Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Patience Occasionally pays Off as well as 50% Off SMR!!!

Morning,

Had two cards (1960 Fleer Football #20 & #128 MINT 9) in my store that I got one of those 16 month reminders from E-bay a couple of months ago, that I might want to Re-Think it, 16 months with no action. They were a part of a large lot purchased a long long time ago, and I had nothing into these anymore after having sold the rest of the deal off.

I had listed them to begin with at well below VCP/SMR but couldn't get any of the Registry owners to bite (And have had them at %50 off, off and on for a year). This morning I decided I would list them this Sunday at auction, starting at .99 cents, whatever I get, its better than nothing!!!

Just now somebody goes in and buys them, Both !!!! 18 months after listing!!!!!!!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    That's because eBay rocks!!!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I gotta get me one.

Good for you.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Auctions are dead.

Chaz

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Perhaps it's the hobby that's dead and not auctions?? >>

Oh no!! Don't say that!
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    I thought I was the only one on the planet that didnt like "buy it now". I will use this option to buy a card, but if an auction is available with same card, grade, look etc. Its always auction first. Same goes for free shipping. I dont like it. Shipping is never free. Or at least when I ship something, the post office has always asked for money. But it is cool you was able to sell them that way, especially both at same time in that manner!
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    I've notice something similar. Seems like if I have something that doesn't sell on a "buy it now", it usually does when I convert to an auction.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    PlayBallPlayBall Posts: 463 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've notice something similar. Seems like if I have something that doesn't sell on a "buy it now", it usually does when I convert to an auction. >>

I don't think they actually made it to auction. The BIN's were hit just before they were listed.

Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I've notice something similar. Seems like if I have something that doesn't sell on a "buy it now", it usually does when I convert to an auction. >>

I don't think they actually made it to auction. The BIN's were hit just before they were listed. >>

Hi Bernie!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that is correct, BINS hit while going to Auction was still in my head...Very pleased!!

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since so many ignore BIN, you may have gotten just as much or more if you would have auctioned it. I've experienced that. Of course, I've experienced the opposite too. I can't stand it when something just sits there and sits there with no action. After about a month, I move it to an auction. I rarely use BIN.

Congrats, though.

Shane

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Morning,

Had two cards (1960 Fleer Football #20 & #128 MINT 9) in my store that I got one of those 16 month reminders from E-bay a couple of months ago, that I might want to Re-Think it, 16 months with no action. They were a part of a large lot purchased a long long time ago, and I had nothing into these anymore after having sold the rest of the deal off.

I had listed them to begin with at well below VCP/SMR but couldn't get any of the Registry owners to bite (And have had them at %50 off, off and on for a year). This morning I decided I would list them this Sunday at auction, starting at .99 cents, whatever I get, its better than nothing!!!

Just now somebody goes in and buys them, Both !!!! 18 months after listing!!!!!!!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage >>

I'm curious. How did VCP compare to SMR?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Morning,

YeeHahimage

Neilimage >>

I'm curious. How did VCP compare to SMR? >>

Morning,

18 months ago when I put them up in my Store, VCP was much higher, but I doubt there have been any Sales of those specific two cards, or if there have been, probably for much less, just like everything else.

Neil