Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Topps Million $ Giveaway getting expensive

This is how a seller can ruin the enjoyment of an ingenious concept...

MILLION DOLLAR GIVEAWAY, TAKE THESE ONES!

Comments

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    retract, RETRACT!
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    All codes have been USED and still $128.... what the?
    Positive and successful transactions with:
    LeagueLeader; IJustLoveCards; Recbball; msassin; leathtech; lsutigers1973; Bosox1976; Dboneesq; Aric; Bkritz
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow... not sure why it's selling for so much, but how is he ruining the enjoyment of the concept? He probably should have included the word "used" in the title.
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the top 2 bidders are the types that Mr. P.T. Barnum would have loved to see at his Museum.

He could offer them a special price so that they could see the egress.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm sure the top 2 bidders are the types that Mr. P.T. Barnum would have loved to see at his Museum. >>

Beckett lists them at $4 a pop...maybe they pray at the church of Beckett and think they are getting a deal. Still an @$$ way to hide pertinent info in a listing.
  • Options

<< <i>Still an @$$ way to hide pertinent info in a listing >>

I agree, I never read the descriptions on items I buy for hundreds of dollars. Especially those long, complicated, one sentence, all capital letter types right in front of me. image
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Odd, I've thrown the 3 we've received into the trash after redeeming them.
  • Options
    As an obsessive player collector, I will be looking to get the game pieces that picture some of my collected players on them (both Mantles, Yaz, and Schmidt), and it will not matter if the codes are used or not, I will still want the game pieces in any event.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm sure the top 2 bidders are the types that Mr. P.T. Barnum would have loved to see at his Museum. >>

Beckett lists them at $4 a pop...maybe they pray at the church of Beckett and think they are getting a deal. Still an @$$ way to hide pertinent info in a listing. >>

lol...$4 a pop.... ouch... I gave my redeemed ones to my 1 1/2 year old.... I've never seen a kid so happy, he runs all over the house with them and keeps trading them with me and my wife.
  • Options

<< <i>

lol...$4 a pop.... ouch... I gave my redeemed ones to my 1 1/2 year old.... I've never seen a kid so happy, he runs all over the house with them and keeps trading them with me and my wife. >>

Maybe the hobby won't die with our generation!
  • Options

<< <i>Wow... not sure why it's selling for so much, but how is he ruining the enjoyment of the concept? He probably should have included the word "used" in the title. >>

Topps and the MLB exclusive is based on getting kids back into our great hobby....this is definitely one of the ways to keep collectors and especially gain new ones.....can you imagine the look on some kids face when he gets a stack of these for his birthday?....probably the best thing for him since sliced bread.....until he starts to unlock them and the message "sorry" comes up on all of them...lastly, I seriously doubt the bidders are player collectors searching for certain ones......they could post on here and I'd send them mine and I'm sure most everyone else would....the bottom line is the seller is misrepresenting his auction omitting out the word "used" in the title..

Edited to add: yeah, yeah, read the description.....
  • Options

<< <i>they could post on here and I'd send them mine and I'm sure most everyone else would >>

OK, I'll bite.

I'm a player collector--I'd be very grateful if someone would send me the 4 game pieces I need:

both Mantles
    Yaz
    Schmidt

Thanks for your help.image

edited to say: p.s. I'll post to this thread if anyone offers to help.
  • Options
    Many thanks to forum member Johnny D!

Thanks for your Kindness!
  • Options
    Dang, he beat me too it, I just set them aside for you too!