Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1955 topps all americans on the BAY

If you love the greatest football card set ever made, check the BAY for several of my beauties, fresh from Cellos. They are unreal. Here are some samples

Comments

• Options
    bbcemporiumbbcemporium Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    Did you open the cellos yourself?
    Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Awesome as those cards are, there's a forum for eBay advertising

But Sell Trade forum
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    If only there was some place on these boards to sell or spam you cards.

We muct look into this.image
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    we most certainly muct. image

all kidding and ribbing aside, those are some outrageously nice cards.....i can imagine the smile you had as you were pulling these gems from the wrappers.

good luck with the sales and thanks for a vicarious thrill.
  • Options
    macboubemacboube Posts: 336 ✭✭
    Yes, I did open some of the cellos myself. Yes, it was better than SEX. Believe it or not those were just some of the lower grade crap I am offing, Here are just a few examples of the keepers:

imageimage

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    boy they are nice!!!!!!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
  • Options
    macboube i mean this in the nicest possible way......that is friggin SICK. image
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    Good Gawd! image The Four Horseman in a 9 is big $$!

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    wow, that is crazy. Any 1/1s in that group?
    Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"
  • Options
    Man, I don't even care if you are spamming, I want to hear more about these cello breaks. When, where, how? Also, not to be rude or intrusive, how much did the cello packs costs and where did you get them?
    Registry Sets

• Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Some of the nicest ones I have ever seen!
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    That many 10s is amazing
  • Options
    im very curious how much those cellos cost.
  • Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    Where in the world did you find 60 year old cello packs in that good of condition... you can't even pull 10's from 1986 Topps Cello packs!
  • Options
    yes, there are several 1/1's ..........the most prominent by far is the Hutson 10..............but when i get my HORSEMAN 10 at the Natl...................it will be an alltime 1/1.........!
  • Options
    BBC et al:

I have a pretty descriptive explanation on the Set Registry All-American thread from a while ago, but basically, these cellos were stored in original Topps boxes, undisturbed in a closet for over 50 years! Almost as if they were time capsuled as the condition of course is just MINT. Anyway, you should have seen the looks I got from PSA when I first walked into their offices and disclosed what I had.............lots doubts, until Roy, Reza, Joe, etc. glanced at one of the boxes filled with cellos. Yes, they went ape *hit!

Look for some of my stuff on display at the Nat'l with Steve Hart/BBC Xchge, and PSA.
  • Options
    To answer all the inquiries about cost.......................the only cost to date (besides the grading at PSA) was the original cost to the purchaser, who was in the toy business in the 1950's. Yes, he paid approx. 5 cents per pack, as they retailed for 10 cents per pack. These are just some of the ones that never sold back then. He really liked these particular cards so he saved them. He passed away in the mid 1980's, so he sort of got to see the beginning of their extreme rise in popularity and value.

There are usually 20 cards per pack (sometimes "only" 19). Every card possesses GEM MINT qualities in every respect except centering. As you can see, some of those do have the MINT & GEM MINT centering, as well.

Here are a few more 9's for viewing:

• Options
    Holy cow! Nice cards!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    "I want to hear more about these cello breaks".

If you want to hear more I'd search the net 54 archives.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    WT!? I've always seen the 20 card Cello Packs listed in Tuff Stuff, and I've heard about a break or two at the Nationals but Holy Schmokes! All of the cards were like that? I've busted 59 TOpps cellos but I can only hope to find cellos like those one day!
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

A PSA Mint 9 Four Horsemen #68 sold for $10,101 in 2004.....Hutson is a $2,000 card in a 9.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Some guys have all the luck.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    don't hate him cuz he's beautiful.