Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Yanks now own sole possesion of AL East and best record in baseball at 47-28....

That and leading the MLB in homers. Injuries are being cleared up; Petite is back, Rivera is back tuesday, and Hernandez is gonna be back soon.

Hey D, better go to MLB.com and vote for some Atl. players for the allstar game. Chipper has the best shot for a Atl. player to go, he's #9 in voting for outfielders. Yanks got Soriano, Giambi, and Posada representing there positions.

I want a late night debate Derrick(like you didn't notice)

Comments

• Options
    lafrentz06lafrentz06 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭
    GO METS

heheimage
    Looking for Raef LaFrentz / former KU Players...
    Refs - MFFL, ejones6, lilsun1, injun01, RichyPF32, TheRockMic13, SMOOTHSHOOTER, TrFstPtch, funnyguy0016, LAdude465, Derrick, Nowizki, Scott2141, Josher416, thematrix31, uwftke26, duncangal, raf12, icon4400, cpandeaz3, Thito, Colton, amfox1, germanjayhawk, fuzz86, battier, awaltz
    ^^Bad Trader??^^
    Neils Card World
  • Options
    yankees still suck
    My References

Marino Card Count: 1134
  • Options
    SkiVermont3SkiVermont3 Posts: 3,053 ✭✭
    GO YANKEES!! WOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    YanksFanYanksFan Posts: 1,305 ✭✭
    Announcers' for the Rockies/Yanks series talked to Ozzie Smith on Thursday, they asked him out of Arod, Nomar, and Jeter who would he pick. Ozzie said you can't make a star a winner, a winner is born with that(Jeter). He said Jeter has had the most spoiled career of any recent player(4 rings). Yankee's on top again!!! But hey, what's new about that image
  • Options
    Yankees SUCK!! Go Expos Go!!
  • Options
    Expos all the way image
  • Options
    Expos used to have a Single A ball club in my town, but that was bought by the Orioles. Yanks are #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    NashNash Posts: 709
    How about rolen and rollins representing their positions over in the NL?
  • Options
    I give props to lil' jimmy, still can't stand scotty.
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 4,287 ✭✭
    Chipper has played in 5 straight All-Star games from 3B and has started 4 of those games, but now they move him to the friggin OF and he doesn't get as many votes! Why? I have no clue. It's not like he's having a bad season. He's still hitting .336, has over 50 RBI's, on pace to score over 100 runs and actually play very well in the OF after having to adjust. Chipper is also hitting around .400 with Runners in scoring position which is near tops in the league. He'll probably walk more than 100 times as well. Oh yeah, we're going to Shea stadium to play the OH SO MIGHTY Mutts...who are in 4th place...makes me laugh everytime I hear that or say that...and Chipper is a career .326 hitter in Shea, and the Mutts are doomed. We OWN the Mutts who are 7 1/2 games back! BWAHA!

Yankees are playing well again, of course. They have a 47-28 record, which is the best record in baseball, but don't get to excited because the Braves are STILL the hottest team in baseball and we're right behind the Yankees with a 46-29 record. Not to mention, Braves have won 21 of 26 and 32 of 40...and have won 9 straight series's...and are 12-0-2 in the last 14 series's!!! Braves are kicking ass and taking names! We'll soon command the best record in baseball...
  • Options
    A yankees fan that cant stand Scott? Oh...you may be in for a rude awakening come the end of June image
  • Options
    Hey Derrick...I hear what your saying...Pat Burrell has 17 Home runs this year...but hes gotten NO votes because he plays the outfield now...I`ll bet if he played 1st base still he`d be at least near the top of the list
  • Options
    Definitely dude...Chipper is usually ALWAYS a sure bet for the All-Star game, but they just HAD to move him into the OF! Oh well, life goes on. I know for sure Andruw Jones will be going!!! This guy is amazing and to think he's only 24 years old. He's the best CF in baseball without question. I watch him on a nightly basis, and he gets to balls that no one would ever get too. Many managers in the Majors today have said that he's probably the best they've ever seen...even a little better than Willie Mays. And, he's having a great season offensively as well...19 HR's and over 50 RBI's, and is also on pace to score over 100 runs.

Another guy who'll go for the Braves will Tom Glavine for sure! He's also having a monster year, and probably his best season of his career...and Tommy has had MANY great seasons so that's saying a lot. He's won 20+ games 5 times in his career and on pace for another 20 win season...so, I know for sure AJ, and Tommy will be going...Mike Remlinger from the bullpen might go as well...or John Smoltz who has 24 saves this season...who knows...only time will tell. image
  • Options
    Derrick...i do agree Andruw is the best...(enjoy my cooperation just this once) BUT...

ANDRUW JONES
    G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS OBP SLG OPS AVG
    75 282 48 80 17 0 19 53 43 63 5 0 .383 .546 .929 .284

TORII HUNTER
    74 289 48 86 19 2 17 53 21 67 10 3 .342 .554 .895 .298

He`s close...
  • Options
    new york yankees sucks!!! go los angeles dodgers!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Derrick...i do agree Andruw is the best...(enjoy my cooperation just this once) BUT...

ANDRUW JONES
    75 282 48 80 17 0 19 53 43 63 5 0 .383 .546 .929 .284

TORII HUNTER
    74 289 48 86 19 2 17 53 21 67 10 3 .342 .554 .895 .298

He`s close... >>

Well, what I'm talking about is defensive wise. Andruw Jones is the best CF in baseball...and many people would echo that. image
  • Options
    Notice how most laker and dodger 'fans' only come out when they're team is winning?
  • Options
    But Hunter seems to make a "Web Gem" every night!
  • Options
    Trust me dude, Andruw Jones makes an amazing play each game as well...Once you think the ball is going to be over his head, he seems to make the play. A lot of managers say that enjoy playing the Braves just to get a glimpse of Andruw's awesomeness in Center...(although I'm sure they hate it when he makes a play against them...image)
  • Options
    I see him play every game and I really enjoy watching him play center. And when a screaming line drive is hit to left center or right center I am always wondering if this is another potential double or triple that is going to wind up in Andruw's glove. It usually does. He saves more hits per game than he gets and he gets plenty. The man is worth his weight in gold to the Braves.

He could easily be the most highly paid outfielder in the game if he had gone on the open market. Can you imagine how much Steinbrenner would have paid him? Geeeezzzzzzzz.

Of course $12.5 million a year isn't toufou.