Home Sports Talk
Options

Ryan Howard tested positive according to ESPN

Tested positive for overratedness.

My new word, don't use it without permission.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep - Rookie of the Year, one MVP, one runner up MVP in 4 seasons, will be in contention for MVP this year - sounds o'r'edness to me. LOL

• Options
    BA last two seasons: .251 and .268
    K's last 3 seasons: 199, 199, 181
  • Options
    note that you didn't say permission was needed for abbreviations.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    If I was the head grounds keeper at the Citizens Bank Park, I would ask Ryan Howard to alternate his "after strikeout walk" back to the dugout so he doesn't wear a path in the turf. Too much foot traffic will do that to grass. As much as Ryan Howard strikes out, that will pose a problem over time.

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    they could probably have a sidewalk installed for him.
  • Options
    That is funny stuff.
  • Options

<< <i>they could probably have a sidewalk installed for him. >>

• Options

<< <i>If I was the head grounds keeper at the Citizens Bank Park, I would ask Ryan Howard to alternate his "after strikeout walk" back to the dugout so he doesn't wear a path in the turf. Too much foot traffic will do that to grass. As much as Ryan Howard strikes out, that will pose a problem over time.

image >>

That is a good zinger - only a landscaper could conceive of a zinger like that.

and BTW...Shaddap!
  • Options

<< <i>overratedness >>

Who's doing the rating?

Where should he be rated?
  • Options

<< <i>

and BTW...Shaddap! >>

I thought so too Steve image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

and BTW...Shaddap! >>

I thought so too Steve image >>

BTW - Next time the Phillies are playing the Mets - I'm gonna e-mail him your comment, he'll get ticked off, and hit 5 HR's during the series. image
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>BA last two seasons: .251 and .268
    K's last 3 seasons: 199, 199, 181 >>

I do not have a dog in this fight, but any halfway literate baseball fan knows that B.A. is no way to rate a ballplayer. As for strikeouts, they are predictive of performance, but useless in rating past performance. If a guy gets on base and hits for power, his SOs are meaningless.

That said, I do believe he is overrated. He is overrated in the way Jeter is-a good player, just not as good as his reputation.
  • Options

<< <i>That said, I do believe he is overrated. He is overrated in the way Jeter is-a good player, just not as good as his reputation. >>

I thought for a second a fellow Braves fan was arguing with me but I completely agree with the last statement.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I'm not a big fan of power hitters with mediocre averages...From what I've seen in the few Phillies games I have seen is a much improved defensive Howard....Looks like he's really improved defensively. Also, isn't his average up close to 100 points at this point as compared to his previous few season's?

brian