Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

problem with gai grading

I haven't used gai to lookup graded card for a while. For some reason, a lot of the serial number that I entered aren't found in their database. These serial numbers are from older slabs. Is anybody else having the same problem?

Comments

• Options
    same issue with older packs that start with 102...
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>same issue with older packs that start with 102... >>

They probably want no part of those 102s in their database. They just wish that whole range would melt away.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options

<< <i>

They probably want no part of those 102s in their database. They just wish that whole range would melt away. >>

Like several PSA slabs with dodgy labels ... image
  • Options
    Alert, why are 102's bad? I recently picked up a 59 Topps baseball cello with the old flip....but it starts with 102....oh cra*
  • Options
    not only does 102 doesnt show up on their database, but 103 also doesnt show up on their database. bking, why are 102 and 103 bad?
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>not only does 102 doesnt show up on their database, but 103 also doesnt show up on their database. bking, why are 102 and 103 bad? >>

I'm far from the biggest expert on this, but apparently the 102xxx packs were graded during the tenure of someone who didn't know a resealed pack when he saw one. Search here for 'GAI' and 'resealed' and start reading the whole sordid tale.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    So based on what you know, only graded packs that start with 102 are bad? What about graded single card that starts with 102 or 103. I'm looking into buying a gai graded jordan fleer rc. A few of the ones I saw on ebay either starts with 102 or 103. Do you have any info on graded single card that starts with either 102 or 103?