Scans to follow:

Registry Sets:
T222's PSA 1 or better

Comments

• slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    *waiting patiently*
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
  • Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    1981 Topps Cellos. Opened four and centering is a little off, but I am happy

Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • check out Murray's sideburns.
    Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Growing up in Detroit, Eddie Murray was one of the most feared hitters when he came to town.
    Mike
    Bench's swing looks like an overweight dude I play softball with that can't really get his arms around his gut.
    Did Topps hire a 12 year old kid to take the photos in 1981?
    Mike

• << <i>check out Murray's sideburns. >>

You those lamb chops....image
    1984 Topps Four More Cellos. The Gwynn has a ding on the right edge. Too bad.

Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
    84's look pretty nice!
    O Pee Chee was pretty bad. Sent most of the time peeling gum off the back. Anyone know how to remove gum off a card? The McGee is nice, but has gum stuck to it. The 84's were by far the best. Centering is good and corners look nice. Might send a few in.

Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Thanks for sharing the pulls- on the '84 Brett, it sort of looks like his whole head and cap were airbrushed in.
    Love the Chicago team cards wher they always did seperate head shots- I think they did it quite a few years, and I remember some Blackhawks team cards were like that too
  • cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    If you need a good home for that McGee let me know. Maybe we could work out a trade.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for sharing the pulls- on the '84 Brett, it sort of looks like his whole head and cap were airbrushed in. >>

On that card Brett has JAY LENO HEAD!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • do you send any in for grading or do you stack them on your desk?>
    I usually accumulate cards throughout the year and then pick a handful to send in when I can. Don't think I will get any in for the $5 special. If they extend it I will probably send a stack.
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Love the sawblade edges on the roughcuts, I really do.

Centering on those OPC's actually looks pretty good!
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Growing up in Detroit, Eddie Murray was one of the most feared hitters when he came to town. >>

True, although when it came to Tiger-killers everyone takes a back seat to Harold Baines.

<< <i>

<< <i>Growing up in Detroit, Eddie Murray was one of the most feared hitters when he came to town. >>

True, although when it came to Tiger-killers everyone takes a back seat to Harold Baines. >>

How true. Milt Wilcox lost his one chance at getting something in the Hall of Fame because of Harold.
    Mike
  • Nice cards, but that is one messed up scanner. It makes my eyes hurt.image
  • RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    in the 80s, Chicago owned Detroit pitching. Baines, Hairston, Fisk, everyone! i'll never forget my father taking me to a game in the mid 80s. the Sox were up like 8-0 in the first inning thanks Fisk's 2 hr- one a grand slam... but then, Morris no-hit them, a game i'll always cherish for those reasons!
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>O Pee Chee was pretty bad. Sent most of the time peeling gum off the back. Anyone know how to remove gum off a card? The McGee is nice, but has gum stuck to it. The 84's were by far the best. Centering is good and corners look nice. Might send a few in.

image >>

Carew has that head band streched to it's limit!!