Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1958 FB graded cello packs for ~ $250...

Two PSA 4 packs of these sold on eBay tonight for $222 & $252.

Are these really only worth that little or am I missing something here? What are the odds of pulling decent cards from a PSA 4 cello pack?

At that price I'd rip one just to say that I have!

Pack 1

Pack 2

Comments

• Options
    bbcemporiumbbcemporium Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    Legit, and if you check his history, he bought them for around $430 each on eBay. At least he made good money on themimage
    Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    That seems like a pretty good price for those packs. The odds of pulling a psa 9 card out of them are slim to none. Those cellos are wrapped so tight that the corners are going to have some sort of damage after all these years. It still seems like a great price for the pack.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exceptional price there...and 1950s cellos were wrapped looser than cellos from the 1970s, so corner damage, while a possibility, is not a foregone conclusion. The grade of the pack itself has little to do with the quality of the cards inside, unless there is moisture damage, etc., so if you're looking to bust open these packs, that is a great opportunity.

Edit: Wow, he took quite a beating on this flip...if I collected football I'd have been all over these...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    What a steal, cellos are the way to go for anything from the 50's. Dang, I missed those!
  • Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    Wow. That is a steal.

Someone did well and I would keep them sealed.