Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I've got an '83 Topps box on its way to my house

Ordered from BBCE last night, I would think it would be here on Friday. This will be my first live rip. image Besides the Boggs, Sandburg, and Gwynn, what other cards are worth submitting if they are 9s or 10s?

Chris
Chris
My small collection
Want List:
'61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
Cardinal T206 cards
Adam Wainwright GU Jersey

Comments

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to it! Good luck.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭✭
    2nd year Ripken (card #163)
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Although a very beautiful set, 10's are pretty much the only thing that cab bring in the money . The Rose and Ryan cards can get pricey. I have the set on the registry called " My son Mark's set " curently # 2. If you get these graded and want to sell, If I need them , I will bye them----Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Bill Caudill
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Chris, I wish you many PSA 10's. Cant wait for the rip!
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Thanks guys. I can't wait to open it. It'll be my first vintage (if you can call '83 vintage image) rip. I've never opened anything before 1987 (and that was back in 1987 :Funnyimage so this should be fun. I don't look to get my money back on the rip but it would be nice to hit a few nice PSA 10s.

Chris

edited to say: I will let you know what 10s I get, Sonny.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options

<< <i>Bill Caudill >>

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Other than the big 3 plus Ryan and Ripken, unless they are 10's not really worth submitting unless for a personal collection. PSA registry hasn't quite caught on yet for this set.
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    ahh man, opened this thread and got all excited, hoping someone else found the joys of ripping that sweet sweet 83 topps FB too. oh well.
  • Options

<< <i>ahh man, opened this thread and got all excited, hoping someone else found the joys of ripping that sweet sweet 83 topps FB too. oh well. >>

Sorry to disappoint you. image

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Good luck man - I like the '83 set. Regardless of how "well" you do it will be fun.
  • Options
    Congrats Chris, you'll have a lot of fun ripping it. Did you go with the wax or michigan?
  • Options
    ok
  • Options
    I believe he went with the wax because of some quick advice on the Michigans (they suck).
  • Options
    I did go with the wax. I probably would have done cello had Steve had a full box available.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I believe he went with the wax because of some quick advice on the Michigans (they suck). >>

If that's the case, great call. I've had much better luck with the wax packs.
  • Options
    I busted a cello box from BBBCE in November. Packs were clean and cards were crisp but only pulled one Boggs and one Gwynn. I think that is the Gwynn I sent to PSA in the group sub.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Chris nice pickup and good luck.

I would think the Ryan might be a good card to have graded in addition to those mentioned already.

That is if you feel it would 10.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Ripken, Ryan, McGee any any HOF'er from this set is worth the shot if you are positive it is going to at least grade a 9. I actually got about $12 on eBay for a Bruce Sutter AS PSA 9 a few months ago. Not very sexy, but covered the cost of submission and a few extra bucks.
  • Options
    I just got the e-mail from Steve saying that the box has shipped. These next couple of days are going to suck! I hate waiting!

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    Chris,

Let's trade commons once you rip and sort. I am going to finish the 83 set next.
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I hate waiting!

Chris >>

Tell me about it. I've been waiting almost two months for a transaction to be completed on here.

Good luck on the rip and most of all have fun. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I hate waiting!

Chris >>

Tell me about it. I've been waiting almost two months for a transaction to be completed on here.

Good luck on the rip and most of all have fun. image >>

That sucks, Jeff. You obviously have more patience then I do. Two months is a long time to wait for cards that you've already paid for. Hopefully this person will get off his lazy butt and send them to you soon. That's ridiculous.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards