to hitch the Heritage name to it and include a can't miss prospect. I mean, they've already run the Heritage concept into the ground, what's this gonna hurt?

If there were smart they would've done 'Topps Throwback Minor League' and used 70s and 80s Minor League designs, that would at least get some of those collectors into the set. I can't see the hardcore Heritage collectors pining for a Minor League product.
  • Options

<< <i>You can't blame them, the only chance they had to actually move a minor league product was to hitch the Heritage name to it and include a can't miss prospect. I mean, they've already run the Heritage concept into the ground, what's this gonna hurt?

If there were smart they would've done 'Topps Throwback Minor League' and used 70s and 80s Minor League designs, that would at least get some of those collectors into the set. I can't see the hardcore Heritage collectors pining for a Minor League product. >>

I'm starting to think that the last true honest year of Heritage was 2007. That year saw a standard 110-card chrome set, no crazy color variations, no high numbers, just a great set.

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    wow, way to kill a good product.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Josephcb09Josephcb09 Posts: 286 ✭✭
    I will give it a go.

Definately will pick a Harper up.

I will reserve my complaints until I actually break some of the product.
  • Options
    byronscott4everbyronscott4ever Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They are now officially going to milk Bryce Harper in every way possible. They just invented a new Heritage product just to get him on a Heritage card hoping for some quasi Heritage/Prospector union of collectors.

This is a new low for Topps IMO, just awful. Its just an excuse to put some crap out there with a tiny chance at a Harper auto.

We all know that by the time Sterling is out they will just put one Harper per case just like Stras. >>

I think everyone milks what is seen as a "can't miss" prospect. It happens in every sport. It either results in a new set like this, a special boxed set of that player, or in the worst case scenario, they crank out a huge press run of product.
  • Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    My first reaction is this is an awful idea.

But, well.... whatever.
  • Options
    It was also announced that this stuff will cost MORE than regular heritage.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I will give it a go.

Definately will pick a Harper up.

I will reserve my complaints until I actually break some of the product. >>

It will be interesting to see how hard the autos are to pull. You might have to pay 800 off ebay as they most likely are going to be tough hits, and if it is retail too it might be impossible.

Sad thing is topps just made a new minor league set last year called Pro Debut. It had some good autos and some awesome Patch cards like 1/1 Flags from Futures Games jerseys. They screwed up and made 2 series instead of one.

This year they watered down the set and removed alot of the cool game used stuff. There are Harpers but they all are almost impossible to pull. Basically the rest of the set is crap.

They had a good thing going with it but I feel they had this Heritage idea and decided to take content out of Pro Debut and pump it into Heritage.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    The sell sheet indicated that Harper will be a tough pull. The patch auto on the sell sheet is a 1/1...

Sticker autographs suck. I like the idea of Heritage Minor League, but this is a half-ass production, at best.

Plus all the goofy blue and green tints on ML cards is just silly.

Yawn.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    So, is anyone going to buy any boxes of this stuff? I went ahead and pre-ordered 2 boxes. I'm just going to build the 250 card set and could care less about the autographs right now (unless I hit a Harper, of course).
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    Someone bought two packs in my store this afternoon and pulled a Bryce Harper red tint jersey card #/99. He usually keeps everything he pulls, but I tried to convince him that he should sell it on eBay and cash in on the hype and the new product release bump; I told him he could easily get at least $125 for it based on eBay stats.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    Wow! I can't wait to not buy his crap.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    Jim

Lets make a trade right now, Ill send you:

nothing

and you can send me

everything you don't open of this crap.

deal?

Thanks
    Waalt
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    wow, way to kill a good product.

You said it!!
  • Options
    Well I broke down and bought a case of this, Blowout Cards had a special. All in all a fun break, lots of autos and relics of guys I don't know. But I did pull this well known players auto, #4/25image
    A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
    Yogi Berra

• Options
    Nice hit, now go open up your eBay window and post this card up. Im sure it will pay for your case. I cant see his cards going much higher.

Again nice it!
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    I think i am the only idiot doing the set and i still need sps image

By the way nice pull on the Harper..
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>I think i am the only idiot doing the set and i still need sps image

By the way nice pull on the Harper.. >>

I'll send you everything I ripped (6-7 packs) for the price of postage. PM me if you want me to send a list.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    thank you for the offer but at this point i just need sp's
  • Options
    Thanks guysimage I put the Harper and others on the BST all ending today on ebay.
    A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
    Yogi Berra

• Options
    If anyone has sp's for this set pm me.

I still need about 20 of them ,,,
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    What #s you need George? I busted a box of this and never bothered to sort them. If I have anything, they're yours
  • Options
    Mike thank you, i need numbers # 202,209,211,219,220,223,224,226,233,235,238,243,249.
    I'm crazy for even doing this stupid set.
  • Options
    Any one else? I am still looking for sp's #'202 /209 /211 /219 /220 /224 /226 /233 /235 /238 /243 /249
  • Options
    I know it's a long shot but i am down to 4 sp's to complete this set 211 Harper 219 224 238
    If you can help please let me know.
  • Options
    bought some of this today. Not bad for the low price. If anyone needs anything let me know.

• Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a checklist of what are the Green .......Red.........and Blue Tints in this set ! Would really appreciate any leads you can give me ! Thanks !
    Robbie
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    Does anyone have a checklist of what are the Green .......Red.........and Blue Tints in this set ! Would really appreciate any leads you can give me ! Thanks !
    Robbie

I know that would be cool to have.
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set