Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

French Cinq Centimes L'An 7 Newp

Not sure if this is a good price or not, but I'm looking forward to getting the piece in hand. I'm pretty sure it's double struck. Looks to be a decent RB Unc.

Link

Comments

• Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a nice one! image
    It's out of my range, but I'd guess that isn't a terrible price. Good seller.

BTW, cinq centimes = 5 cents, l'an 7 = 1798-99 -- just in case ya didn't know what you just spent $262 on imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like a nice one! image
    It's out of my range, but I'd guess that isn't a terrible price. Good seller.

BTW, cinq centimes = 5 cents, l'an 7 = 1798-99 -- just in case ya didn't know what you just spent $262 on imageimage >>

Yep, I know what it is image. I'm putting together a set of French Revolutionary coins.
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    That's gotta be a really nice collection if the others are anything like that! The high grade coppers always seem tougher because of the auction house's bias for big silver though.

There was a member here who hasn't posted in a long time who has an impressive collection from the Napoleonic period. Here's is his website.
  • Options

<< <i>That's gotta be a really nice collection if the others are anything like that! The high grade coppers always seem tougher because of the auction house's bias for big silver though.

There was a member here who hasn't posted in a long time who has an impressive collection from the Napoleonic period. Here's is his website. >>

Here's one of my favorites. NGC MS64, shot at 65. The pictures don't show the strong lutser the coin has. In hand, it has huge eye appeal.
    imageimage

I missed out on a truly superb 1813 5 Francs in NGC MS64 in Heritages 2009 NYINC sale. The coin was drop dead stunning in hand. It sold for more than I was willing to pay though.