Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Burgundy's gonna make you cry tomorrow and I'm serious......HERE YOU GO, SEE 'EM AND WEEP. 51 BOWMA

Grab a tissue if you're on this forum tomorrow.
Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Will this work?
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    I hate Friday night teases for a Saturday party.
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hate Friday night teases for a Saturday party. >>

I think I'm gonna have to have a 1000th post contest........................
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    This should be good!
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    wake up Burgundy. We're waiting.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got no place else to go, I GOT NO PLACE ELSE TO GO...

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
  • Options
    He's on CST... so we'll give him 8 more minutes since it's the weekend. He obviously doesn't have kids under 5 who get up at 7:00image
  • Options
    I'm waiting....image
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.........He obviously doesn't have kids under 5 who get up at 7:00image >>

Mine is 3, and she's still asleep. image
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I'm bawling right now as I post these. So beautiful. So clean. SO TAPE RIDDEN!@$%#! WHY? WHY? WHY?

These scans show part of a group of over sixty gorgeous '51 Bowmans I got recently in a deal. Almost every single one of these cards is Nm to NM-MT without the tape. Absolutely pack fresh. Just clean stunning cards with the friggin' tape on them. So disappointing.

They are for sale and I'll post the entire list in a bit, but it's loaded with high numbers and some nice stars like Spahn. The upper right corner of the Maglie shows what the cards would look like if you carefully take the tape off. PM me if you're interested, and in the meantime, don't get too broken up over these, it's a tough deal pal. image

Ron Burgundy

Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Your not kidding...the tears are flowing! Very nice looking cards! Just purchased a lot of 52's off the Board which have two tape stain on minty cards!
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i laughed so hard, i cried. image
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm crying here over my Saturday morning root beer! Agghhhh! Nice post RB. image
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Heartbreaking. Is this a case where the tape can be soaked off or will that not work for this type of card stock?
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    Don -

I don't know if that will work or not. I think you can get most of it off but it will probably leave at least a light stain like you see on the Maglie.
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    Here's the complete list of the cards. $2395 in Beckett value, if someone wants them all for $425 delivered PM me. That's a little over 15%, which seems about right since taped cards are usually 5-10% normally and I'm adjusting up for the otherwise blazing condition of these. Tons of stars, minor stars, and high numbers.

Brazile 157
    Hitchcck 191
    Tucker 222
    Wyse 192
    Gene Woodling 219
    Richards 195
    Cox 224
    Lopat 218
    Garcia 150
    Piersall 306
    Maglie 127
    Spahn 134
    Sewell 322
    Al Lopez 295
    Sain 314
    Vander Meer 223
    Richmond 264
    Bankhead 225
    Antonelli 243
    Jethroe 242
    Noren 241
    Goodman 237
    Shantz 227
    Boyer 228
    Rice 300
    Astroth 298
    Crandell 20
    Adcck 323
    Taylor 315
    Mueller 313
    Durocher 233
    Wynn 78
    Dark 14
    Robin Roberts 3
    Moon 261
    Pierce 196
    Owen 174
    Lowrey 194
    Guerra 202
    Whitman 221
    Jeffcoat 211
    Haynes 240
    Grasso 205
    Rice 156
    Robertson 95
    Koslo 90
    Stewart 159
    Diering 158
    Abrams 152
    Church 149
    Heintzelman 147
    Mele 168
    Wight 164
    Terwilliger 175
    Arft 173
    Lithwiler 179
    Kennedy 163
    Kerr 171
    Garver 172
    Groth 249
    Hegan 79
    Barney 153
    Houtteman 45
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    How do you value cards that have tape like this????
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    I know you aren't piecing this one out, but if you ever do (or if the buyer ever does), I'd be interested in the Adc--k and the Dark.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    so is it possible that if you removed the tape that these cards might end up PSA 7ST or 8ST???? or am I being too generous.
  • Options
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I just puked in my mouth
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw these in person, and it hurt me. I died a little that day.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    I want to pull the trigger on these so bad I can't stand it and try to delicately remove the tape and turn them into gradeable cards but I know what the outcome would be and I don't think I could stomach a bunch of ripped '51's.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    This is the type of Whitey Ford 51B that I could afford! I wish you had one.
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Dick Towle, paging Dick Towle...
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would the value of a full 1952 bowman cards range about ex to Exmt but they have the same tap as yours. Any idea?
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Ugh, without the tape they are a too nice for my set. With the tape, not nice enough.
  • Options

<< <i>Ugh, without the tape they are a too nice for my set. With the tape, not nice enough. >>

catch 22? rock and a hard place?