Home Sports Talk

Only 100 Days Until Pitchers/Catchers Report

IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭
proceed as usual
Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.

Comments

• HallcoHallco Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is having a snowball fight with pitching great, Randy Johnson, a bad idea??? image
  • stevekstevek Posts: 28,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm already looking forward to the 2011 MLB season.

• << <i>I'm already looking forward to the 2011 MLB season. >>

I'm not. My team never has a chance anymore.
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I usually get the itch around mid January
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I usually get the itch around mid January >>

I got the itch now
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 28,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm already looking forward to the 2011 MLB season. >>

I'm not. My team never has a chance anymore. >>

I hear ya because the Phillies had some teams that used to be that way...but to me it's also about being around the turning point of the hard part of the Winter, and the anticipation of a wonderful Spring, a renewal so to speak, with all of its beauty and of course including Major League Baseball.
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I usually get the itch around mid January >>

wow only once a year. that defines medical logic. once you have that itch down there it usually stays.

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting thread.

How about we have all professional sports, college sports and high school sports simply pay year round.

The World Series in baseball finished on Monday evening. If it has gone 7 games, games 6 and 7 would have been played on Wednesday and Thursday. MLB could simply say that spring training for the next season begins the day after game seven of the World Series.

NFL could open training camps the day after the Superbowl is played the first week in January.

The NBA could open training camps the day after the NBA Championship is decided in the last week in June [doesn't the NBA do this anyway?image (sure seems like it)].

Lengthen the preseason training camps by a month and then start the new regular season.

Make the MLB regular season 242 games; make the NBA regular season 122 games; and make the NFL regular season 32 games. Expand the post season playoffs also. Add more teams to the playoffs.

For college football and college hoops do the same thing. Adopt a D-I football playoff system that allows the top 32 D-I schools to participate in a 5 week playoff. Make the regular season 20 games long. For hoops, open the NCAA D-I tournatment to every D-I team, regardless of record and play the March Madness tournament in February and March.

Doing the above will give the fans [like those in this thread who itch for spring training] what they want and deserve, namely year round entertainment from their favorite sport.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm already looking forward to the 2011 MLB season. >>

I'm not. My team never has a chance anymore. >>

I hear ya because the Phillies had some teams that used to be that way...but to me it's also about being around the turning point of the hard part of the Winter, and the anticipation of a wonderful Spring, a renewal so to speak, with all of its beauty and of course including Major League Baseball. >>

at least the Phillies have money to spend on players.