Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Oak Manufacturing Company - NEED HELP

I have some cards with automobiles from this company based out of California. The cards are probably 6's or 7's.

I have no idea of their approximate value. Are they worth getting graded for $5.00 per card?

Any help would be appreciated,

Greg

Comments

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options

<< <i>image >>

I Agree,

But now the Bad news, if you spend $5 to get them graded, then technically they are worth at least the $5...Right?

If they are the cards I am thinking of...Not!!
    Neil

Pichers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    And your reply is useless because it wastes bandwidth.

The reason why I was asking is because I do not have the cards in hand. I happen to be disabled, and I could not get a ride to see them.

Next time think before you post something inflammatory.
  • Options

Hello to All , Sorry about your disability halfcent ,but lighten up a bit .
    We try to keept his side friendly but fun . Of course peole have different points of view depending on what they collect .
    Is Raz Higinthorpe Yx in an Alpha better than a Horrors of War #1 ...we all know who wins that one don't we ...
    Is Han Solo better than Babe Ruth ? Probably better at weilding a light sabre but i bet Ruth dumps all over him when it comes to baseball .
    I know a lot about sport for someone from the UK .
    Bandwidth , jeepers , if i haven't got my waist width to worry about now i've got the bandwidth .

My knees inflammatory .

How did you guess the grades halfcent ? Were you the previous owner or are they on their way .

Good Luck with the grades .

Yes , they're worth getting graded @ $5 ,why else join PSA .

Mark

No offence meant .

• Options
    OK. It is hard to tell whether or not you're just busting from the tone.

The person who has them has an extensive cache of original material. He knows how to grade.

All is well.

Greg
  • Options
    Maybe this will help. I looked this set up in Chris Watson's NonSport Bible and the Oak Manufacturing Antique Auto set is listed on pg. 655. They are from the 1950's and are very plentifull due to several vending box finds. Per the book NM cards have a value of $2.00 & the complete set of 63 cards books for $140.00.

So IMHO, not worth getting graded.
    30's R Want List:

R73 1933 Goudey Indian Gum - Series 288 - Nos. 118
    Also looking for 1953 Parkhurst & 1953 Quaker Oats Ripley's BION.

If you have any available for sale PM me
  • Options
    Halfcent ,

After reading back i'd take Neils advice and not get the card graded .
    He's an old man and knows a lot more than me .

All the Best .

Mark
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And your reply is useless because it wastes bandwidth.

The reason why I was asking is because I do not have the cards in hand. I happen to be disabled, and I could not get a ride to see them.

Next time think before you post something inflammatory. >>

I posted it because I wanted to see pictures!!! How is this inflammatory? We come here to learn and I have never seen this series.
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!