Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT 6.5 Earthquake hit my area this afternoon

I was feeling a bit frustrated as my PC had a possible blue screen of death. The Cincy and Jet game was practically over so I went to go drop off my computer and hit the local Costco. I was sitting in my truck and ready to leave and I was rocking pretty heavy in my truck. I still went to town but of course all stores were closed and it was more severe than what I thought. In my house I had a TV come completely out of an entertainment center and my knives were all over my kitchen..... There were other little things that had fell over but all is good here. I did see someone down the street get taken on a backboard and the stores around town were a mess..... I just got power but other parts of town are still out of it.....

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Didn't feel a thing in central CA. Everyone OK there?
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Glad to hear you weren't hurt. Here's hoping for no aftershocks.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I am good. I have not heard too much from around town.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Where do you live? I spent the day in Pasadena and didn't even hear about a quake.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Eureka....260 miles north of San Francisco....I see it made CNN news.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that is scary. Glad to hear you're OK...when I hear stories like this I start thinking about 2012 and the Mayn calendar and the Book of Revelations..maybe I watch too much History channel..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    Glad you're OK. Last one I experienced was in Whittier. IIRC it was a 6.0 in 1987. Been living in Nowhere ND since.
    Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I hope everything is ok with you and your family. I lived in Granada Hills for 30 years and had just over $100,000 in damage from the Northridge Earthquake back in 94. After seeing what an earthquake could do I always use angle brackets or straps to secure tv's and furniture to the wall studs. It's amazing the energy a 6.0 quake has....Let alone what a 6.5 has, which is approx 5 times stronger than a 6.0.

Hang in there.
    brian
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭
    Shasta may be awakening soon.

Good luck with the cleanup.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you're ok. I hope everyone in the area is ok as well.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Glad to hear that you are OK. That HAS to scare the hell out of you.

Hoping everyone that was effected by the quake gets back to normal soon!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.