Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

55 Bowman Mickey Mantle

The Mantle will be graded by psa and sold on ebay. Thanks to all who posted positive comments and helpful information.

Comments

• Options
    Nice card.... get that bad-boy graded.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Maybe a grade has been attempted and did not pass? Or graded less than a 6? I just dont see why anyone would not grade a nice Mantle whether it be by PSA or SGC.
  • Options
    Why not ask me?????? Im more than willing to have it graded. Not trying to hide anything. I just don't have a month to wait or the $100 it takes to get it graded. not everybody's out to screw people over!!!!!!
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Get it graded and IF it grades a 6 or 6.5 I'll gladly pay you 499.

Kirk
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Rob, you're new here and people don't know you yet. We get a lot of new people who come here and try right away to scam people, and so we're a little skeptical when new people have nice cards for sale.

That said, your scan is great and shows a nice card. The back scan shows some things that could be wrinkles, and some people might see them as a reason to not get it graded.

It's easier to understand not getting it graded when you're from canada, since psa and canada doesn't always work out well.

Then on your ebay listing you say "no returns". Raises a red flag I guess.

Maybe ask some of the other canada guys here what they do to get cards graded without spending a month and a ton of $. Getting that card in a 6 slab makes it so much easier to sell and brings you more money.

Anyway don't be insulted, we're naturally on the alert a little bit when somebody new has nice cards they want to sell raw.

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    And thus the multiple question marks. No need to get so defensive. If you answer the questions asked then people can form their opinions.
  • Options
    Check my sets out under robbydee and you can check me out under the user name cardboardjunky on ebay. If the Mantle doesn't sell i'll include it in my next order. Right now i'm sending in tallboys and i don't have 9 other cards to add to the order to make it worth my while so i'm offering it up raw. I offered up my 54 topps Sawchuk the same way raw with no takers and got the same responses. Now the sawchuk has been graded and received a psa-8. Bonus for me and sad for all the people who passed!!!! I'm a seller looking to sell some cards. My name is Rob and hopefully everyone will get to know me and enjoy what i have to offer. The last psa-6 Mantle sold for $568 u.s. it was o/c top to bottom and solied on the back. My Mantle is a better card all around, better centering, great color, focus and gloss and a deal at $499. This card will be graded and sold on ebay when i have the time. Canadian orders take approx 1 month to process. 1 card isn't worth sending in as 1-10 cards has the same shipping charges. $40!!!!! + the cost of shipping to psa + the cost of grading.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.........The last psa-6 Mantle sold for $568............ >>

And 8 out of the last 10 before that anomaly sold for under $400. Only mentioning it since you brought up past sales.
  • Options
    Please point me towards your source as i will buy every single 55 Bowman Mantle for $400
  • Options

<< <i>Please point me towards your source as i will buy every single 55 Bowman Mantle for $400 >>

Here's the VCP data on the card

Player:Mickey Mantle
    Name on Card:Mickey Mantle
    Variation:
    Card Number:202
    Category:Baseball
    Year:1955
    Set Name:1955 Bowman
    Card Size:2-1/2 x 3-3/4
    Number of cards in set:327

Latest Auction Prices for: PSA 6 - Average Price: $382.59
    Listing Type: All Auction Buy It Now Best Offer Show: 2550100All Date Auction Link Price Extra
    7/26/09 eBay Listing $559.00
    7/19/09 eBay Auction $380.00
    6/24/09 eBay Listing $299.00
    6/13/09 eBay Auction $385.00
    5/24/09 eBay Auction $411.00
    2/4/09 eBay $356.00
    1/26/09 eBay $454.99
    10/30/08 eBay $355.00
    10/22/08 Huggins & Scott $373.75
    10/9/08 eBay $345.00
    9/17/08 eBay $379.00
    8/8/08 eBay $405.00
    8/3/08 eBay $431.00
    7/21/08 eBay $418.00
    7/20/08 eBay $600.00
    6/18/08 eBay $480.00
    4/6/08 eBay $415.00
    4/2/08 eBay $355.00
    3/16/08 eBay $351.98
    2/22/08 eBay $362.54
    2/14/08 Mile High $574.58
    2/10/08 eBay $393.00
    2/2/08 eBay $544.01
    1/27/08 eBay $565.99
    1/15/08 eBay $426.00
  • Options
    craiggercraigger Posts: 656 ✭✭
    looks like good supporting evidence to me...
    Currently collecting all sports HOF Rookie Cards graded by PSA...for my sons Jayce & Luke.

Successful dealings with: ChiSoxCardboard,
    lbcoach20, ShootyBabitt, cincyredlegs, pclpads, jwgators, hoopguru33, mphilking, daverat, Hallco, corvette1340, 8irvin8, Pre72, Estil, BigDaddyBowman, al032184. 1966CUDA, gwinny, samspop
  • Options
    Well i guess I should just give the card away as everybody else is!!!! Thanks for all the stats. Very impressive.
  • Options
    craiggercraigger Posts: 656 ✭✭
    it's just a sign of the economy...SMR, etc is out the window...realized prices are all that can be followed...
    Currently collecting all sports HOF Rookie Cards graded by PSA...for my sons Jayce & Luke.

Successful dealings with: ChiSoxCardboard,
    lbcoach20, ShootyBabitt, cincyredlegs, pclpads, jwgators, hoopguru33, mphilking, daverat, Hallco, corvette1340, 8irvin8, Pre72, Estil, BigDaddyBowman, al032184. 1966CUDA, gwinny, samspop
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    I can see how Card Junkie might feel offended,however many collectors just do not get cards graded either for econmic reasons or are not educated in the ways of the hobby.The day will soon come when I will be disposing of all of my card collection going back to the late 40s with only very few graded and many superstars raw.After I retire my 59 topps set that just needs some upgrading I will keep only that set for my Grandson.I certainly hope collectors do not frown on my cards since they will be mostly raw when I begin liquidating.

Tony
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Trust but verify. Once a card has been graded by a reputable Third party it adds value to your product ie cards, diamonds, coins. Im not doubting your observation of the card being a very nice but seeing it on the internet vs in hand is a huge difference.

Good Luck

Kirk
  • Options
    I agree 100% I had the card graded here in ontario by the owner of ksa and it received a 6.5 exmt grade. I took it out of the case for a few reasons. #1. People have a negative opinion towards ksa. i had people tell me i had brought down the value of the card by having it graded by ksa. #2. I didn't want to advertise a ksa card on a psa site. I don't doubt for a second that the grade was accurate. My 54 topps Sawchuk card was graded ksa-8.5 by the same grader and it came back psa-8. Not everybody has to have a graded card but it's obvious that i'm better off having it graded and let the bidders decide its worth. I for one but a lot of un graded cards. That's how it all started and i really enjy it. Rarely do i have problems with raw cards. I try to deal with the same dealers/sellers but lots of times people just want to sell their cards. Anyways I'll have the Mantle graded. Great site with a lot of great advice. I hope to have many dealings in the future.

Rob.