Home Sports Talk
Options

A cool bowling story

BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
Thought this was interesting, if only because I bowl with this guy on Friday nights . The rumor is that the Pres. is going to be at Colonial tomorrow to actually bowl a game with Kolan. It would definitely be sweet if that happened, although my suspicion is that it's only a rumor.

Comments

• Options
    Im going to hell because I laughed at the joke. Oh well. Im also a bowler and only slightly mentally challenged.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great story, hopefully it will come to fruition, too!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the Vegas line on the Kolan-Obama game?
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My money is on "Champ" Biden.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    cool story that guy must be good
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options

<< <i>cool story that guy must be good >>

He's nails- and the funny thing is he knows it. Early this year we were bowling against his team. Our team has two lefties (myself and our anchor bowler, we both average in the neighborhood of 210), and Kolan started carrying on about how he was the second best lefty in the league (the best being a freak of nature named Ron Ellis, who has averaged between 240-249 every year for about the last nine years). Our two-bowler looks at him and says 'Kolan, the hell with being the second best lefty in the league- you aren't even the second best lefty on this pair'. Kolan laughs, then tells our two-bowler he's going to blow us up that night just to make a point.

And that's exactly what he does- he goes off for like a 730, and we lose going away. It isn't often that I get it handed to me by a guy with a 50 IQ, but what can I say; he's a fine bowler, he's got plenty of confidence, and he's certainly better than I am.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My money is on "Champ" Biden. >>

" In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>cool story that guy must be good >>

He's nails- and the funny thing is he knows it. Early this year we were bowling against his team. Our team has two lefties (myself and our anchor bowler, we both average in the neighborhood of 210), and Kolan started carrying on about how he was the second best lefty in the league (the best being a freak of nature named Ron Ellis, who has averaged between 240-249 every year for about the last nine years). Our two-bowler looks at him and says 'Kolan, the hell with being the second best lefty in the league- you aren't even the second best lefty on this pair'. Kolan laughs, then tells our two-bowler he's going to blow us up that night just to make a point.

And that's exactly what he does- he goes off for like a 730, and we lose going away. It isn't often that I get it handed to me by a guy with a 50 IQ, but what can I say; he's a fine bowler, he's got plenty of confidence, and he's certainly better than I am. >>

Based on this I gotta guess the line would be Kolan -90
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Boo, this is unreal! Colonial Lanes are you home lanes? Haven't been there in ages, but spent many a night there after softball games at Vet's Park. In fact, watched the Pistons finish off the Lakers on the Cub's AC patio for the title in 1989.

Great story, and I liked the story of your match with Kolan too.

-TOm
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Im going to hell because I laughed at the joke. Oh well. Im also a bowler and only slightly mentally challenged. >>

Sorry, duckpin is not bowling.
  • Options

<< <i>Boo, this is unreal! Colonial Lanes are you home lanes? Haven't been there in ages, but spent many a night there after softball games at Vet's Park. In fact, watched the Pistons finish off the Lakers on the Cub's AC patio for the title in 1989.

Great story, and I liked the story of your match with Kolan too.

-TOm >>

Every Friday, Tom! Come on down one night and look for the blond-haired lefty who's kicking the ball return and loudly reprimanding himself for being a 'f****ng moron. I'll buy you a beer and we can talk about all the people on the CU boards that piss us off.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every Friday, Tom! Come on down one night and look for the blond-haired lefty who's kicking the ball return and loudly reprimanding himself for being a 'f****ng moron. I'll buy you a beer and we can talk about all the people on the CU boards that piss us off.

Better check what time is last call before you start that conversation..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Every Friday, Tom! Come on down one night and look for the blond-haired lefty who's kicking the ball return and loudly reprimanding himself for being a 'f****ng moron. I'll buy you a beer and we can talk about all the people on the CU boards that piss us off.

Better check what time is last call before you start that conversation.. >>

I figure if we start in at 10 pm we can get about halfway through my list before last call, at which time we can buy a couple bottles of Boone's from the adjacent party store and kick it next to the CVS for a few hours.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I figure if we start in at 10 pm we can get about halfway through my list before last call, at which time we can buy a couple bottles of Boone's from the adjacent party store and kick it next to the CVS for a few hours. >>

My guess is that you wont even be through the G's by the time the Saturday morning bagels are ready.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Every Friday, Tom! Come on down one night and look for the blond-haired lefty who's kicking the ball return and loudly reprimanding himself for being a 'f****ng moron. I'll buy you a beer and we can talk about all the people on the CU boards that piss us off.

Better check what time is last call before you start that conversation.. >>

I figure if we start in at 10 pm we can get about halfway through my list before last call, at which time we can buy a couple bottles of Boone's from the adjacent party store and kick it next to the CVS for a few hours. >>

Boo, I may have to take you up on that. I've been meaning to get with you sometime to help me pre-grade some 59 football my dad pulled out of a vending box he found like 20 years ago. But we might want to do that on our second date.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I figure if we start in at 10 pm we can get about halfway through my list before last call, at which time we can buy a couple bottles of Boone's from the adjacent party store and kick it next to the CVS for a few hours. >>

My guess is that you wont even be through the G's by the time the Saturday morning bagels are ready. >>

• Options
    I saw the line on the Kolan-Boopotts game is Kolan -5

I'm expecting a close game for the first 8 or 9 frames, but I'm taking Kolan due to Boopotts reputation of kicking the ball return, while Kolan has the reputation of stepping it up in a big game.