Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mantle Card Question

I have a Mickey Mantle 1964 Topps Giant with autograph.
Any suggestions on authenticating?

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At very least have autograph authenticated. I would use PSA. If card is is near mint or better condition, get card graded as well. SMR on an 8 is $120.00. If card is EX or less the only meaningful dollar value is the autograph.

Good luck!

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Wow nice piece, if that is in mint condition with an auto double wow.

Get us some pictures!
  • Options
    will try to figure that out.
  • Options
    Knowing the card and autograph are the real deal because I obtained it from Mantle. Also a Koufax auctioned off at 30K+
    I would put this at:
    PSA 10: 20%
    PSA 9: 75%
    PSA 8: 5%
    What do you think a dedicated Mantle collector might pay?
    I have to think it is an extremely rare piece. Possibly one of a kind.
    Any thoughts?
  • Options
    well...probably not worth as much as I would like.
    Oh well, still glad I came across it.
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Auto'd cards of Mantle are very common, less some of the very early Topps and Bowman cards from the 50's.

1964 Topps Giants are also very common.

Mantle perhaps signed hundreds, if not thousands of cards (including 64 Topps Giants) during the show boom in the 1980's.

There's one PSA/DNA authenticated one on E-bay right now with a BIN of $345 with no takers. The sig is horrible on that one.

A nicer one recenlty sold for a B/O of around $260. If yours is a nice sig., on a nice card (centered, sharp corners, etc.), you may be able to fetch $300 for it if authenticated.

Would love to see a scan. Not trying to dissapoint, but highly unlikely it is a 10, or even a 9 or 8. These big cards get banged up easily and the slightest wear on the corners is much easier for the graders to see for some reason.

Bob

• Options
    Thanks. Your assessment is most likely very accurate.
    I will attempt to get a scan in here soon.
    Also found a real nice 51 Bowman Jackie Jensen and 79 Ozzie Smith among other cool stuff.
    Not a bad day in the attic.
  • Options
    slab it
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    It's a nice card, but Mantle auto'd '64 Topps Giants are not even remotely close to being one of a kind.
    Collecting Pre-War, Pre-War HOF Types, Pre-War Postcards
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Check out the last page of the SMR inside cover...They have a pic of a 64 giant Mantle signed.