Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Gretzky Upcoming Mail-In Signing TBA...UPDATE: Prices Announced

I seem to have missed this event the past couple years and just got an email saying that Gretzky Authentic will be having their annual mail-in signing TBA in October. If I remember correctly it's a bit pricey, but it is (I believe) the only public signing he does anymore and goes to charity. Good chance to get personalized autos or other unique items signed. I know a few people here were interested in this before, so here is the heads up: Gretzky Private Signing TBA

I'll be getting a personalized puck and need 5 stickers in my '81 TTM project signed, ouch.

Comments

• Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Any idea what getting a card signed will cost?
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I can't remember to be honest. Another member here sent one in last year and I think it was $150-200 (overpriced IMO).
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Yeah... that's too much. I was thinking $75-100 would get me to pull the trigger.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    I have so many Gretzky autographs and never paid for a single one. He has always been one of the most liberal signers I have ever run across. Of course I have been to many many hockey where he played or coached and I have always known the places to hang out to get the autographs. Kind of funny since I don't really go for the autograph thing but I have had kids with me many times that I have helped get the autos.
    I did enjoy getting his auto on my ticket the night they retired his jersey at the Staples Center.
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    $75-$100 would be fair, but he gets away with it because there are people with specific items that need to signed.

I can't remember the last time a signed PSA/DNA card of his (outside his rc) broke $150 on eBay. millcreeksports has quite a few on eBay at the moment for $59 BIN PSA/DNA. I do hope the Gretzky camp realizes that $150-200 for a signed card is too high, but I doubt they will. I'm interested in seeing the price structure when it is announced.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$75-$100 would be fair, but he gets away with it because there are people with specific items that need to signed.

I can't remember the last time a signed PSA/DNA card of his (outside his rc) broke $150 on eBay. millcreeksports has quite a few on eBay at the moment for $59 BIN PSA/DNA. I do hope the Gretzky camp realizes that $150-200 for a signed card is too high, but I doubt they will. I'm interested in seeing the price structure when it is announced. >>

I don't think Gretzky needs the money, and I think, like a lot of other sports celebrities, he's willing to sign for a premium price to help collectors while also helping his Foundation et al. But there is no compelling rationale for Wayne to lower the price in order to spend more time signing. He's comfortable -- he gives back to the sport in myriad ways, he is a nice guy, and the status quo tends to be an all-around win.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options

<< <i>I have so many Gretzky autographs and never paid for a single one. He has always been one of the most liberal signers I have ever run across. Of course I have been to many many hockey where he played or coached and I have always known the places to hang out to get the autographs. Kind of funny since I don't really go for the autograph thing but I have had kids with me many times that I have helped get the autos.
    I did enjoy getting his auto on my ticket the night they retired his jersey at the Staples Center. >>

It would be great to get a few stickers signed in person. Even better after watching him play image

A few years ago I started saving for his annual fantasy camp. Got to about $4,000 when I needed to use the money for tuition. .....One day.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>$75-$100 would be fair, but he gets away with it because there are people with specific items that need to signed.

I can't remember the last time a signed PSA/DNA card of his (outside his rc) broke $150 on eBay. millcreeksports has quite a few on eBay at the moment for $59 BIN PSA/DNA. I do hope the Gretzky camp realizes that $150-200 for a signed card is too high, but I doubt they will. I'm interested in seeing the price structure when it is announced. >>

I don't think Gretzky needs the money, and I think, like a lot of other sports celebrities, he's willing to sign for a premium price to help collectors while also helping his Foundation et al. But there is no compelling rationale for Wayne to lower the price in order to spend more time signing. He's comfortable -- he gives back to the sport in myriad ways, he is a nice guy, and the status quo tends to be an all-around win. >>

I agree 100% with your post. While $150-$200 is high for a signed card, it helps both his foundation and collectors seeking specific items signed. For my wallet I hope the price is lowered, but I highly highly doubt it will as you have said there is no compelling rationale for him to do so. I don't have an issue with that price range and am thankful he even offers such events.
  • Options
    I have some sticks I need to get signed. Hopefully the prices won't go up from last year.

I wonder if WGA would offer a discount like BBCE if we got enough items signed.
  • Options

<< <i>I have some sticks I need to get signed. Hopefully the prices won't go up from last year.

I wonder if WGA would offer a discount like BBCE if we got enough items signed. >>

Never hurts to ask -- I sent an email to his staff and will update when I get a response.
  • Options
    Pricing Chart
    ITEM INDIVIDUAL ITEM WG AUTHENTIC
    6" McFarlane Bobble Head $99 $99
    12" McFarlane Bobble Head $99 $199

8 x 10 photo $199 $209
    Pucks $199 $209
    Cards $199 $209

11 x 14 photo $229 $239
    Magazines $229 $239
    Cereal Box $229 $329
    16 x 20 photo $299 $299

Sticks $349 $549
    Gloves $349 $549
    Helmets $349 $549
    20 x 24 photo $349 $399

Jerseys $399 $799
    Numbers $399 $799

500 Goal Lithograph $299 $349
  • Options
    I'm going to skip on the stickers for now, but will at least get a puck signed.