Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1963 Topps McCovey in PSA 9. Any information?

I just got some results back from PSA, and I got a pleasant surprise when this card came back a "9." Population 10/0.

There is NO information on this from eBay or from Vintage Card Prices.

Does anyone have any knowledge of a previous sale of this card. It SMR's for $800.00.

Thanks,

Greg

Comments

• Options
    Don't know which VCP you are looking at.

Latest Auction Prices for: PSA 9 - Average Price: $1,335.97

8/9/09 Memory Lane $1,335.97
    11/14/07 eBay $665.00
    8/19/07 eBay $836.00

EDIT: Ignore the average price. Just uses the last sale since there was about 2 years in between sales. Plus, the Memory Lane sale doesn't account for the seller fees or buyer premium.

EDIT again: The last 9 looks like a bad 8 or a decent 7.

• Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    I'll give you $600 for it.
  • Options
    halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I must have been blind for not seeing that.

The card will probably go up on eBay by the end of the month.

Greg
  • Options
    $650?
  • Options
    Just to let you know we do add in the Auction hammer fees on VCP.
  • Options
    Corvetteman,

Don't play that haggling game with me. I represent clients who want their cards placed in a true, no reserve auction starting at $0.69. My eBay is "gynandroidhead," so if you want to bid on it please feel free to do so. This is not a buy/sell board.

Greg
  • Options

<< <i>Corvetteman,

Don't play that haggling game with me. I represent clients who want their cards placed in a true, no reserve auction starting at $0.69. My eBay is "gynandroidhead," so if you want to bid on it please feel free to do so. This is not a buy/sell board.

Greg >>

lol. Thanks, I'm not familiar with auctions.
  • Options
    I bid $655
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    1$ did I win????????
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Corvetteman,

Greg >>

Greg:

The "haggling" was an attempt at humor. Something that is common on these boards. Obviously, you didn't catch the humor, but you may want to relax on the toned replies as it will quickly alienate some potential bidders and insult those that took the time to provide you with the sales history of the card. Good luck with your sale.
  • Options
  • Options
    I did not the haggling was tongue-in-cheek as I do not post that often. I took it for what it was (initially) because last month I asked for some information on commons, and six people tried to pry them from me when I did not even know they were for sale.

Lastly, I do appreciate those digging the auction records. It turned out that I did not follow the right steps as I got it myself when I did.

Regards,

Greg
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I did not the haggling was tongue-in-cheek as I do not post that often. I took it for what it was (initially) because last month I asked for some information on commons, and six people tried to pry them from me when I did not even know they were for sale.

Lastly, I do appreciate those digging the auction records. It turned out that I did not follow the right steps as I got it myself when I did.

Regards,

Greg >>

Greg:

It's actually sort of common for a few to post significantly "under value" offers as a lark when nice cards are posted. It's their way of saying, "nice one!" As per the commons inquisitioners, that's gonna happen, but I'm pretty sure that corvette1340 was joking with his "offers."
  • Options
    I think you need to lighten up a little bit.........You come on here wanting some information, you get your information and Tommy offers you around VCP for the card. Why the harsh brittle approach with Tommy? Also, please dont tell me that VCP is $1100 on that card either, I trust auction houses about as much as I trust a politician.

Regards,
    KrissKriss
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    see you guys at the auction.
  • Options
    $656
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Who's Willie McCovey?
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Toss out the Memory Lane auction....these are results for a key Morrell card:

10/7/09 Mile High $2,178.45
    1/11/09 eBay $2,000.00
    5/30/08 Goodwin $1,390.03
    12/16/07 Memory Lane $14,038.90
    11/4/07 eBay $1,700.00

Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Not sure what Greg did wrong.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    congrats Greg. nice score.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Better get your heart right, itzagoner........grab your paypal, IT. IS. ON!
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    whoa. thy gauntlet hath been threwn. imageimage