Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Can anybody help me with this auto'd football?

I picked this up in a collection of stuff and I'm having trouble identifying any of the auto's. There are some scuffs, some of the sigs are faded and it's out of air, but otherwise presents well. Any idea of the team?

Comments

• Options
    I am assuming you want the players identified and not the stripers like Diane who signed it or the other naked hooter girls ?

Looks like the San Francisco Demons of the XFL
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I think it is an Arena League Ball.

John DeWitt
  • Options
    Looks like Diane gave you hugs and kisses on it
  • Options
    Looks like some stupid kids who couldn't catch for shizzle passed it on asphalt.
  • Options
    Looks like some stupid kids who couldn't catch for shizzle passed it on asphalt.
  • Options
    I see John Dewitt

John Dewitt graduated from Vanderbilt in 1993, playing football there as a defensive lineman. After trying out with the San Francisco 49ers, he went back to coach Southside High School, his Fort Smith, Arkansas, alma mater. After a year, he departed for a spot on the Houston Oilers roster and made it in 1995, playing at 260 pounds, about 15 more than he carried in college. 1996 saw him playing football in Scotland. In 1997 he returned to the United States and played for the Nashville Kats, returning to Europe for their 1998 NFL season.

linky

Maybe a Nashville Kats ball.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    WILSON!!!

• Options
    Second photo may show the sig. of Lonnie Turner Jr., who like DeWitt was a 1997 Nashville Kats, which was their inaugural season in the Arena Football League.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    If my guess is right, the girl signatures would be dancers or cheerleaders. We have an independent football team here and their cheerleaders or dancers I guess, are more present then cheerleaders at NFL games.
  • Options
    According to Alicia whoever she signed this for was "hot,wet and naked" at the time it was signed! image
  • Options
    Running backs of the 1997 Nashville Kats:

Terrance Samuels
    Joe Campbell
    Peter Tuffo
    Andy Kelly
    Darryl Hammond
    Guy Howard

Any these sigs. present you can see Lee? Hard to imagine a ball without at least one if a team ball.

If not, might check the 1998 Nashville Kats....will check out the 1985 Oilers and post back in a little.
  • Options
    85 Oilers has no last Sims, none of their Mike's have a last name that would fit that Mike, no Warren Moon or Mike Rozier sig, I can see,....no lead there.

Wonder if I can find where DeWitt played in Europe....
  • Options
    These signatures may fit -

Otmar Simpson # 3
    Eric England # 99
    Mike Kiselak
    Toby Wright
    John deWitt

All are XFL member of the San Francisco Demons
  • Options
    Alright, I quit Lee. I would donate that 10-15 min. to you, but I think it better I charge you an hour of time. My secretary will invoice you.

One last note, if it is a 1998 Nashville ball, and I don't know why it would, DeWitt....my lead, was not on the team....but maybe before the season, at the start, on the bend? ....then it would be a championship ball. They won the AreanBowl or whatever that year.
  • Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    Look for "sol" aka big hock and you could have the rare 1987 cornwall dragons
  • Options
    Okay, I guess John DeWitt played in the Arena league for..

1997 Nashville
    1999-2000 Buffalo
    2001-2003 Los Angeles
    2004 Las Vegas

I would bet one of these teams or the XFL team above. Unlikely the European team noted in bio above I imagine.

Edit to add: I know this is still technically the same hour, but since you have been invoiced....I am going have to start the clock again
  • Options
    Got it! But not year yet, it is a Buffalo Destroyers ball...one of their (1999-?) running backs....Eddie Brown who you can see on the ball as well.
  • Options
    Eddie Brown played for Buffalo from 1999 to 2002, so it is a 1999, the Buffalo's first year, or 2000.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Mark- I'm not seeing any of the names you mentioned (or theHun's for that matter). I'm still at a loss for what this ball is, but at the very least it's been signed by John DeWitt, a journeyman AFL/XFL/NFL Europe offensive lineman, so that's gotta count for something.

Also, my company does not pay for incompleted jobs, so I've given my secretary strict instructions to return your invoices unpaid.
  • Options
    Kelly Sims, played for 1999-2000 Buffalo. Getting there to the year...
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    FWIW, those sigs are consistent with those on my Buffalo Destroyers ball.
  • Options
    Buffalo Destroyers. Eddie Brown, Kelly Sims and John Dewitt
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know much about the football sigs, but it looks like the ball was also signed by the Sunday staff at the Wyomissing hooters.
  • Options
    It is 1999. Jay McDonagh was not on the 2000 team.
  • Options
    1999 Buffalo Destroyers. Also see Tony Kimbrough and John Church
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    So basically I've struck gold.
  • Options
    The girls are Buffalo Bombshells and are "dancers" which is common for all little league football......having dancers over cheerleaders.
  • Options

<< <i>So basically I've struck gold. >>

Not after my invoices arrive.
  • Options

<< <i>Mark- I'm not seeing any of the names you mentioned (or theHun's for that matter). I'm still at a loss for what this ball is, but at the very least it's been signed by John DeWitt, a journeyman AFL/XFL/NFL Europe offensive lineman, so that's gotta count for something.

Also, my company does not pay for incompleted jobs, so I've given my secretary strict instructions to return your invoices unpaid. >>

I can only vouch for the cheer leader signatures - I don't know much about grid iron football. image