Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

If jordan loved the game so much! Why did he quit after every 3peat?

It's obvious he got bored or he thought he was too good. Either way I don't think he should of did that. It only showed his lack of love for the game.

Comments

• Options
    knicks644knicks644 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭
    wow where do you get time to do 34 post a day?
  • Options
    He quit after the 1st 3 peat b/c his dad had just passed away and he wanted to try and play baseball, like his dad had. The second time he knew he was getting old and that was probably the main reason. He came back because he, in my opinion missed the spotlight and did more bad than good to the Wizards.
  • Options
    This ebok guy is seriously an idiot.
  • Options
    2 words... Jerry Krause.
  • Options
    So I guess the love of his dad is less important than the game of basketball? He left cause his dad was murdered and robbed and he wanted to play baseball like his dad did and cause he couldnt deal with not having his father in the arena. And what about Jerry Krause's love of the game? Hes the one that destoryed the bulls. If he hadn't signed Phil Jackson for that last championship (got him to sign a 1 year deal) Michael and everyone else would have left that year instead of the year they finally did leave.
    Always looking to trade for: Good Rookies, Bonds, Boxes, Good GU, Good Autos. E-mail czimme7777@aol.com

The Greatest Players in the History of Pro Football
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    No doubt jerry krause had something to do with it. He owned jordan. He wouldn't even let jordan play basketball in the offseason. Mj never really listened to him like I would never trust a man who don't hold his own word *cough* uwftke26-

Remember that channel for black people uwftke26 ? I think it's called b e t.
  • Options
    Oh, so you're a racist too! What a charmer!
  • Options
    Ok if he did go and play baseball because of his dad.......Then why didn't he hold his word and stick to baseball? The reason he came back was this.......

57-25 season record with him the first 3 peat.

55-27 bulls season record without him while he was playing baseball.

Big diffrence huh?
  • Options
    I'm racist towards who? I'm racist because I said that black channel? I watch that black channel, I watch rap city, My fav baller is kobe. How am I racist you idiot? I was referring to a b e t you made .
  • Options
    What a jack@$$. If anyone on here actually likes this idiot, I invite them to post here.
  • Options
    uwftke26 - the only jacka55 is you. How are you going to call me a racist and then not answer my question? How am I a racist? Will you just leave this board. Nobody cares about you or your baron davis game used cards ok?

Just bounce like tigger from winnie the pooh pooh.

• Options
    Yes, ebok, no one likes me, but you're real popular. Just keep telling yourself that.

By the way, I noticed you don't even bother posting your reference list; wonder why?
  • Options

<< <i>Ok if he did go and play baseball because of his dad.......Then why didn't he hold his word and stick to baseball? The reason he came back was this.......

57-25 season record with him the first 3 peat.

55-27 bulls season record without him while he was playing baseball.

Big diffrence huh? >>

Who do you think lead the team after Jordan left? Scottie Pippin. Pippin said it hisself that practicing with the greatest player in the NBA made him as good as he is. You can see that by his first 3 seasons (if anyone have a Scottie Pippin card with stats on it, look at his first 3 seasons. He improved in every category each season).
  • Options
    auto, who would have a scottie pippen card? image
    My Cards

CU References: 65 and counting

• Options
    no doubt that jordan had impact on pippens game, but he did a hell of a job without jordan don't you think?

People like to compare pippen now to back in the bulls day. He's nowhere near the old pippen. He played good solid years with the bulls and that year without jordan proved pippen could do solo what mj did with both of them in the line up the previous year. I'm not really saying none of this to bash jordan, but I just want people to realize how great that bulls team was even without jordan.

Can somebody atleast admit jordan had help for once?

• Options
    92-93 CHI 81 81 38.6 .473 .237 .663 2.50 5.20 7.70 6.3 2.14 .90 3.04 2.70 18.6 ppg
    with jordan
    93-94 CHI 72 72 38.3 .491 .320 .660 2.40 6.30 8.70 5.6 2.93 .81 3.22 3.20 22.0 ppg
    without jordan

It's obvious pippen had his best year of his career that year jordan left. So can one person answer me how jordan made pippen better when pippen actually played better without jordan? The stats prove it.

• Options
    THiToTHiTo Posts: 1,236

<< <i>no doubt that jordan had impact on pippens game, but he did a hell of a job without jordan don't you think?

People like to compare pippen now to back in the bulls day. He's nowhere near the old pippen. He played good solid years with the bulls and that year without jordan proved pippen could do solo what mj did with both of them in the line up the previous year. I'm not really saying none of this to bash jordan, but I just want people to realize how great that bulls team was even without jordan.

Can somebody atleast admit jordan had help for once? >>

kind of like how Kobe has help?

no doubt the Lakers would be good without Shaq, but they wouldn't win a championship... Pippen couldn't win it alone and neither could Kobe... does this make any sense?
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>92-93 CHI 81 81 38.6 .473 .237 .663 2.50 5.20 7.70 6.3 2.14 .90 3.04 2.70 18.6 ppg
    with jordan
    93-94 CHI 72 72 38.3 .491 .320 .660 2.40 6.30 8.70 5.6 2.93 .81 3.22 3.20 22.0 ppg
    without jordan

It's obvious pippen had his best year of his career that year jordan left. So can one person answer me how jordan made pippen better when pippen actually played better without jordan? The stats prove it. >>

once again... it's the situation in Washington... if Jordan doesn't play, OF COURSE the next best scorer is going to step up and score more points... when u take away the leading scorer, somebody else is going to take those points... in Washington, it's Richard Hamilton and in Chicago, it was Scottie Pippen... but in the end, Jordan made them both better players...
  • Options
    thito- you could say that about anyone even jordan. If jordan didn't have any help he wouldn't of won anything either.

Does that make sense?

Another thing. Jordan played without pippen- did he win anything?

shaq has played without kobe- did he win anything?

Kobe has only played for the lakers and has many years to prove he can win a title without shaq.

Mj will never get that chance again. Shaq probably won't either. So the only people who should be proving they can win solo is shaq and jordan not kobe, because he's only played with shaq so far and hasn;t got the chance to prove himself as #1 option.

Does that make sense?
  • Options
    thito how did jordan make pippen better? Pippen averaged more points without him, better fieldgoal %, WHICH IS VERY KEY when you talk about people making people better, and he averaged more rebounds.

How can you make people better when there points AND fieldgoal % goes up when your gone? You make no sense.

• Options
    Pippen deferred to Jordan, and Jordan drew defensive pressure away from Pippen, which yes allowed him to be a better player. When Jordan left, Pippen picked up some of the slack.
  • Options

<< <i>thito- you could say that about anyone even jordan. If jordan didn't have any help he wouldn't of won anything either.

Does that make sense?

Another thing. Jordan played without pippen- did he win anything?

shaq has played without kobe- did he win anything?

Kobe has only played for the lakers and has many years to prove he can win a title without shaq.

Mj will never get that chance again. Shaq probably won't either. So the only people who should be proving they can win solo is shaq and jordan not kobe, because he's only played with shaq so far and hasn;t got the chance to prove himself as #1 option.

Does that make sense? >>

i never said they didn't need help... of course they need help - it's a team game... but what i'm tryin to say is Pippen and Kobe are replaceable, while Jordan and Shaq are not... if it was Shaq and Iverson, Shaq and McGrady, or Shaq and almost any other top player in the league, the titles would still be there... Kobe is good, but he's not the reason for the Lakers 3 peat... he is PART of the reason, but they still would have won with another player talented player (my opinion...)...
  • Options
    poicked up some of the slack? SOME?

57-25 with jordan

55--27 WITHOUT A MAIN SCORER

that's picking up more that just SOME slack.

• Options
    Thito- kobe replacable by who? Go find me a guy who avg 26ppg 6 rebs 5 assists shooting over 50% taking only 19 shots per game in this years finals.

Kobe replacable is not a opinion- it's hatred.

kobe has avg 31 ppg in the playoffs the past 2 years and takes a back seat to shaq in the finals.

Shaq= has always been outplayed by duncan- go ask any spurs fan who gives them the most trouble.

• Options

<< <i>poicked up some of the slack? SOME?

57-25 with jordan

55--27 WITHOUT A MAIN SCORER

that's picking up more that just SOME slack. >>

so if Shaq retired, u don't think Kobe would pick up his slack? they wouldn't have AS great of a record as they did with Shaq, but i'd bet $$$ they'd still be good... and i'd bet $$$ their record would be just as close as the Bulls without Jordan...
  • Options
    so that only means kobe is good with or without shaq right? Just like pippen was good with or without jordan, but the main thing is---------pippen never avg more than 22 points per game.

kobe has avg 28.2 points being 2 option.

• Options

<< <i>Thito- kobe replacable by who? Go find me a guy who avg 26ppg 6 rebs 5 assists shooting over 50% taking only 19 shots per game in this years finals.

Kobe replacable is not a opinion- it's hatred.

kobe has avg 31 ppg in the playoffs the past 2 years and takes a back seat to shaq in the finals.

Shaq= has always been outplayed by duncan- go ask any spurs fan who gives them the most trouble. >>

people step up in the playoffs... i'm too lazy to find statistics, but i am sure Iverson or McGrady would play just nice along Shaq...

• Options

<< <i>so that only means kobe is good with or without shaq right? Just like pippen was good with or without jordan, but the main thing is---------pippen never avg more than 22 points per game.

kobe has avg 28.2 points being 2 option. >>

10 years ago, it didn't take 28.2 ppg to win... scoring was a lot less and u saw alot more defense...
  • Options
    lmao scoring was alot less? Jordan avg 37 ppg back in the day.

Teams use to avg 130+ points back in the day.

Team now can't even break 100 without busting a sweat.

Your theory is wrong.

No zone defense back in the day either. Which hurts a persons fieldgoal %.

Go ask jordan and go look at his fieldgoal % this year.

• Options

<< <i>lmao scoring was alot less? Jordan avg 37 ppg back in the day.

Teams use to avg 130+ points back in the day.

Team now can't even break 100 without busting a sweat.

Your theory is wrong.

No zone defense back in the day either. Which hurts a persons fieldgoal %.

Go ask jordan and go look at his fieldgoal % this year. >>

ooooo i would love to see proof teams averaged 130+ points 10 years ago... and what made Jordan so good WAS BECAUSE he averaged 37 ppg... lol and your telling me there's better defense in today's games? hahaha, c'mon man...
  • Options
    go ask anyone of knowledge of the game. Teams use to avg way more points back in the 80's than now.

The proof of the bulls record with jordan and without jordan only means one thing.

JORDAN WAS REPLACEABLE aswell.

End of conversation.

• Options

<< <i>go ask anyone of knowledge of the game. Teams use to avg way more points back in the 80's than now.

The proof of the bulls record with jordan and without jordan only means one thing.

JORDAN WAS REPLACEABLE aswell.

End of conversation. >>

lol JORDAN REPLACEABLE?

LOOK WHAT HE DID TO THAT FRANCHISE... look what they were without him and look what they became with him... and sh!t, look at them NOW... his presence changed that team... why don't u try asking anyone with knowledge of the game... they'll tell u the same thing... he's a special player with a special talent... i can't believe u don't comprehend that...
  • Options
    ebok...quit pulling those stats out of your a$s and find some real ones..image
  • Options
    57-25 with jordan

55-27 without jordan

Let me ask you, where were the titles? Oh yea, they DIDN'T GET THEM. And its so obvious that once your top scorer leaves that your next best guy is going to be the next one to go to. You think if Shaq left the Lakers would just score 30 points less a game? Or if AI left the Sixers would score 35 less points a game? They may score a few less, but still other people will be able to take shots and score goals. But some things you may miss about Jordan is the leadership, maybe defensive ability, the ability to win big games, etc etc.
    Always looking to trade for: Good Rookies, Bonds, Boxes, Good GU, Good Autos. E-mail czimme7777@aol.com

imageimageimage
  • Options
    thito what did jordan do without pippen during the 80's? Answer

You act like mj won soemthing without pippen. Jordan was being punked by the pistons in 80's and it wasn't until pippen arrived that he actually won anything period.

Like I said

57-25 with jordan

55-27 without jordan

= Jordan was replacable and the bulls just needed another main guy like SHAQ OR KOBE.

• Options
    You idiot, you are never going to win anything without teammates. But the point is the huge stars dramatically help the team.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    back in the early 80's a final score of 128- 118 was basically the norm. teams like denver with guys like fat lever, alex english and kiki vandeweigh could score with the best of them. just couldn't stop any1. the west was more known for their high scores because of the wide open play back then
  • Options
    amen- everybody knows teams use to average a hell of alot more points back in the 80's with the run and gun style of play.

• Options
    Well, acutually they did use to score a lot more points, but todays game is definitely better, 'Cause without defens Kobe and Jordan would not be burning people. Wait Jordan is too old to be burning people. Shaq actually got to a final when he was with the Magic against the Rockets and Akeem I believe. They lost though, but still. Today's game is better than then. Better players too.
    Please check out this site:

sportscardsheriff.com

Tired of dishonest and bad trades ruining the boards??

Check out SportsCardSheriff.com

We are growing strong.

Check out collectorempire.com for great trading, trivia contests, and charity auctions!!