Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

eBay Buyer to Block: harrybond1965... extortionist who plays the system well

I recently had a transaction go extremely south, with an absolutely awful buyer who I'm sure you'll want to block after reading a bit about him. Here is the thread on the US Boards
JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What an ass.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    D-bags like this buyer drove me off eBay as a seller. I'm sorry to see this happen to you, Jeremy.
  • Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
    Honest mistake your end. The grade is obvious on the clear slab picture. Extortionist... blocked.
  • Options
    I don't sell much on ebay, but I sure don't need that kind of hassle when I do.

Blocked, thanks.
  • Options
    As I said on the US boards, I am so steamed at this c**k sucker on your behalf! May he get in return, 20 times more aggravation for 2011! What a POS!!!
    Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭✭
    So you initially offered a $150 discount on the $370 realized value for this superb 1/4 kopeck, and he still wasn't happy and demanded a full refund, and keep the coin? image

You've mentioned in the other thread that the ebay rep was great, but his hands were sort of tied. So, how exactly was he helpful?
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is very bad indeed. I had a guy buy a slabbed piece from me, crack it open resubmit and when he did not get his desired grade ask for a refund. He threatened negative feedback and all so I gave him a certain $ amount back.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You've mentioned in the other thread that the ebay rep was great, but his hands were sort of tied. So, how exactly was he helpful? >>

He was helpful in that he clearly explained everything, and I could tell he understood where I was coming from. So often, I'm used to call centers where the reps just read off a script and seem like they have no idea what you're saying. While this rep's hands were tied, we had a real conversation and I left it feeling like no stone was left unturned, and that if any further problems arose, they had nothing to do with the rep not doing his best.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What an ass. >>

Agreed...He's added to my block list.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for warning us about this one. Sorry you had to deal with this mess.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    Blocked. Thanks for the warning

Successful BST transactions with:CollectorsCoins, farthing, Filacoins, LordMarcovan, Duki, Spoon, Jinx86, ubercollector, hammered54
    LochNess and ProfHaroldHill

• Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Yes, what a piece of garbage. Blocked, blocked, blocked.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to ask this, but how do I block this clown? I never had to block anyone before, but this guy gives me the creeps.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Just search "block buyer" on ebay's search engine under help. That's how I go about it.
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    Blocked.

I hope he likes that 1/4 kopek, because it'll be the last coin he buys from anyone on this forum.