Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Getting an already graded card re-graded

I have some nice Ken Griffey jr Rookies that were graded gem mints by other companies but i know that PSA sets the standard for grading. Would PSA re Grade cards that have already been graded? Will they remove the card from previous graded holders? Any info is appreciated.
Looking for an 8x10 auto photo of junior celebrating his 100 HR. lmk!

Comments

• Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    i think you are talking about crossovers. they will take a look at your card and if it looks ok they will crack it out and regrade it in a psa holder. you can also put stipulations on there about minimum grades. if it does not meet the minimum grade you requested from a look in its holder they will return it to you the way you sent it in.

rumors abound about crossovers. i have had mixed success. some people like to crack the card out and send it in raw. psa has a hard time beliveing that a non psa card can ever be equal to their standards, so crossovers often get demoted.

• Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Hi Thad,

I totally agree with theczar concerning crossover results. There are some grading companies such as SGC that crossover much better than others like BCCG or Elite. If you feel like posting any photos of your Griffey RCs, I'm sure you'll receive many great opinions from the guys based on their past experiences.

Here's PSA's explanation quoted word-for-word from their submission form:

Crossover Service (Cards) Cards graded by other third-party firms may be submitted in their holders for PSA grading. This service is available under all service levels. PSA will evaluate the card inside the current holder. If PSA deems the card worthy to cross over into the Customer’s specified minimum grade, the card will be removed from its holder and placed into a PSA holder. Customers using the Crossover Service must provide a minimum grade on the submission form.If you are willing to accept any PSA opinion, even if the result is evidence of trimming, questionable authenticity, etc., then write “Any” in the column. It may result in the card being returned unholdered. If you are willing to accept any PSA grade, then put “1” in the minimum grade column.

Good luck and I wish you the best,
    PoppaJ

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't even waste your time or money. Unless you have a
    Bowman Tiffany,Topps Tiffany or Fleer Glossy it probably isn't real
    worth it. PSA is tough on crossovers.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658