Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Scan your scariest card for Halloween.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    How about the one with the ghost of Mickey Mantle in the background?

...or the one with the ghost of Abe Lincoln?

Scary stuff!!!
  • detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭✭
  • saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

From T30. These ships set sail in 1845 to complete the first crossing of the Northwest Passage in the Canadian Arctic, but it was not to be.... "Both ships had become icebound and had been abandoned by their crews, in total about 130 men, all of whom subsequently died from a number of causes, including hypothermia, scurvy, and starvation while trying to trek overland to the south. Subsequent expeditions up until the late 1980s, including autopsies of crew members, also revealed that their shoddily canned rations may have been tainted by both lead and botulism. Oral reports by local Inuit that some of the crew members resorted to cannibalism were at least somewhat supported by forensic evidence of cut marks on the skeletal remains of crew members found on King William Island during the late 20th century."

• vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How about the one with the ghost of Mickey Mantle in the background?

>>

the other guy is scarier
  • Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭

<< <i>image >>

Winner
  • Yikes:
    Collecting Pre-War, Pre-War HOF Types, Pre-War Postcards
  • twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • JohnnyDJohnnyD Posts: 521 ✭✭

<< <i>image >>

Is this Popcorn Girl's dad?
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    '61T Mel Roach.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>'61T Mel Roach. >>

Does not look THAT bad!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>'61T Mel Roach. >>

Does not look THAT bad!

image >>

It might not be so bad when it's been safely caged behind a wall of plastic. But try stumbling across that beauty when you're thumbing through a stack of raw '61 commons and you'll see what I mean. It never fails to jar me.
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • image This guys eyes make him look like a zombie
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i> This guys eyes make him look like a zombie >>

YOU try pitching for the 70-71 Padres and see what YOUR eyes look like, mister!!
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>From T30. These ships set sail in 1845 to complete the first crossing of the Northwest Passage in the Canadian Arctic, but it was not to be.... "Both ships had become icebound and had been abandoned by their crews, in total about 130 men, all of whom subsequently died from a number of causes, including hypothermia, scurvy, and starvation while trying to trek overland to the south. Subsequent expeditions up until the late 1980s, including autopsies of crew members, also revealed that their shoddily canned rations may have been tainted by both lead and botulism. Oral reports by local Inuit that some of the crew members resorted to cannibalism were at least somewhat supported by forensic evidence of cut marks on the skeletal remains of crew members found on King William Island during the late 20th century." >>

Ok, if you're naming your two explorer ships "Terror" and "Erebus" (God of Darkness), you're just asking for it!
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image This guys eyes make him look like a zombie >>

Alien eyes!!

• << <i>YOU try pitching for the 70-71 Padres and see what YOUR eyes look like, mister!! >>

What are you talking about? Here is their opening day line up in 1970:
    Tommy Dean SS
    Van Kelly 3B WHO??
    Ollie Brown RF
    Nate Colbert 1B
    Cito Gaston CF
    Jerry Morales LF
    Dave Campbell 2B
    Chris Cannizzaro C

And with a starting staff that included Al Santorini, Pat Dobson, Clay Kirby, and Mike Corkins that should have been good enough to win 1/3 of their games
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak

TEBOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭
    It'd seem a shame not to include this guy...

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

• << <i>image >>

Haha, I was waiting for someone to post a DiMaggio card...
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭
    I lack what it takes to post , but Steve Bilko 1961 Angels is my favorite.---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell