Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Live Rip: Some random 80's BB from BBCE

Decided to place a small order for some random stuff from BBCE.

Order included:
1982 Topps Rack
(4) 1984 OPC Wax
1981 Topps Cello
1982 Donruss Wax Rack
(3) 1989 UD Low

and a couple of 1980's junk boxes for the fun of it.

I'll start with the UD. Scans to follow...

Comments

• Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Nothing in the first two UD packs except for the Mattingly, which I'm always happy to get. Then I got lucky in the 3rd:

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    NYCE!!!
  • Options
    Very Nice.
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, can't beat that.
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say Home run in the 3rd. Awesome pull.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    you suck! I bought a box a few months back and got 0 of those Griffey's.

Card looks like it has a good shot at 9 - that alone should pay for your little rip.
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

Couldn't have asked for more out of the 1981 cello either (other than better centering):

• Options

<< <i>you suck! I bought a box a few months back and got 0 of those Griffey's.

Card looks like it has a good shot at 9 - that alone should pay for your little rip. >>

I think it does... corners are sharp and the holo is clean. That would be sweet for sure.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Thanks guys!

Couldn't have asked for more out of the 1981 cello either (other than better centering): >>

Dang, I got the opposite on my recent cello rips a few months ago....I got good centering and touched corners.

Looks like you are getting some key cards for that rip. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    1984 OPC & Topps (I got 3 cellos which I think I forgot to mention in my OP), 1982 Topps. Nothing too great.

• Options
    Great stuff nice mix of HOF'ers!
  • Options
    I forgot to mention, that Henderson was touching the gum in the cello. I saw the back and said "figures..." but when I turned it over, the gum fell right off and just left dust. No problems on the card. I feel like that never happens to me.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    The more I see the 82 Topps the more I am starting to really like it!!
  • Options
    Nothing really in teh Donruss either. Is that Fernando's rookie?

• Options

<< <i> Nothing really in teh Donruss either. Is that Fernando's rookie? >>

I know with Topps and Fleer Fernando's RC was 81. I believe his 82 Donruss #462 was his RC as well. It looks like u got his Donruss Rookie Card.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Ive got (2) boxes of 89 UD LOW and half a case of 87 Donruss on its way to me BBCE. Hope my luck is as good as yours.

Nice Griffey pull!
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    great pulls! Congrats on the griffey
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257

<< <i>

I know with Topps and Fleer Fernando's RC was 81. I believe his 82 Donruss #462 was his RC as well. It looks like u got his Donruss Rookie Card. >>

I don't think the '82 Donruss is a rookie card since it is not from '81. The correct term would be "First Donruss Card". But I could be wrong as it's happened before. image

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WTG Couch. Nice rip from most of the packs. That JR had to make you smile!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I know with Topps and Fleer Fernando's RC was 81. I believe his 82 Donruss #462 was his RC as well. It looks like u got his Donruss Rookie Card. >>

I don't think the '82 Donruss is a rookie card since it is not from '81. The correct term would be "First Donruss Card". But I could be wrong as it's happened before. image

Chris >>

Chris, I believe that's what I said...I was basically saying that was his first Donruss card.

Brian
  • Options
    1984 OPC's are tough. Tough to find centered and apperantly PSA doesn't let the rough cut slide like they do on older OPC's. Every one I submitted came back as MC and not holdered except for one, a Daryl Strawberry rookie that was a PSA 8ST.
  • Options

<< <i>1984 OPC's are tough. Tough to find centered and apperantly PSA doesn't let the rough cut slide like they do on older OPC's. Every one I submitted came back as MC and not holdered except for one, a Daryl Strawberry rookie that was a PSA 8ST. >>

Seems like it. I don't think a single card out of those packs was even close to gradable.
  • Options

<< <i>Ive got (2) boxes of 89 UD LOW and half a case of 87 Donruss on its way to me BBCE. Hope my luck is as good as yours.

Nice Griffey pull! >>

Nice - good luck!

Regardless of the cards I pulled, I have to say once again I'm completely impressed with BBCE. Packaging is superb, and the boxes I got are case fresh. They do a top notch job.
  • Options
    Alright, just ripped an 1986 Topps Cello. I love adding "junk" on top of an order just so I can rip more stuff.

As expected I got a bunch of HOFers, but not one is actually gradable. I never realized how tough the centering is on those things. Sharp corners on most, but off t/b or l/r everywhere. I got 3 Ryans. All are gorgeous but 60/40 l/r.