Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Remember the "questionable authenticity" grade I got in my recent sub?

Here it is. Still no clue.

Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    color looks bad.. no??
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Ron & Oak thats what I thought. But I assumed the color was bad due to the scanner. I think RB knows the set well enough that the color of the card is not as we see it on this thread.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Looks to me like the top border isn't straight.
    Typing error resulted in the wrong rejection reason?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Gotta be the color
    The other colors on the card and label look right so maybe it's the purplish color in place of where brown should be

It's probably a legit card with faded colors. If it did grade, the off-color would have knocked it down quite a bit anyway
  • jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    You should stop leaving your cards out in the sun. image It must be the color that is the only reason I can see. I would try resubing it again. I had a 94 SP Arod get rejected for recoloring 3 times before it was put into a PSA 8 holder on the 4th try. I looked my hardest and could not find where they thought it could have been recolored. I thought my Arod was good enough for a 9 but I wasn't going to press my luck and risk having it get rejected again. At $4.50 a card it is worth trying again. Good luck next time around with the resub.
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me the colors don't look right.

Here's a comparison from eBay...Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a magic trick at PSA. This is how they turn one sub into two.
    Mike
  • leadoff4leadoff4 Posts: 2,392
    Agreed... very strange coloring.
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭✭
    A proof card of some sort?
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I've seen the same color problem on a Robin Yount rookie that sat on a dealer's top shelf of a showcase for years under a bright light.

Nick

Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • looks trimmed on left border....you didint pull that right? you got it froma show right?>
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    It was in a ginormous collection I bought.

Agree the color looks weird, kinda like how cards look when lazy card shop owners let them bake in the sun.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Due to the big difference in color I think PSA did the right thing. I don't think they have the resources or time to prove that the color difference was due to leaving it out in the sun for a couple of years. I think they saw a huge color variation outside the norm and rejected it.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Well said
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    It looks like a 7 (SL)

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    There were a lot of counterfeit 1975 topps made, some were known as the "quebec counterfeits" and others were made in cleveland. Is it possible for you to crop the card before you scan, and make a large scan of just the autograph or just the "outfield" inside the baseball? That's usually the way to compare real vs not real.

A lot of the quebec cards said reprint on the bottom of the back, some did not. The colors were off a little on the cleveland ones, some described them as being washed out.
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    even in the scan as is it is very pixilated (spelling)