Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does this card look trimmed?

I have been trying for a while to add a Rose rc to my collection that I could afford. I just won one on ebay that was just that. I am comparing it to some of the others on there and now I am concerned it is trimmed. Anyone with a good eye take a look and see what you think.

Click here

Comments

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    100% yes

the fact it says 100% authentic and not authentic and unaltered is a red flag
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks a little narrow left to right...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    if that card isn't Min. Size, there ain't no way in h-e-double hockey stix (i love saying that) a dealer who sells other graded material wouldn't already have that in a holder.....that being said, there also seems to be a developing market for high grade, but unslabbable cards.

good luck, it IS a pretty card.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Yes it appears the right side has been hacked.

Also, notice the seller states it is guaranteed authentic? That is a dead giveaway.

IMO you should buy only a PSA or SGC graded card.

If the card was so good why didn't the seller have it in a holder?

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    bbcemporiumbbcemporium Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    I think it looks short T-B. I'm guessing top was trimmed.
    Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"
  • Options

<< <i>Yes it appears the right side has been hacked.

Also, notice the seller states it is guaranteed authentic? That is a dead giveaway.

IMO you should buy only a PSA or SGC graded card.

If the card was so good why didn't the seller have it in a holder?

Steve >>

In all my raw sports card auctions I always say
    Blank card "is guaranteed authentic and 100% unaltered"
    Do you think that's bad (hurts my sale price) or as you say is
    A dead give away?
  • Options
    I don't think it is trimmed, but there is no picture of the back maybe miscut or so far off center, that the best this could grade without a qualifier would be a PSA 4 or 5, or it might come back PSA 4,5 or 6 with a MC or OC.
    The average sale for a PSA 5 is 357.25 psa 6 is 500.00.

So maybe the seller was pretty smart selling it as a raw card figuring it would bring more than a slabbed PSA 6.
    I don't see the card even if the back is fine getting a grade higher than PSA 7OC = PSA 5.

If you wanted a raw card for a raw set it is a nice card, but if you wanted to sub it to PSA I think you spent a little to much. JMHO
  • Options
    It has hardly NO right border.

Plus it is a card that graded brings more then 595.

one last comment, this seller recently sold a PSA graded Ryan rookie so he is well aware

of grading cards.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Using Toolhaus always seems to shed a bit of light image

PoppaJ
  • Options
    Cid No the way you state it is ok, the seller in question only stated it was authentic.

However by stating it is unaltered what would you do if 30 days after a sale a buyer claims it

came back from PSA as altered?

Better to say nothing IMO.

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>It has hardly NO right border.

Plus it is a card that graded brings more then 595.

one last comment, this seller recently sold a PSA graded Ryan rookie so he is well aware

of grading cards.

Steve >>

The 63 rose has more of a border than this PSA 8 oc mick

The card (Rose) would have to grade PSA 7 or higher to bring more than 595 at least according to VCP.

I sell PSA and Raw cards. does this mean because I sell a raw 60 Clemente/whoever that it is altered/trimmed? Some cards bring more raw than slabbed wish I would have cracked out my 54 Kaline Rc (PSA 2) and sold it raw, it brought 81.00 on Feebay. image

Although I personally would not sell a raw 52 Mantle , 63 Rose, 86 Jordan, or 79 OPC Gretzky ( because of so many counterfeits) , another person might, my luck Ebay would pull it. If the seller of the Rose left any money on the table , I don't believe it was much if any.
    My guess is if it was submitted by the seller it came back; min size reg or MC.

PS: I would be more concerned that the 63 Rose was authentic than trimmed. JMHO
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Maybe it goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway)...this card is so often counterfeited and trimmed/altered that it's just not worth buying raw. The hassle factor is much too high.