Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

3000th Hit Tickets

Anyone know what 3000th hit tickets are worth? I've got three:

Rod Carew PSA 8 (8/4/85)
Tony Gwynn PSA 9 (8/6/99)
Cal Ripken PSA 10 (4/15/00)

Anyone interested in these?
Successful transactions with: vintagetoppsguy, packman, barndog, Big80s, MurphDawg, BrackAttack, mealeworm, Publius, Whiteshoes, bigredone, rube26105, ledsters, reelinintheyears, digicat, themetalsign, OSClabs, 1420sports, bighurt2000, MeteoriteGuy, lsutigers1973, skier07, Machodoc, gameusedhoop, tennesseebanker, Downtown1974, CGeorge, Salinas, corvette1340, lbcoach20, initialD, IJustLoveCards, TedSimmonsFan, Goldlabels, Lothar52, bigred1, Bosox1976, itzagoner, svtPONY95

Comments

• Options
    Depends if they're stubs or full unused/unripped. I'd imagine if the Ripken is full you could sell it for quite a bit.
  • Options
    mandeldmandeld Posts: 350 ✭✭
    They are all full / unripped.
    Successful transactions with: vintagetoppsguy, packman, barndog, Big80s, MurphDawg, BrackAttack, mealeworm, Publius, Whiteshoes, bigredone, rube26105, ledsters, reelinintheyears, digicat, themetalsign, OSClabs, 1420sports, bighurt2000, MeteoriteGuy, lsutigers1973, skier07, Machodoc, gameusedhoop, tennesseebanker, Downtown1974, CGeorge, Salinas, corvette1340, lbcoach20, initialD, IJustLoveCards, TedSimmonsFan, Goldlabels, Lothar52, bigred1, Bosox1976, itzagoner, svtPONY95
  • Options
    As of today their are 608 Ripken tickets grade for this game and 504 of them are 10s.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Depends if they're stubs or full unused/unripped. I'd imagine if the Ripken is full you could sell it for quite a bit. >>

Since the Twins sold unused tickets after the fact, I would actually imagine the population of un-used tickets to that game surpasses the population of tickets actually torn at the turnstile that night.

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

<< <i>Depends if they're stubs or full unused/unripped. I'd imagine if the Ripken is full you could sell it for quite a bit. >>

A ticket graded 10 in a Beckett holder recently went UNSOLD on eBay for only $16.99

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    mandeldmandeld Posts: 350 ✭✭
    That's rough on the Ripken ticket. Anyone seen any sales on the others?
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    A 3000 hit or a 300 win game is a very predictable event. Many tix are horded in unused condition.

A perfect game, 4 HR game, etc. is a different story.
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A 3000 hit or a 300 win game is a very predictable event. Many tix are horded in unused condition.

A perfect game, 4 HR game, etc. is a different story. >>

Sorry, I respectfully disagree. Although 3000 hits, etc are somewhat predictable, they are still collectible. Anyone want Mark Cameron's 4 HR ticket? Not me.

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Since the Twins sold unused tickets after the fact, I would actually imagine the population of un-used tickets to that game surpasses the population of tickets actually torn at the turnstile that night.

IMF >>

I agree. Stadiums have been selling unsold tickets to many recent milestone and unforeseen record games, like perfect games and no hitters. It's really a shame. Tickets to sold out games (like Cal's 2131 game) are more rare in PSA 10 condition than tickets like the ones from perfect games.
  • Options
    Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    I have been collecting 3000th hit tickets for a few months now.

I'm not an authority on it, but based on my watching auction prices and buying a few tickets here's my guesses:

Cal Ripken PSA 10 (4/15/00) - For whatever reason there are fistfuls of 3000th cal ripken tickets available. If it's a box seat or something it might be worth a bit more. For a regular ticket, they seem to be selling in the $10 range if they are not signed and for about $50 signed. That's about what I paid personally for my tickets. With psa 10 maybe slightly more, but probably not more than $15.

Tony Gwynn PSA 9 (8/6/99) - These are common enough, not as common as the Ripken ones but can be had easily. I believe I played about $10 for a regular ticket and $30 for a fancier box seat type ticket.

Rod Carew PSA 8 (8/4/85) - I think this might be worth a bit more, and if you're interested in selling it you could PM me I may be willing to buy it from you. I haven't seen a huge number of examples of this ticket come up since I've been watching, but here's one where the ticket (probably around a 7 or 8) went for $66 bucks: 310282720458

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Beckett graded 10 ticket relisted

Ripken !0
  • Options
    minnesotahuskerminnesotahusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

IMF >>

I was at that game and am still po'd to this day. The batteries in my camera decided to take a crap right before he got his 3,000th. So I was not able to capture the moment like I wanted to. As we left the stadium, we were given 8x10 cards that said something to the fact that I was there for his 3,000th hit. I ordered some from the Twins afterward (like mentioned above). If I remember correctly, the Twins mailed some other 8x10 card with these ordered tickets. I'll have to find these after I move.

• Options
    In the grand scheme of tickets vs baseball cards, tickets are MUCH rarer. Think, a ticket is 1 of 55,000. Yet a RC of say Griffey, there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i> A ticket graded 10 in a Beckett holder recently went UNSOLD on eBay for only $16.99IMF >>

The ticket your referring to is a BCCG plastic encased,,,, try not even thinking thats "graded" at all its a mass market "protective" piece of plastic
    with minimal reviews done for mass production sales to the general public with no experience,,,,

Used to sell to people who wouldn't know what PSA/DNA is ,,,,,,,,,,,, or any other TPG for that matter >>

ABSOLUTELY
  • Options
    currently, there are five PSA 10 Ripken 3000th hit tickets on eBay ranging in starting prices from $50 to $499

I'll watch to see what activity takes place.

IMF
  • Options
    ghooper33ghooper33 Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭
    Fun post to read. I have toyed around with making a nice display piece with the tickets, but I have almost given up looking for a Palmeiro and Biggio 3000 hit ticket.
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
  • Options

<< <i>Fun post to read. I have toyed around with making a nice display piece with the tickets, but I have almost given up looking for a Palmeiro and Biggio 3000 hit ticket. >>

I don't think Palmeiro and Biggio tickets are that hard to find.

• Options
    A Ripken 3000 ticket went for a ridiculous LOW price and it was a PSA 10:

Ripken 3000 Ticket PSA 10
  • Options
    the Ripken PSA 10 ticket with a starting bid of $55 on eBay finished with no bids

IMF