Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

KM number lookup request

Rushing to catch my plane back home yesterday through Schipol airport I stopped to quickly buy chocolates for family/friends (as I have to do each time through that airport). In my change I received a German 2007D 2 Euro with Mecklenburg-Vorpommern as its design.

Anyone have the KM number for this 2 Euro?

Note: I was forced to spend last week in the south of France at a conference suffering 60+ degree temps. Was happy to return last night to temps in the teens. image
R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
Collecting:
Conder tokens
19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm

Comments

• Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    What?? Poor you stuck in temperatures in the 60's!!! Boo hoo!!! Personally, I would prefer those temps over any other, any day!image -Dan
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508

wow! how nice of you! you bought us all chocolates? thanks, I'm sure you'll now get flooded with PMs with addressess image

Don't want to gloat again all, but it is a nice 75 and sunny here today. ahhhhhh.......winter
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Krause has a really moronic treatment of these in the 2009 book. For one thing, they're not consistent with calling the map side obv or rev. But for 07 there was the standard issue with the new map (KM 258), the Treaty of Rome commem (KM 259) and this:

<< <i>Obv: Large value at left, modified outline of Europe at right Obv. Legend: BUNDESREPUBLIK DEUTSCHLAND Rev: City buildings Edge: Reeded and lettered Edge Lettering: EINIGKEIT UND RECHT UND FREIHEIT >>

... which I assume is the Mecklenburg commem (no pics), though they only list the Stuttgart mint for it which is wrong.

So that's a rambling way of saying... KM 260 image

Edit - value in BU is listed as $9, none other given.

So no rain in Amsterdam? Lucky! image
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Thanks spoon!

Krause still has gotten the description wrong. If the denomination is the obverse then the description should be:
    Obv. Large value at left, modified outline of Europe at right.
    Rev. City buildings, MECKLENBURG-VORPOMMERM beneath. Legend BUNDESREPUBLIK DEUTSCHLAND
    Edge as you stated.

Thankfully, they brought our plane in from the other direction from that taken by the Turkish Airlines plane. While I have landed on that same runway a number of times I assume that runway is still out of service. One of the companies we are currently trying to sell our product to is the ground handler for Turkish Airlines in Amsterdam. Last week was not a good week for them. image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    it's 17 degrees in milwaukee wisconsin
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set