Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

RIP Jack Kemp

Comments

• Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    Very sad--he was a good dude. Check out these bloodsuckers, won't even wait a day...

Kemp eBay auctions NFL_W0QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQdfspZ1QQfposZ27701QQfromZR2QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsabfmtsZ1QQsacatZ651QQsadisZ200QQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZbs[/L][L=null]http://sports-cards.search.ebay.com/Kemp_Football-
  • Options
    intenceintence Posts: 1,255
    RIP
  • Options
    Textnull

Oops here is the link...
  • Options
    TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    Jack Kemp was a class act. One of my favorite politicians. He seemed to genuinely care about people.
  • Options
    Yes--he was a true "compassionate conservative," unlike so many of his Republican colleagues...
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

As of right now 60 items under Jack Kemp. It will be interesting to see how much on fleebay by tomorrow night.
  • Options
    28 in the last hour. Coincidence I think not.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Sad news. May he rest in peace.

brian
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Rest in peace Mr. Kemp. One more reason why we need to find a cure for Cancer.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Just heard on news sitting here, could have sworn they said he played nfl football with someone but didnt catch it.
    rip mr. kempimage
  • Options
    Rest in peace Mr. Kemp

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just heard on news sitting here, could have sworn they said he played nfl football with someone but didnt catch it.
    rip mr. kempimage >>

Most notably in the AFL with Buffalo; I also remember when his son Jeff played with the Phila. Eagles
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

Now less than 12 hours of the news--ebay up from 60 items at 8:30pm last night to 128.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My childhood idol. I recall fond memories of sitting in the Old Rock pile watching Jack lead the Bills to victory on Sunday afternoons. $100 waiver pick up and 2 AFL titles later he is a legend in Buffalo Bills history. First Johhny U. and now Jack. Tough to watch your childhood heroes fall. He was a great man.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    Being from Hamburg Where Mr Kemp was a Congressman, my best memories were Watching him lead Buffalo to 2 AFL Championships in 1964 & 65. Buffalo acquired him for A mere $100, maybe one of the best bargains ever in the AFL
    One of the all-time Favorite Bills players
    R.I.P.
  • Options

24 hours later--up to 209 items on fleebay...was 60 items as of last night same time...
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

I remember Ronald "Ray Guns" and Jack Kemp, "stole the show" in the Republican party.

Heck, they "were the show" back then!

What a "family values" type of guy he was!

Sad to hear the news!

Condolences to all the Kemp family!

rd
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been on a mini-Kemp buying spree for a few months now. Picked up a centered 61 Fleer PSA 8. Also picked up a 65 Topps in a PSA 8 for 1/10 of SMR (it was O/C image, but not by much). IMHO, that tall boy is one of the coolest looking FB cards ever made. Might try and snag an auto'd version.

Maybe I'll get a high and tight hair cut as a tribute. I'm looking more like his official Senate portrait (helmet hair) at the moment.

NAT

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.